Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SWFC_FAN

Jamie Vardy

Thousands a week? Vardy? One thousand maybe. Plus appearance bonus and goal bonus of course, but he doesn't earn much from that. He'll be jet washing wheelie bins five months after he stops playing football.

This was discussed some time ago, those itk reckoned he was on 7k a week.

Vardy's alright, but desperately needs game time. The lad came from non-league, had a decent start then hit a poor run of form, and couldn't warrant a regular place when Wood signed.

I'm not saying anything other than Wood & Nuge is my first choice up-front, but I'm positive that all Vardy needs is experience at this level to succeed. That should probably be at another club, but if he did go to Wednesday (which makes sense, since my flatmate at Uni told me last year that he lived there as a kid), I'd be well open to him returning to the fold, as I am about Danns after his spell at Huddersfield. At present, Waghorn is my 3rd choice option, but that could change. 

There's a bit about Vardy reminds me of Kermorgant. Not so much in style of play, but in circumstances. Both have elements of their game which are very good. Both have divided opinion. Both just needed goals in a City shirt to potentially move up a level. Both could, (have in Kermo's case), easily go elsewhere and do relatively well. Vardy has pace and tenacity and a good attitude, on the pitch, at least!  But his confidence in front of goal visibly evaporated last season. For someone who had scored a lot of goals, admittedly at a much lower level, that must have been difficult to get his head around. The club will have psychologists working with him around mental strength. They can also coach him to get across the front post, where he'll likely get more goal opportunities at this level, rather than the back post where he possibly was able to operate with Fleetwood. Whether he can get enough game time, however, remains to be seen, but I'd love to see him bang a few in early doors and see how he fairs with some confidence back. feel he might be used to being a big fish in a small pond previously and maybe needs to feel 'loved' in this environment???

No loan spell for me, we don't need more players going.

Vardy was wrote of too quick by many fans on here, especially considering he had just jumped from non league. He works very hard for the team, decent in the air and can beat a player when needed. Didn't score many last season, but I went to Blackburn away last season and he scored two very good goals, one of which (the one that counted) was him being under pressure.

DSC_0235.jpg

Nearly died laughing

This time last year:

Vardy: oi, Nuge bet I'll score 20 this season.

Nuge: ok but if you don't you got to get cornrows for the whole of next season.

Vardy: lol k easy game

1.At what point do you think that hairdo looks good "I'm having that done.it looks soo good"

2.what has Vardy done to his wvnking claw?

3.Sharpe.You disappoint me,that you even know what it's called.

This was discussed some time ago, those itk reckoned he was on 7k a week.

Those "itk" on here have been proven time and again to be less accurate than a monkey sticking pins on a wall. If they say he's on £7k, the one thing he's not is on £7k.

If he's paid anything like that i'd be gobsmacked. He was a non-league footballer, he wasn't exactly in high demand at this level. A sensible contract for him would have been a low basic rising based on appearances and goals. Since he more or less flopped he'll still be on the low basic.

No loan spell for me, we don't need more players going.

Vardy was wrote of too quick by many fans on here, especially considering he had just jumped from non league. He works very hard for the team, decent in the air and can beat a player when needed. Didn't score many last season, but I went to Blackburn away last season and he scored two very good goals, one of which (the one that counted) was him being under pressure.

We have quite a number of strikers though where do you see Vardy in the pecking order? for me he is 4th choice at best behind Schlupp, Wood and Nugent.

I am quite confident some of our Under 21 Strikers such as Blyth, Hopper and Panatinyou (however you spell his surname) could provide that back up role with minimum fuss.

Vardy needs game time if we are to get anything like the best out of him.

Shoot me down in flames but with Nugent being injured, I have a sneaky feeling Vardy is going to start the season very well. If he's played... Personally, I hope he's given a second chance. We all know he's quick. If Pearson has coached him on his first touch (I agree with Fleckney Mike, Vardy's first touch is poor) then we could have a player who has really improved and can score goals.

I agree. He will start at Middlesborough

I've been in his company on a night out, he got steaming drunk, moaned and slagged Pearson for not playing him, saying he was by far the best striker at the club, was going to demand a loan the next day, left about 5am( pissed as a fart ) in the morn with training at 10.. Myself and mates couldn't believe our ears...

I've been in his company on a night out, he got steaming drunk, moaned and slagged Pearson for not playing him, saying he was by far the best striker at the club, was going to demand a loan the next day, left about 5am( pissed as a fart ) in the morn with training at 10.. Myself and mates couldn't believe our ears...

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

Shoot me down in flames but with Nugent being injured, I have a sneaky feeling Vardy is going to start the season very well. If he's played... Personally, I hope he's given a second chance. We all know he's quick. If Pearson has coached him on his first touch (I agree with Fleckney Mike, Vardy's first touch is poor) then we could have a player who has really improved and can score goals.

I'd definitely rather give Vardy another chance over someone like Danns or Beckford. At least when in the side we actually won regularly and for all he lacked skill on the ball (for whatever reason), he was excellent off it, his work rate was terrific and this did actually help the side IMO.

Maybe I'm just blinkered because it's pretty much a given that we won't sign anyone in his position, but I don't think he was far off being an asset.

I'd definitely rather give Vardy another chance over someone like Danns or Beckford. At least when in the side we actually won regularly and for all he lacked skill on the ball (for whatever reason), he was excellent off it, his work rate was terrific and this did actually help the side IMO.

Maybe I'm just blinkered because it's pretty much a given that we won't sign anyone in his position, but I don't think he was far off being an asset.

I agree. The thing is, also, we seemed to be playing freeflowing attacking football when we started with Vardy up front last season, especially with Nugent alongside him. I'm not saying Vardy is better than Nugent or Wood, because he isn't, but he was wrote of too early in my opinion. I've said that before, but I do think he deserves another chance.

He is bloody awful will never make it at this level? Saw enough of him last season to know that. Waste of a million quid and a terrible signing. Take the et off your last word and maybe your right.

I'd be all for this 'give him a chance' talk if he was young or even showed glimmers of potential. But IMO he doesn't show anything other then hardwork, it was a gamble that hasn't paid off. Someone like waghorn who is only 22/23 ha not only shown his class before but obviously has time to improve. It's the simple solution, I hope Pearson agrees

I think he could play off nugent & wood (3-5-2) or just wood (4-4-2). He has great upper body strength and pace and should bully centre backs for fun. Just needs to curve those runs from a ball over the top, gets caught offside a little to much. We've only seen glimpses of his abilities hope he gets a decent run of games

Much prefer Waghorn too tbh

• 1 year later...

This thread is interesting. A lot of negativity toward Jamie Vardy. A lot of fans would have had him gone. Just shows Nigel and his team's perception on players is very good. Have a read through. You'll no doubt see your name in here somewhere. 

Have to highlight the chap who says Waghorn is twice the player in his opinion! 

Probably Nigel's worst signing since he returned.

Million pound + for a player who doesnt have the ability to play in this division, tries his best and will work his balls off for you mind.

If you can pay his wages might be worth us shifting him out.

Oh mate.

Agree with you. Knew he would be out of his depth too big a gap only we could pay a million quid for someone from non league. Will never make it at this level should sell to anyone but please get rid.

Changed your mind yet?

Archived