Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

The truth about Sven

Coco the clown I loved, but Pearson the clown I just don't rate.A disaster on two legs.  :yesyes: 

Ah ok I get it.

But seriously as a name for a baby girl. It isn't just me that thinks it's terrible, surely?

Coco the clown I loved, but Pearson the clown I just don't rate.A disaster on two legs.  :yesyes: 

I just never get how you always come up with this conclusion. He's the best manager we've had since Adams... I think some other managers at this level would like to be a 'clown' if it means winning League One and then finishing in the Championship play offs on two occasions. 

I just never get how you always come up with this conclusion. He's the best manager we've had since Adams... I think some other managers at this level would like to be a 'clown' if it means winning League One and then finishing in the Championship play offs on two occasions. 

He's the only manager ever to have the opportunity of winning league one with Leicester City. 

Last season he managed to scrape us in to the play offs with the biggest playing budget in the division having fallen out with most of his squad. Nice work.

If this is good enough for you and you are satisfied with this level of performance, I'd love to one day work for you. Presumably I'd get regular bonuses just for turning up.

Pearson is a busted flush, a spent force, out of ideas and outstaying his welcome. If the club could afford to sack him, he'd be gone. If at any point last season it was mathematically impossible we'd make the play offs, he'd be gone. In short, circumstance has conspired in his favour.

If I were you, I'd check back on LCFC in about 2017 when he and all the players he has signed have gone.

You have very low expectations as previously stated, we are not Northampton Town !!!!

He's the only manager ever to have the opportunity of winning league one with Leicester City. 

Last season he managed to scrape us in to the play offs with the biggest playing budget in the division having fallen out with most of his squad. Nice work.

If this is good enough for you and you are satisfied with this level of performance, I'd love to one day work for you. Presumably I'd get regular bonuses just for turning up.

Pearson is a busted flush, a spent force, out of ideas and outstaying his welcome. If the club could afford to sack him, he'd be gone. If at any point last season it was mathematically impossible we'd make the play offs, he'd be gone. In short, circumstance has conspired in his favour.

If I were you, I'd check back on LCFC in about 2017 when he and all the players he has signed have gone.

I know he's the only manager who had the opportunity to win League One. Guess what, he did a fantastic job. How many big clubs have been relegated to League One and failed to win promotion at the first attempt (let alone win the league)? Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Nottingham Forest, Coventry, Leeds, Southampton etc.

Did he have the biggest budget in the season? Where's the evidence behind that? We certainly didn't spend as much as other clubs - Hull, Cardiff, and even Nottingham Forest all spent more than us so lets not start all this 'he spent more than the other 23 managers'. Who did he fall out with as well? I don't think he fell out with Beckford, I just think Beckford wanted first team football, and rightly so. As far as I'm aware, he only fell out with Wellens and St Ledger. Not exactly most of the squad, is it?

I said prior to the season starting (this time last year), I would have taken a play off place whether that would be 3rd or 6th. Thanks to Nigel Pearson and his squad, we moved upto 1st and then 2nd in the table, your expectations might have changed, but mine didn't. I know how tough this league is, and I said all along, I'd still be happy with a play off place (you can go back to this time last year on here and check all that if you want too)... If you want to come and work for me then you can, but don't moan if we're not making as much as Apple and Virgin.

Don't tell me to come back and support my own club in four years just because I have a different opinion to you. Even though I'm not sure what point you're trying to make because a manager isn't usually at a club for four or five years these days (apart from Wenger at the highest level) and most of the players move on. It's part of football... Since our promotion from League One, we've had to two chances of nearly making the play off final; go and see how many chances the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds have had? None. I think some of our fans need a reality check.

I can't be bothered to argue with you. If you're not willing to concede we had the biggest budget last season then you clearly cannot see the woods for the trees. Your demand for proof of this clearly cannot be satisfied - but that it just obfuscation on your part, it does not make my point any less valid. 

