Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

The truth about Sven

I couldn't be bothered but going then i'll make an effort......

a)  All the players should be fit, if not injured, Pearson's fault if he as unfit players surely !

b) Mentally strong enough, its a game of football they're not climbing mount Everest ffs.

c) What is his style of play ?  a lot of the time Einsteins theory of stupidity applies

d) Who as quarrels with he manager, its not the infant school, or is it ?

Get used to the fact that he will get the sack, hopefully sooner than later, he is useless as a manager, its not a hard job and he makes a mess of it. Not bothered about fans who make excuses for him, they are for some reason blinded, gods knows why !

I'm not making excuses for him, Pearson has to deliver himself. And he has delivered in the past. Maybe not mounting up to the "God" status you apply to every manager that is here (or, at least, when it comes to Pearson), but he's led us to two playoff appearances, and both times, we were close to making it to the final. That's not nothing, that's more than something. If you expect a manager to work miracles (given our restrictions and circumstances), your standards are way too high up or people can only fail in your special world.

Take your hatred towards the man elsewhere, you won't find a lot of mates on here who share your negative attitude.

Plus, your argumentation is very limited and you fail to look at the bigger picture. Pearson here, Pearson there... for a man who loves football you surely have a lot of bad feelings towards one man only. That's egocentric. Failure in football (whatever failure means in the context of the last few seasons) involves a lot more components than just the manager. As important as he may be (or as important as you're trying to make him out), there's the squad, the management team, other club officials, the owners, the media... and the fans. All of those elements can make a difference. For the better or the worse.

I'm not making excuses for him, Pearson has to deliver himself. And he has delivered in the past. Maybe not mounting up to the "God" status you apply to every manager that is here (or, at least, when it comes to Pearson). Take your hatred towards the man elsewhere, you won't find a lot of mates on here who share your negative attitude.

Plus, your argumentation is very limited and you fail to look at the bigger picture. Pearson here, Pearson there... for a man who loves football you surely have a lot of bad feelings towards one man only. That's egocentric. Failure in football (whatever failure means in the context of the last few seasons) involves a lot more components than just the manager. As important as he maybe (or as important as you're trying to make him out), there's the squad, the management team, other club officials, the owners, the media... and the fans. All of those elements can make a difference. For the better or the worse.

The manager pulls the strings, its him and him alone who's job it is to get the team to win games, and the only thing that is important is winning games. l don't care about the mans personality l care about his ability, actually his lack of ability is more apt.

I've got to enlighten you on yours and plenty of others believes regarding Pearson saving two clubs from relegation,

he didn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlisle- he was the manager for 30 games, he managed to win 5 of them games, i'm sure you will agree that that is not saving them from relegation, they didn't go down, but he almost managed to get them relegated. The thing that saved them, just, was the points before he took over.

Southampton- he won 3 games out of 14, that also can't be classed as saving them, us losing to them, when we should have at least got a draw as more to do with it.

The truth is that he was the manager of these two clubs when they both narrowly missed getting relegated, people twist facts to make a case for him, but l have no idea why !

Ask Southampton fans. They love him.

I've got to enlighten you on yours and plenty of others believes regarding Pearson saving two clubs from relegation,

he didn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlisle- he was the manager for 30 games, he managed to win 5 of them games, i'm sure you will agree that that is not saving them from relegation, they didn't go down, but he almost managed to get them relegated. The thing that saved them, just, was the points before he took over.

Southampton- he won 3 games out of 14, that also can't be classed as saving them, us losing to them, when we should have at least got a draw as more to do with it.

The truth is that he was the manager of these two clubs when they both narrowly missed getting relegated, people twist facts to make a case for him, but l have no idea why !

lol At least you're consistent, he didn't keep them up he just stopped them from being relegated.  Why don't you just admit you hate him and whatever he does won't be good enough for you.

lol At least you're consistent, he didn't keep them up he just stopped them from being relegated.  Why don't you just admit you hate him and whatever he does won't be good enough for yo

How can you give him credit for winning 5 games out of 30 ????  do you understand football ? its a game and the aim of the game is to win, un****ingbelievable

Who says we're underperforming? Just a minority of fans with the "we'll never do well" attitude, you included.

