Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

The truth about Sven

Or try to blame him for EVERYTHING.  :rolleyes:

Nice try. I don't try and blame him for everything. The owners naivety in putting faith in the bloke, Andrew Neville for being in a job he's clearly got no experience in and Sven for signing shit and allowing it all to happen.

Anyone who thinks Sven is free of blame for this has surely been hypnotised.

Nice try. I don't try and blame him for everything. The owners naivety in putting faith in the bloke, Andrew Neville for being in a job he's clearly got no experience in and Sven for signing shit and allowing it all to happen.

Anyone who thinks Sven is free of blame for this has surely been hypnotised.

Thing is, there are very few people who absolve Sven of ALL blame. Yet there are a minority who blame Sven for EVERYTHING, and also another minority who exaggerate how bad a manager he actually was. The same applies to those who apply the same idiot logic to Pearson.

You've heard it all. Read my post again Babs. It was speculative. Nobody knows the facts. Yet they'll make the full fact statements that Sven didn't try to sign wingers, and didn't address the width issue. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

He didn't address it though because we didn't actually sign any wingers? How is that NOT fact?

Thing is, there are very few people who absolve Sven of ALL blame. Yet there are a minority who blame Sven for EVERYTHING, and also another minority who exaggerate how bad a manager he actually was. The same applies to those who apply the same idiot logic to Pearson.

A lot of people lack a middle ground. I just personally think so many are completely blinded by Sven. The bloke's an absolute fraud.

I think every bastard in the league saw the stupid money we were throwing out the window and added zeros to price tags. Winger are not as easy to find. Good wingers that is are not easy to find, and we would have been rinsed.

Why do other clubs get decent wingers then? Clubs that are/were much poorer than us? Why has Pearson bought a winger with less money even though we'd still have a reputation for spending?

You're telling me we were happy to spend £5m on Matt Mills but couldn't possibly afford a decent winger?

The excuses here are ridiculous.

Why do other clubs get decent wingers then? Clubs that are/were much poorer than us? Why has Pearson bought a winger with less money even though we'd still have a reputation for spending?

You're telling me we were happy to spend £5m on Matt Mills but couldn't possibly afford a decent winger?

The excuses here are ridiculous.

where are am I backtracking. quote me bitch

Incorrect. I am clearly stating that Neville negotiated the contracts, and signed the cheques. Our owners most certinaly were in involved, and yes Sven should have been more hands on with the budget. However, when you have a big name manager, and owners who publicly declared how much they intended on spending (and more if needed), how exactly is what I've already posted blaming Neville for everything? I've posted this numerous times, please show me where I've blamed Neville solely for the mess we are in?

Well you just blamed him for spending all the money an that's why Sven couldn't sign a winger. Clearly a ridiculous thing to say when we signed Beckford minutes before the deadline. Needless and massively incorrect blame shifting.

I think every bastard in the league saw the stupid money we were throwing out the window and added zeros to price tags. Winger are not as easy to find. Good wingers that is are not easy to find, and we would have been rinsed.

He many players did we sign in total under Sven... He wasn't exactly struggling to get people in.

read the statement again. I said there are those who say he didn't try to address the width problem.

If anything that's worse. If he's tried to find players who fit his preferred formation and has failed to with the biggest budget in the league, then that is terrible.

Well you just blamed him for spending all the money an that's why Sven couldn't sign a winger. Clearly a ridiculous thing to say when we signed Beckford minutes before the deadline. Needless and massively incorrect blame shifting.

no I didn't. the difference is I used speculative probability  it wasn't a factual statement. I don't work at LCFC, so why would say it was a fact. Perhaps I should have used a question mark at the end of that sentence to show you specifically that I was a fact. I don't know that there was no money left as it was spanked on Mills. so a a decent winger was then off the cards. It was a suggestion, not a fact.

The point I was making is there are those who are happy to say for a FACT Sven didn't try to get a winger in. Yet have no facts to back this up.

no I didn't. the difference is I used speculative probability  it wasn't a factual statement. I don't work at LCFC, so why would say it was a fact. Perhaps I should have used a question mark at the end of that sentence to show you specifically that I was a fact. I don't know that there was no money left as it was spanked on Mills. so a a decent winger was then off the cards. It was a suggestion, not a fact.

But you did use the word fact, twice, hence the confusion. Unless you were being sarcastic?

Either way the theory is a bit farfetched.

I think weighing everything up (and reading some of the bloody stuff on this thread) that's its a crying shame that, given all the money and infrastructure the club have lavished on sundry managers over recent times, we STILL have not got one who is obviously a cut above. Someone who could turn the potential into success, not relative success but REAL success.

Sousa and Sven were a joke IMO. Pearson, I'm afraid, is also proving to not quite have what it takes to get such success.

It's a bit of a travesty really and what now? 11 years and counting?

THAT'S where the real shame lies IMO.

no I didn't. the difference is I used speculative probability  it wasn't a factual statement. I don't work at LCFC, so why would say it was a fact. Perhaps I should have used a question mark at the end of that sentence to show you specifically that I was a fact. I don't know that there was no money left as it was spanked on Mills. so a a decent winger was then off the cards. It was a suggestion

But you are speculating the blame is Neville's, when clearly the point speculative or not is just simply wrong as we signed Beckford minutes before the deadline and Pearson spent money in January.

Anyway feck this for a game of soldiers, I'm off for a walk in Central Park. ;)

But you are speculating the blame is Neville's, when clearly the point speculative or not is just simply wrong as we signed Beckford minutes before the deadline and Pearson spent money in January.

Who fooking knows, the owners could dug deep into that extra bit of wonga that have in a suitcase for the rainy day January sales. It doesn't make my speculative point invalid. 

Anyways this discussion isn't going to change the mind of any of the Sven-haters anyways. enjoy your walk.

I think weighing everything up (and reading some of the bloody stuff on this thread) that's its a crying shame that, given all the money and infrastructure the club have lavished on sundry managers over recent times, we STILL have not got one who is obviously a cut above. Someone who could turn the potential into success, not relative success but REAL success.

Sousa and Sven were a joke IMO. Pearson, I'm afraid, is also proving to not quite have what it takes to get such success.

It's a bit of a travesty really and what now? 11 years and counting?

THAT'S where the real shame lies IMO.

These things take time Col. I know it's hard when we really are ripped off over here, but we've got this horrible mentality in this country that we have to have everything instantly. I know it's very frustrating but when we are limited in what we can spend - is it really worth more short-term gambles?

If this was 2010 then fair enough but I think a lot fail to appreciate that Pearson doesn't have it that easy. He has spent (and wasted some) money but he's not done nearly as bad as some think.

Sven didn't negotiate the transfer fees and wages - he'd have been asked for a list of targets which he'd have provided to whoever at the club (Andrew Neville?) was responsible for that sort of thing at the time.

As I said, I find it hard to believe any manager with self-respect or desire for the job would let someone like Andrew Neville assemble their squad for them. Or that Sven's list was so much better than the list of players we actually signed.

Are we saying Michael Ball was his seventh, eighth choice left back? That he had about 4 or 5 wingers in mind but we got none? Was Michael Johnson on his list or not? Did he always intend on playing Vassell out wide?

You make it sound as if he was working with what he was given and was forced to make these terrible decisions.

Archived