Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
allen10

Terry Robinson Officially Appointed Director of Football

Guest MattP

Instinct says bad, these things rarely seem to work and often cause conflict between the said person and the manager.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/050713-lcfc-announces-new-appointment-896798.aspx

Leicester City Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Terry Robinson as the Club’s new Director of Football.

Terry joins the Club from Stoke City, where he held the position of Director of Youth Development for two years. He has also served as Chairman at both Bury and Sheffield United.

As Director of Football, Terry’s remit will be to provide strategic input to the Club’s football operations at all levels, driving the consistent implementation of the Club’s football philosophy.

Susan Whelan, Leicester City’s Chief Executive Officer, said: “The appointment of Terry Robinson will add another dimension to the Club and to our football operations.

"The appointment of Terry will complement the wealth of football experience already in place in our First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson; Academy Director, Jon Rudkin and Football Operations Director, Andrew Neville, whose roles all remain unchanged.

"I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Terry to Leicester City and wish him great success in his new role.â€

Andrew Neville is a Football Operations Director? 

His job is to sign the players Pearson wants and get rid of the players Pearson doesn't want. Contract negotiations, Transfer fees and so on. He has no input with the squad decisions etc.

Correct. All because Neville is out of his depth.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/050713-lcfc-announces-new-appointment-896798.aspx

Leicester City Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Terry Robinson as the Club’s new Director of Football.

Terry joins the Club from Stoke City, where he held the position of Director of Youth Development for two years. He has also served as Chairman at both Bury and Sheffield United.

As Director of Football, Terry’s remit will be to provide strategic input to the Club’s football operations at all levels, driving the consistent implementation of the Club’s football philosophy.

Susan Whelan, Leicester City’s Chief Executive Officer, said: “The appointment of Terry Robinson will add another dimension to the Club and to our football operations.

"The appointment of Terry will complement the wealth of football experience already in place in our First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson; Academy Director, Jon Rudkin and Football Operations Director, Andrew Neville, whose roles all remain unchanged.

"I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Terry to Leicester City and wish him great success in his new role.â€

Andrew Neville is a Football Operations Director? 

Andrew Neville is an incredibly good arse kisser. How he's stayed at the club for so long is beyond me.

His previous job role was Football Director. Strangely similar to Director of Football Terry Robinson...

Conflict of Interest is you ask me they should just get rid of Neville seeing as he isn't up to the job.

Guest MattP

You do have to wonder don't you?

Considering when he took the job we were 5th in the league and were solvent and now we are 1 place lower in the league and about 100million in debt he or anyone else on in the heirachy should be looking at their shoes.

I'm not surprised though you only have to ring the ticket office or look at the website to see what an absolute bunch of clowns run the place.

Guest MattP

Director of Youth Development to Director of Football seems a bit of a strange move as well.

Guest MattP

Yet people still want to blame Sven for paying top £ for mediocrity. When he had nothing to do with it.

We don't know either way.

For all we now Nev could be on the phone saying I've got you Matt Mills but it will be 5million out of your budget and Sven said yes.

They are all culpable in some way shape or form.

When Wellens, Gallacher etc went and asked for new deals they would have asked Sven not Neville, he should have had foresight to say no to them but he gave the ok and then Neville worked his magic.

We don't know either way.

For all we now Nev could be on the phone saying I've got you Matt Mills but it will be 5million out of your budget and Sven said yes.

They are all culpable in some way shape or form.

When Wellens, Gallacher etc went and asked for new deals they would have asked Sven not Neville, he should have had foresight to say no to them but he gave the ok and then Neville worked his magic.

Gallagher on less money would be staying, the main reason the club want rid is because of how much he is on. Sven took no part in contract discussions so who are you gonna blame for how long Richie Wellens was given on a contract extension? You are completely missing my point Sven didn't discuss fees with any other clubs, he's not the one who agreed the fee for Matt Mills. He said he wanted Matt Mills and the club did it. He can be blamed for signing Mills but he didn't go round offering big money, that wasn't his job.

Guest MattP

Gallagher on less money would be staying, the main reason the club want rid is because of how much he is on. Sven took no part in contract discussions so who are you gonna blame for how long Richie Wellens was given on a contract extension? 

You know that as an absolute fact do you? I really doubt that, I remember one of them saying 'We sat down with the gaffer and spoke about about a new contract' on Radio Leicester, doesn't sound like a man to me taking part no part whatsoever in discussions.

Of course the manager is asked on valuations of players and salaries, it's an absurd suggestion to think that they aren't in any way shape or form.

Do you really think Andrew Neville wrote the length of contract out for one of the squad without discussing it with the manager who he plays for? Come on.

Archived