Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SWFC_FAN

Jamie Vardy

Vardy's season took a nosedive after a good start, after he got injured, he got brought back too soon with Waghorn getting injured and never looked the same, he seemed unfit and low on confidence. A very good start to the season was undone by injury.

At the moment it looks like a costly mistake and a poor signing by Pearson - the step up appears to have been too much for him. He showed glimpses that he might be good enough, and I'd be tempted to keep him on the books for now and let him go out on loan to see what happens. I doubt he's on massive wages and if he goes out on loan he might score a few and come back to contribute something for us, or he'll be in the shop window for a move elsewhere. I would be interested to see if he's gotten used to the two up in quality in his second season... I don't think he'll be leaving permanently this summer anyway, so I we'll all get to see what happens. But at the minute? Possibly Pearson's worst signing (apart from maybe Robbie ****ing Neilson)

On a different note, it seems strange to me that a lot of the people saying that Vardy has been a shit signing and should be gotten rid of are the same people who are saying Becks should be given another chance? I know which one was the worse signing and the bigger waste of money personally.

At the moment it looks like a costly mistake and a poor signing by Pearson - the step up appears to have been too much for him. He showed glimpses that he might be good enough, and I'd be tempted to keep him on the books for now and let him go out on loan to see what happens. I doubt he's on massive wages and if he goes out on loan he might score a few and come back to contribute something for us, or he'll be in the shop window for a move elsewhere. I would be interested to see if he's gotten used to the two up in quality in his second season... I don't think he'll be leaving permanently this summer anyway, so I we'll all get to see what happens. But at the minute? Possibly Pearson's worst signing (apart from maybe Robbie ****ing Neilson)

On a different note, it seems strange to me that a lot of the people saying that Vardy has been a shit signing and should be gotten rid of are the same people who are saying Becks should be given another chance? I know which one was the worse signing and the bigger waste of money personally.

To be fair Rich that's another good post of yours.

No surprises there.

I think you're right. Vardy wasn't a good signing and Beckford was worse. I guess why I was asking whether people would give the latter another chance is if we can't ship him out. It would be a sorry situation to have a 30k a week man pissing about in the reserves.

Two points: absolutely get rid if we can BUT it remains interesting one of the favourites for promotion are after him.

I've never been as torn on a city player in recent times as I have over Beckford. Flashes of clear quality, interspersed with evidence of just not looking bothered.

I give in

You ain't listening

Ignore I think...

Don't blame you tbh. If there was someone on here routinely showing me up and making me look an irrational and unfair fool I think I'd probably whack 'em on the old Ignore List too. Still, your loss  :thumbup:

To be fair Rich that's another good post of yours.

No surprises there.

I think you're right. Vardy wasn't a good signing and Beckford was worse. I guess why I was asking whether people would give the latter another chance is if we can't ship him out. It would be a sorry situation to have a 30k a week man pissing about in the reserves.

Two points: absolutely get rid if we can BUT it remains interesting one of the favourites for promotion are after him.

I've never been as torn on a city player in recent times as I have over Beckford. Flashes of clear quality, interspersed with evidence of just not looking bothered.

I think for me, if the wages are what they're rumoured to be, he's just not worth keeping in any kind of scenario. Couple that with the fact that he's not significantly better than what we've already got as well, then this has probably been one of our absolute poorest signings of all time in terms of value, certinaly giving Akinbiyi a run for his money. If only we'd just signed Yakubu permanently instead of Beckford...

No idea what the board were thinking when they sanctioned this signing. Part of the blame has to lie with Sven - they trusted him to bring in players that were worth the massive contracts they were offering - but the absolutely unbelievable financial mismanagement of that season is costing us majorly now and will do for seasons to come. The thing is, the board have done a great job in the past season - they've provided funds for the manager and we've strengthened sensibly while trying to cut costs at the same time, but it's too little, too late.

You've put up a good argument and personally I think you've been more than fair to NFP with your assessments and being happy to give him another season.

You're wasting your time with the Pearsonites though,  they don't want to listen, I honestly think most of them are more likely to have a poster of Pearson on their wall than one of the team.

Of course as soon as he goes they'll all be claiming that they always thought he was a poor manager, the same as they do when a player leaves.

:yawn:  :yawn:  Still stuck on 'Pearsonites' this and 'Pearson-bummers' that? No consideration for the actual content of said supporters posts?

If you aren't a 'Pearsonite' (by your own admission) why do you bite when I use the term?

I think I've touched a nerve, unintentionally, and you appear to protesteth too much?

The ironic thing is I think we are essentially pretty much on a par in terms of our views on him. But if you want to keep wetting yourself when I dangle the carrot then be my guest.

lol

The simple fact is that Pearson made an expensive error in signing Vardy. If he is now 'being sensible' by sending him out on loan then

BIG DEAL.. I expect a manager earning what Pearson is earning and being as good as some people make him out to be to not make such an expensive mistake. Sven gets slated for some of the expensive rubbish he signed.. So should Nigel.

He has been slated for poor business yet you continue to use "Pearsonite" as if it's not all embarrassing or stupid.

If he features this season and flops, there must be no excuses but to simply agree that he's not good enough for this level. Some people wanted him to have a full season before provin himself which will be what he's had....

• 3 weeks later...

Shoot me down in flames but with Nugent being injured, I have a sneaky feeling Vardy is going to start the season very well. If he's played... Personally, I hope he's given a second chance. We all know he's quick. If Pearson has coached him on his first touch (I agree with Fleckney Mike, Vardy's first touch is poor) then we could have a player who has really improved and can score goals.

There's no doubt for me that Vardy is at least one level above where he belongs.

It's not just his first touch either, the standard is just too high for him and most defenders can shepherd him down dead ends away from goal without too much trouble.

If you want a genuine goal threat in Nugent's absence then Beckford is a far better option.

We have three credible strikers signed to the club, and with one on his way we desperately need a replacement to provide cover / competition.

Even Futacs is better than Vardy for me.

There's no doubt for me that Vardy is at least one level above where he belongs.

It's not just his first touch either, the standard is just too high for him and most defenders can shepherd him down dead ends away from goal without too much trouble.

If you want a genuine goal threat in Nugent's absence then Beckford is a far better option.

We have three credible strikers signed to the club, and with one on his way we desperately need a replacement to provide cover / competition.

Hahahaha. Based on what?

Vardy's not amazing, but he looks like ****ing Pele when compared to Futacs. Futcacs looks like he's won a raffle to play in the team.

Considering he's a professional footballer earning thousands of pounds a week he doesn't half look like he's just got out of sleeping bag on churchgate.

Even on a night out in town he looks like a homeless person.

Thousands a week? Vardy? One thousand maybe. Plus appearance bonus and goal bonus of course, but he doesn't earn much from that. He'll be jet washing wheelie bins five months after he stops playing football.

Archived