Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

I started as Hamburg.

Finished 3rd first season. Finished 5th second season, lost out on CL on goal difference. Bad start in the 3rd after 5 games but hoping to turn it around.

Calhanoglu is unreal. Sold Adler for £20m. Will post a bit more detail later on. You get barely any transfer money because of the high wage bill to begin with, I had to get rid of Van der Vaart..

Bit better than me then who lasted a monumental nine games before being given the boot. A mix of errors from me, a horrible fixture list that dealt us most of the big boys early on, a deluded board and a squad full of players with dodgy attitudes lead to that. I hate players like Van Der Vaart on this game. Absolutely blatant quality so gets paid a silly amount as a result, yet just doesn't perform no matter how I use him.

Started as Lyon. We're very inconsistent.

Managed to win a second league and cup double in a row with First Vienna (3rd season); now just finishing the winter break in my fourth season. Crashed out of the Austrian FA cup on penalties to Mattersburg but lead Sturm Graz by six points with half the season gone and a squad average age of 19.

Got out of my Champions League group including Yanited, CSKA Moscow and Benfica, too - comfortably in the end. Drew Marseille in the first knock out round, could've been much tougher so there's faint hope. There are no Austrians in my first eleven, nor my squad, and my max gate for European games is limited to 2,000 because of the 5,500 seats less than half is seated, expansion should sort that mind.

Monchengladbach approached me just before Crimbo with themselves second in the Bundesliga table and I was tempted but I want to commit to the long term project I've got at Vienna. ITS REAL LIFE TO ME.

Scraped past Marseille and I've just beaten Bayern on away goals to get myself into the CL semis. I only ever do year by year contracts on this and now the board feel my "performance thus far doesn't warrant an extension." I'm gonna go west if they don't let me extend after this season's exploits x

Ridiculous. Form and morale go hand in hand. Just cannot win, yet again. This happens once every season. No matter what I do, what I change or who I play every team turns up and beats me. Regret signing certain players for the next transfer window, because I fancy resigning at this rate.

Scraped past Marseille and I've just beaten Bayern on away goals to get myself into the CL semis. I only ever do year by year contracts on this and now the board feel my "performance thus far doesn't warrant an extension." I'm gonna go west if they don't let me extend after this season's exploits x

Drew Lyon in the semi and won the first leg 2-1 at home, dicked the league at a canter and have a few young Israelis, Hungarians and Danes coming in to replace outgoings. Gonna have two 17 year olds at centre half next season.

Got the contract extension, I hope you're all pleased for me.

Ridiculous. Form and morale go hand in hand. Just cannot win, yet again. This happens once every season. No matter what I do, what I change or who I play every team turns up and beats me. Regret signing certain players for the next transfer window, because I fancy resigning at this rate.

Got offered the Liverpool job. Took it. In January. They are bottom of the league lol  

Expectations to "avoid relegation" but the job is way bigger. Wages are ridiculous and are impacting who I can bring in (nobody). The goalkeeper is shit, literally League One standard, but I can't afford to bring another one in so I'm stuck with him and conceding shit goals.

Drew Lyon in the semi and won the first leg 2-1 at home, dicked the league at a canter and have a few young Israelis, Hungarians and Danes coming in to replace outgoings. Gonna have two 17 year olds at centre half next season.

Got the contract extension, I hope you're all pleased for me.

Lost the second leg AET, still chuffed with a CL semi on an annual wage budget of £1.5 milly. The ground is being expanded to a 6,800 capacity so watch out Europe.

Got the Leeds job in the end, but for some reason I can't offer for than £6,750 a week despite my wage budget being massive. Is there any way to change that? I've adjusted my budgets to allow more than enough.

Is it the player's squad status?

Got the Leeds job in the end, but for some reason I can't offer for than £6,750 a week despite my wage budget being massive. Is there any way to change that? I've adjusted my budgets to allow more than enough.

Do your current wages total over the budget? I've just took the Liverpool job, and because the previous manager wanting to pay stupid wages, my wage budget is £1,200,000 but the total is £1,500,000 so I can only offer £4000 as a 'key player'.

Do your current wages total over the budget? I've just took the Liverpool job, and because the previous manager wanting to pay stupid wages, my wage budget is £1,200,000 but the total is £1,500,000 so I can only offer £4000 as a 'key player'.

Nope, I thought the same but I have like £20,000 spare!

You know when there's an 18 year old who is far too good for his age, that you're on the brink of signing, but you have a DoF who does your transfer deals for young players and offers them far less than they should be on (according to the game), it happens twice and when you finally take charge of it yourself, he doesn't want to talk to you - how long is it before he loses his attitude and wants to talk to you again should you have an offer accepted?

Because my DoF's utter incompetence is about to prevent me signing Dorin Rotariu.

Archived