Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

I'm going to guess that you've just finished season one.

Try Sergio Roberto should be out of contract with Barca and they don't normally renew it. Brilliant if you can get him!

Try to get Jonas Olsson, He was brilliant on my Leicester save. Him and Moore are great together.

Neither of them want to come to me :(

I have Luke Freeman as a trequartista on my Olimpija save and the kid is an absolute machine - however alot of that could be down to the fact the Slovenian top tier is absolute rhubarb.

Might he be even better as an attacking midfielder though?

Lost in the play-off semis to Brentford. Can't help but feel that was my chance. Struggling to see how we'll be anything other than midtable this season.

6th in Serie A with Perugia 14 games in.

Should be higher, dropped points so many times from comfortable positions (arguably should be top). Got Essien and Crisetig holding it down in midfield, with 2 Danish re-gens absolutely tearing it up alongside them (only 16 and 17). Defence is shambolic though, constantly leaking goals. 

Hoping to finish in the Top 10. Already an icon at the club - assume that's what back-to-back promotions do. Got Origi on loan from Lille who is absolutely banging them in, as well as Thorgan Hazard (who's agreed a permanent £1.9m deal).

Good fun. 

I went from taking Bradford to a 5th placed finish against all odds to being sacked in March of the next season, sat 19th, incapable of defending and with a squad quite frankly full of shit. I made a proper mess. Absolute joke how it all ended though - I needed 11 points from 5 games to keep my job, put together my best run of the season (3 wins in 4) before getting tonked 2-6 by Rotherham. It's unreal how often things like that happen on this version.

Started as Wigan. Painfully easy so far. Pissing the league, looking certain to go through in the Europa League and in the League Cup quarter finals should I beat a very mediocre Middlesbrough at home.

I went from taking Bradford to a 5th placed finish against all odds to being sacked in March of the next season, sat 19th, incapable of defending and with a squad quite frankly full of shit. I made a proper mess. Absolute joke how it all ended though - I needed 11 points from 5 games to keep my job, put together my best run of the season (3 wins in 4) before getting tonked 2-6 by Rotherham. It's unreal how often things like that happen on this version.

Started as Wigan. Painfully easy so far. Pissing the league, looking certain to go through in the Europa League and in the League Cup quarter finals should I beat a very mediocre Middlesbrough at home.

HOW ARE YOU STILL SO BAD?!?!

Even I'm alright now, looking at the fm forums for about 3 months has helped.

Anyway I offered Swansea £200k for an 18 year old keeper with the clause of £60 million if he ever played 10 international games and they declined.

He's probably just got enough potential as well

Started as Innverness.

Finished 2nd in my first season (3 points behind C*ltic) with Billy McKay netting 34 goals in the league.

Made a couple of million quid in transfer profit in the first season and around £6million in the summer window.

Qualified for the group stages of the Europa league dispatching Ventspils, some other no mark european team and FC Copenhagen, rewarded with a group of Liverpool, Zenit and Sofia.

Started as Innverness.

Finished 2nd in my first season (3 points behind C*ltic) with Billy McKay netting 34 goals in the league.

Made a couple of million quid in transfer profit in the first season and around £6million in the summer window.

Qualified for the group stages of the Europa league dispatching Ventspils, some other no mark european team and FC Copenhagen, rewarded with a group of Liverpool, Zenit and Sofia.

It's actually Rapid Wien in my group stage, not Sofia.

I beat them 4-1 at home, 0-0 away at Liverpool, won 2-1 away at Zenit and then I played Zenit at home, if I won, I'd be through with 2 games to spare (which would be a godsend considering how small my squad is)

Managed to smash them 4-0!!!

How the hell can I batter Genk home & away but can't beat Debrecen? lol

I've faltered a bit recently but still confident of winning the league. Don't fancy us to get past Frankfurt in the knockouts though.

I've somehow taken Wigan to the Europa League quarter finals, knocking out Frankfurt & AC Milan along the way. Only to go and draw Swansea lol

I must be heading for about 70 fixtures this season. It's ridiculous.

I'm two points behind second but with four games in hand. I play league leaders Blackburn on the final day. This is going to be right and I've got a horrible feeling fatigue will shine through.

its really annoying when I FINALLY find a decent striker he doesn't last me half a season, because bigger clubs always want them!

But on the UP I've nearly signed Peter Crouch on a free! as a player/U18 Assistant Manager.

Hopefully I can keep hold of this guy.

It's that dreaded time of year again where determining whether to start a new FM save takes longer than an actual FM save.

It is a dreaded time of year. I haven't been on FM since I last posted in here - August - two months ago. It's amazing how at times I can't get off it then the next month I don't want to go on it anymore... Always think it's because the new season gets underway in real life. Can't wait for the next one, as always, though. Always feel it's too late being released late October/November time.

Came 2nd with Wigan. Went into the last day three points ahead of Blackburn with a goal difference five better - what do we go and do on the last day? Lose 3-0 at Blackburn. Furious.

Came 13th in my first year up though with only a £10mil budget. Vergini, Borini (loan), El Arabi, Tom Ince, Costil and Lescott my main signings of note. Signed a 15 year old German forward who will be absolutely world class, who actually scored a first team goal due to injuries to other forwards, youngest scorer in the clubs history.

Given another £10mil again this season which I'm pissed off with. Signed De Silvestri, Lassoga, Simao (Mozambique) as well as a couple of younger players. Not expecting much. Can't really see myself taking Wigan very far if that's all I'm getting to spend every summer.

Might be the ultimate cvnt and take the Preston job if it ever becomes available. They're in the Championship but have just been bought out by a Korean tycoon. Makes me laugh how little tycoon clubs seem to achieve on the game. Birmingham used to spend about £15-20mil a season in the Championship and just couldn't get out of it lol

It is a dreaded time of year. I haven't been on FM since I last posted in here - August - two months ago. It's amazing how at times I can't get off it then the next month I don't want to go on it anymore... Always think it's because the new season gets underway in real life. Can't wait for the next one, as always, though. Always feel it's too late being released late October/November time.

I do agree but I do think FIFA won't help their sales.

FM is a better game than FIFA anyway in my opinion, certainly in terms of detail or realism. Saying that I think they're quite hard to compare.

• 2 weeks later...

Started at Cov with the 10 point deduction and absolutely no money or wages. After 9 games i'm up to 12th and unbeaten, teams really good going forward but can't defend but hoping to get straight up, it's been pretty easy so far but haven't played Wolves or Posh who are the best teams yet.

Archived