Like I said, if you are genuinely happy with his tenure in charge then you are extremely easily pleased. I'm just relieved that its very unlikely the Thais have readdressed their ambition in line with your quite frankly pathetic level of expectation.

I hope you set higher standards for yourself than you do for your football team.

You have very low expectations as previously stated, we are not Northampton Town !!!!

This is the problem. (And you're being direspectful to another football club).

Where should we finish then? 1st because 'we are Leicester City'?... Football doesn't work like that. We've got other big clubs in our division that have played in the European Cup before, doesn't mean they have a right to be in the top flight.

I'm a Leicester City fan just as much as you are, of course I'd love to see us playing at Anfield and Old Trafford but it's not like that (as the last 10 years have highlighted). I'm a STH and my expecatations last season were to finish in the play offs and we did that. It's just, due to the fact of our manager and his squad, we were in the automatic places and didn't go up. That is the bitter pill we all have to swallow.

I can't be bothered to argue with you. If you're not willing to concede we had the biggest budget last season then you clearly cannot see the woods for the trees. Your demand for proof of this clearly cannot be satisfied - but that it just obfuscation on your part, it does not make my point any less valid. 

Like I said, if you are genuinely happy with his tenure in charge then you are extremely easily pleased. I'm just relieved that its very unlikely the Thais have readdressed their ambition in line with your quite frankly pathetic level of expectation.

I hope you set higher standards for yourself than you do for your football team.

I do not think we had the biggest budget, and that doesn't make my point any less valid either. Why do I think this? Look around; Blackburn Rovers spent £8million on one player, for example. And Cardiff spent £10million.

... I'll let you in on a secret. I'm 21 (yeah, I know!) and I've had a ST for 10 years now. Sadly, I missed out on Martin O'Neill's years as manager. I supported the club, yes, but I didn't attend as many games, and I can't really remember. My first season ticket was in 2002/03 when we won promotion. Since then, I've been a STH for 10 years and seen literally nothing/sh*t football. So, making the play offs in the second tier does make me genuinely happy, yes. Because I've never really seen this football club successfull/when I can argue on our behalf against other fans and friends. Nigel Pearson totally restored our pride, because I've never felt further away as a fan when we were relegated (I was at Stoke that day).

You don't know me, but I'll also tell you now that my standards are high. Believe me, they have to be.

You've heard it all. Read my post again Babs. It was speculative. Nobody knows the facts. Yet they'll make the full fact statements that Sven didn't try to sign wingers, and didn't address the width issue. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

He had a winger Lloyd Dyer. Only time he ever played him was on THE RIGHT! Idiot. He didn't want to play with wingers.

Believe me - your standards are not high. If Nigel Pearson and his management style/level of ability is good enough for you, then you and many others like you are holding us back.

lol

Believe me - your standards are not high. If Nigel Pearson and his management style/level of ability is good enough for you, then you and many others like you are holding us back.

Are you even reading what I'm posting? It's not a case of them being high or low. What are your standards then? Do you think we should win the league every year then? If only we reappointed MON and resigned Lennon and Izzet, I'm sure everything would be ok :rolleyes:

And Now I'm holding the club back? lol Get a grip, I'm a fan, not the owner.

Get a grip, I'm a fan, not the owner.

Fan power. If everyone stopped buying tickets and merchandise and made it very clear they wanted NP out, NP would be gone whatever the cost.

Don't just lap up whatever is put in front of you. You're 21 now and old enough to start thinking for yourself. The club's marketing and PR which seems to inform much of your current opinion is just that - self serving for the club.

I do read what you are posting and you seem to be an articulate young man, its just such a shame you've bought in to this NP being a good manager guff. 

I'm not sure why you think I'd advocate re-signing Lennon and Izzet. I'll put that down to just being a lazy and ill thought out ad hominem argument. 

Is finishing in the play-offs for the second time one of those circumstances? What about building a better team than the previous manager had with a smaller budget? Having us challenging for the top 2 for the majority of the season? Are these just circumstances as well?