We're not failing. I'd like to see you turn this ship around with all the deadwood and financial heavyweights and debts included. It's not an easy task and certainly not one that you can complete in the space of a few months only. I'd like you to "make a difference" and see where you go from there...

We have a manager who is more than just decent. If you have an issue with the person Nigel Pearson, then you better deal with it yourself. He's still the better option with a better track record and winning percentage than many of the predecessors as well as the alternatives on the market.

You do not stamp your authority on the club in one season only - you need more time than that. Remember how many years it took Ferguson to achieve anything with Manchester United? Four years for the first cup win, six years until the first league title!

Well it's nice to hear you say that Sven should have been given more time. That way we wouldn't have ended up with Mr." Clueless" in charge 

Missed this, that's brilliant as well. :crylaugh:

You make it sound like Nigel Pearson had nothing to do with the fact that a play-off finish WAS mathematically possible all season and that we got in to the top six. IF there was a clause that allowed the owners to sack the manager on the cheap if at any point it was mathematically impossible for us to make the play-offs, then surely that means that the owners expected a top six finish. Which would suggest that by finishing 6th in the League, Nigel Pearson achieved exactly what was expected of him. So I assume 'circumstance has conspired in his favour' should read, 'Nigel Pearson still has a job at Leicester City because he got us in to the top 6 fair and square'?

Oh dear,  Mark, you really have very low standards, do you not?  :yesyes:  :yesyes: 

Oh dear,  Mark, you really have very low standards, do you not?  :yesyes:  :yesyes: 

I'd say that you have ridiculously high standards, but as you're defending Sven in this thread, I reckon you just have an irrational hatred of the best manager we've had for 9 years. :yesyes:

How can you give him credit for winning 5 games out of 30 ????  do you understand football ? its a game and the aim of the game is to win, un****ingbelievable

It is a game and sometimes you win, sometimes you draw and sometimes you lose. Un****ingbelievable.

In truth if Sven had been shown half the patients Pearson has had,we probably wouldn't be in this trouble,but no one can say either way.

It just doesn't make sense to me that he wasn't given the season, a manager that had proven success, and raises the profile of the club, but then they give a manager that has won nothing other than a league one title with an inherited championship team, far to long at the helm.

I think it's clear the owners do not understand the ins and outs of the game, and hopefully now the have woken up and employed football people we might get somewhere.

In truth if Sven had been shown half the patients Pearson has had,we probably wouldn't be in this trouble,but no one can say either way.

It just doesn't make sense to me that he wasn't given the season, a manager that had proven success, and raises the profile of the club, but then they give a manager that has won nothing other than a league one title with an inherited championship team, far to long at the helm.

I think it's clear the owners do not understand the ins and outs of the game, and hopefully now the have woken up and employed football people we might get somewhere.

Christ. Someone who can think for themselves. Hallelujah.

I warn you now, you will not be popular.

Christ. Someone who can think for themselves. Hallelujah.

I warn you now, you will not be popular.

Why do you think that the only people that can think for themselves are people who agree with everything you say?

Who says "it's a minority of fans" ? 

"turn the ship around" its him who as steered it the wrong way in the first place !

"he's more than a decent manager"  just picking myself up off the floor from laughing so much, your kidding, yes ?

"he's a better option than many of his predecessors" and they where sacked for less than this idiot.

Comparing Coco with Fergy, ha ha ha ha ha ha, you are funny :D

Clearly on a wind up or has significant memory loss

Don't worry. The three dissenting voices will likely all be banned and you sheep can all get back to agreeing with each other. Just pretend everything is rosy. Fantastic.

You'd never forgive us if we didn't point out the errors in your arguments :thumbup:

Why do you think that the only people that can think for themselves are people who agree with everything you say?

Classic narcissism?

"turn the ship around" its him who as steered it the wrong way in the first place !

