Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SWFC_FAN

Jamie Vardy

Thousands a week? Vardy? One thousand maybe. Plus appearance bonus and goal bonus of course, but he doesn't earn much from that. He'll be jet washing wheelie bins five months after he stops playing football.

We gave some tw knowledgeable fans don't we pmsl

Another smugbump. I don't see much in here that was wrong at the time it was posted. All these people who knew he would come good were conspicuously absent from the thread.

In conclusion smugbumpers shouldn't smugbump a thread unless they're quoting their own posts which shows great vision and predicting skills imo.

Too be honest mate I think its just interesting to read it back considering how well he's done since all of this! I think pretty much everyone doubted him back then but like many have said some players take time to adapt where as some others don't, then you have people who went well over the top and said he couldn't play in any league but non league lol .

And that is why we leave the managing decisions to Pearson. Seriously though, has any of his signings been a major flop? None that I can really think of.

Well, no major signings have been major flops. There's been a revolving door of backup fullbacks that haven't made much impression and the whole N'Guessan ahead of Gradel thing, but can't think of anything other than that.

Don't think people should be judged too harshly for their opinions here. Some of the comments from two years ago are a bit OTT but I don't remember looking down at anyone for disagreeing with me at the time - it simply wasn't that unreasonable to believe he wasn't good enough for the club.

People should refer to this thread whenever there's a mass disagreement with Pearson.

Football is a fickle game.

If we lost our first 3 games of next season, you'd be sure that this place would turn back into that black hole that sucks the life out of any hope. 

(I've sided with Pearson most of the time but even I thought Vardy was hopeless)

Thousands a week? Vardy? One thousand maybe. Plus appearance bonus and goal bonus of course, but he doesn't earn much from that. He'll be jet washing wheelie bins five months after he stops playing football.

The good thing about people who jet-wash wheelie bins for a living, going by the ones I know, is that they don't have an unfounded superiority complex - unlike a few guys on here from what I read in general chat.

Ben Marshall arguably? 3 good months when he first arrived then went massively off the boil, could argue Robbie Neilson as well. Other than that the flops have been loans like McGivern.

Yeah possibly Marshall although he showed some glimpses of good talent, think signing Knockeart was the end of him. Neilson and McGivern were okay and bought on the cheap, given our spending in Pearson's first spell was very limited. Our scouting system has to be one of the best in England given some of the players we have uncovered. Knocky, Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, James....etc, all are PL quality. Mix that in with the likes of Schlupp and Moore who are good youth prospects.

Shoot me down in flames but with Nugent being injured, I have a sneaky feeling Vardy is going to start the season very well. If he's played... Personally, I hope he's given a second chance. We all know he's quick. If Pearson has coached him on his first touch (I agree with Fleckney Mike, Vardy's first touch is poor) then we could have a player who has really improved and can score goals.

:thumbup:

Never in doubt!

It's just the writing off after 6 months following a big step up that pisses me off. Give the lad at chance, he's proved he's capable of making a step up twice now.

Same as the dullards that have been proven wrong about Pearson 3 times now, stop being so quick to judge.

It's just the writing off after 6 months following a big step up that pisses me off. Give the lad at chance, he's proved he's capable of making a step up twice now.

Same as the dullards that have been proven wrong about Pearson 3 times now, stop being so quick to judge.

I have always though Vardy would be good, but I have been a dullard myself regarding one or two other players in the passed. I don't think Schulpp will ever improve enough, but if I turn out to be wrong I'll be happy about it. Is dullard a Sheffield term? lol

:thumbup:

Never in doubt!

This is the first time I've seen two contradictory posts from you on the same page... Three posts above that one you were quoted laying into Pearson for signing him. Is it the first time it's happened or am I usually just too lazy to check??

So? I'm not a fortune teller; he had been fairly poor at the time, so considering his previous spell was in the conference, no-one (sane) could really have expected him to do this well in the premier league.

Give yourself a golden star and a smug pat on the back for your clearly superior football knowledge and predicting skills (I'm sure you'll make a fine professional scout one day), but I'm not going to reel of some long humbling apology for what was a relatively sensible post at the time - especially as this thread was about him going out on loan, presumably with an option to sell.

Are we all going to go through everyone's post history to find something they've said that's turned out to be incorrect a few years down the line? 'Cus if we're only allowed to say things we know to be 100% accurate, it's going to be a pretty boring place.

Well, Pearson and the scouts obviously did (not sure if sane). It's not that people got it wrong that's the problem, and actually for the most part this thread is pretty reasonable, but there are still a good few comments along the lines of "not good enough, nevr will be good enough, should of stuck to Sven and Beckford, any1 can see he's not up to our squad why is pearson getting payed to pick these nomarks pearson out shakey out owners out."

I definitely doubted Vardy and definitely thought Waghorn was the better player, so not claiming clairvoyance at all-but people who are so vicious in their criticism deserve to have it rubbed in their face imo.

Another potentially bizarre decision.

Pearson goes and gets a young striker, pays handsomely for him and now the rumour is he may be available to go out on loan.

This looks, to me, like yet more money wasted.

Vardy ain't a kid anymore. If this happens it will be likely he'll eventually get sold.

Vardy ain't Beckford or Danns.. He was a Pearson signing... And, by the looks of it, a mistake.

I presume the Pearsonites will find some argument for this being a good thing (waits with baited breath)... But I can't see anything positive in it.

Showed a lot of promise early season, linked up brilliantly with strike partner held it up well for midfielders to join in attack, played the wide men in well... Really aided the team, got 4 in 9 too.

But then got an illness, followed by an injury & never looked the same player, lost form then he seemed to be trying too hard & nothing flowed... Then when our team lost form it compounded his loss of form & he looked pretty poor for a side trying to get back in autos.

Be very disappointed if we loaned him out without having a look at him again, if his early form & promise can be built upon he'll be good for our squad, especially as Beckford is hopefully being sold, Wood was woeful during a run in (it was almost like he was playing against us) & Schlupp is a long way off being a consistent forward probably needing another year with the development squad or out on loan for a year... Meaning we're hardly flush with options up front

Hahahaha

There were some arguments that our good start to that first season was down to Vardy's hard work and willingness to pressure but the finishing wasn't up to standard and then he lost his confidence.

Pearson should take credit for keeping his spirits up, backing his own judgement and seeing the potential.

Archived