What makes you say he's fallen out with the squad? Any actual evidence for this? Or has he merely fell out with like 2 players since he's been back and shipped the others off because they're not good enough to start and don't have the desire to be on the bench and fight for their place?

Do you actually have any arguments based on facts? How many different accounts have you had on here? Why do you disappear whenever we win a game or when we got on 6 match winning runs? Do you think you'd be banned so often if you weren't a complete willy puller?

These are the real questions that need answering.

If the club could afford to sack him, he'd be gone. If at any point last season it was mathematically impossible we'd make the play offs, he'd be gone. In short, circumstance has conspired in his favour.

Missed this, that's brilliant as well. :crylaugh:

You make it sound like Nigel Pearson had nothing to do with the fact that a play-off finish WAS mathematically possible all season and that we got in to the top six. IF there was a clause that allowed the owners to sack the manager on the cheap if at any point it was mathematically impossible for us to make the play-offs, then surely that means that the owners expected a top six finish. Which would suggest that by finishing 6th in the League, Nigel Pearson achieved exactly what was expected of him. So I assume 'circumstance has conspired in his favour' should read, 'Nigel Pearson still has a job at Leicester City because he got us in to the top 6 fair and square'?

That must surely be a banning offence?

Certainly more of a banning offence than daring to think for oneself?

If you think so much why are your arguments so weak and backed up with so few facts?

Maybe your just too clever to debate like a rational human being.

He had a winger Lloyd Dyer. Only time he ever played him was on THE RIGHT! Idiot. He didn't want to play with wingers.

Yeah, that's right, you only need one winger. I'm the fooking idiot?

EDIT: and without looking at the opposition, perhaps he felt that Dyer, who on occasion does play on the RIGHT for Pearson during a match, played that position as there was a weakness in the opposition LB's pace.

But of course, he probably did it for a laugh.

Fan power. If everyone stopped buying tickets and merchandise and made it very clear they wanted NP out, NP would be gone whatever the cost.

Don't just lap up whatever is put in front of you. You're 21 now and old enough to start thinking for yourself. The club's marketing and PR which seems to inform much of your current opinion is just that - self serving for the club.

I do read what you are posting and you seem to be an articulate young man, its just such a shame you've bought in to this NP being a good manager guff. 

I'm not sure why you think I'd advocate re-signing Lennon and Izzet. I'll put that down to just being a lazy and ill thought out ad hominem argument. 

Well, yeah, that part about fan power is obvious and can be used in any walk of life. However, Chelsea fans constantly sing for Di Matteo, and what did that achieve? Benitez's appointment didn't stop them from attending games or buying merchandise did it? Don't think it always work. Football is a business now, owners don't do things to please the fans.

With the bit I've highlighted, I don't understand what you mean. You don't even know me... The clubs marketing obviously works because people like me and you buy tickets to watch the team.

However, I've not been brought down to believe NP is a good manager stuff. I know he is a good manager. You've just referred too thinking for myself, well I have done in this situation and I personally believe he is a decent Championship manager, good enough for my football club. I have come to this conclusion in recent years - we've never finished below 9th under NP! However, you don't have to have the same opinon as me, in which, you don't. Thats good, thats football.

Yes that was a lazy argument the last part. I just said that to annoy you, actually.

No wonder 14,000 have bought STs... still none of you see!

I might set up a stand outside the KP selling lucky horseshoes or reading palms or basically anything to separate fools and their money!

Haven't you just backed up my argument with that stat? We've sold more ST's than we did do this time last season.

So that's 14,000 v 1 is it?

If you think so much why are your arguments so weak and backed up with so few facts?

Maybe your just too clever to debate like a rational human being.

My arguments are backed up with facts. Our league finish was not good enough. NP oversaw that with a very large playing budget. These are facts. Dispute them if you like. Ignore them if you like.

Perhaps I'm clever enough to know the difference between 'your' and 'you're' and perhaps I'm a bit above arguing with those who don't understand the difference between the two?

Archived