"he's more than a decent manager"  just picking myself up off the floor from laughing so much, your kidding, yes ?

"he's a better option than many of his predecessors" and they where sacked for less than this idiot.

That's probably because he's done more than those non-idiots. If they had shown any competence in getting us out of the bottom half, let alone into a promotion race, they might not have been sacked.

Simple really.

Don't worry. The three dissenting voices will likely all be banned and you sheep can all get back to agreeing with each other. Just pretend everything is rosy. Fantastic.

If only we were... Classic case of competent ignorance on your behalf.  :thumbup:

a) Because it is. Your voice of dissent is one of few, most fans have accepted the fact that in order to build a solid team, you need a manager sticking around for more than just one or two seasons.

b) Yeah, sure. It was Pearson who got us into this mess we find ourselves in. Any other extremely non-logical assumptions?

c) Pearson is more than decent. His track record speaks for himself. Compare that to the majority of other (Championship) managers and you'll see. But of course, don't let stats interfere with your personal vendetta against Pearson.

d) So you agree that he actually is a better option than many of his predecessors, right. Few to none of the previous managers in the past ten years have a similar record for show.

Well, at least I'm funny. You're just tedious.  :thumbup:

a) Because it is. Your voice of dissent is one of few, most fans have accepted the fact that in order to build a solid team, you need a manager sticking around for more than just one or two seasons.

b) Yeah, sure. It was Pearson who got us into this mess we find ourselves in. Any other extremely non-logical assumptions?

c) Pearson is more than decent. His track record speaks for himself. Compare that to the majority of other (Championship) managers and you'll see. But of course, don't let stats interfere with your personal vendetta against Pearson.

d) So you agree that he actually is a better option than many of his predecessors, right. Few to none of the previous managers in the past ten years have a similar record for show.

Well, at least I'm funny. You're just tedious.  :thumbup:

Well in terms of a) many appear to confuse correlation with causality.

I'd say that you have ridiculously high standards, but as you're defending Sven in this thread, I reckon you just have an irrational hatred of the best manager we've had for 9 years. :yesyes:

Very rational indeed, Mark. Is that what you find so irritating? Face it, sunshine, your man is a flop, and has not done the job he was brought in to do.  :nono:  :nono: 

i think both sides of the argument are as bad,the amount on this forum who get on there high horse if anyone dare give Pearson any criticism is in unbelievable.

I am no sheep, and personally don't care what anybodies opinions are, because that's what they are opinions, we all have a right to them.

But in my opinion there is alot on here who need to take there Pearson tinted glasses off for a few minutes, and accept the criticism he deserves, he isn't the best manager in the world, and his arrogants outways his abilities, I think he's average at best, and don't think he's the right person to take us forward, the man has had time and money and has been found wanting.

But I can see why some still hold hope that he is the man to take us forward, at times we looked and played very well, but the man cannot find consistency, and nobody can argue that he hasn't had the time.

And then people will argue he's got a young squad, when the remit is promotion, he should have got the balance right.

I just think all fans have there favourites, and they are not all the same, but this forum is becoming a pile of shit as nobody is respecting other views and it decends into" I'm a better fan than you because", or childish name calling.

And I think it's gonna get worse until either we are promoted or Pearson is sacked.

I am no sheep, and personally don't care what anybodies opinions are, because that's what they are opinions, we all have a right to them.

You've misunderstood me - I didn't call you a sheep and don't think you are one. I agree with what you've posted re: Pearson.

The sheep are the holier-than-thou, 'better fans because we support the manager' hardcore Pearson apologists who see any dissenting voice or questioning of his performance as an attack on the very fabric of 'their' club.

It shows how narrow minded you are that you believe all those who disagree with you have been brainwashed.

To think someone might oppose your views? Surely they must be out of their mind!

Not at all, I just choose to exercise and use my mind, whilst others are evidently happy to accept what they should think in the pursuit of being a good 'supporter'.

You make your choice... and you've evidently made yours. But remember, you're just £££ signs to the club.

Archived