Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City Player ratings v Leamington ?

First half:
Logan - 7

Taft - 7.5

Morgan - 7.5

Sesay - 7

Schlupp - 8.5

Gallagher - 7.5

Danns - 8

Marshall - 7.5

De Laet - 7

Vardy - 8

Futacs/Blyth - neither did enough.

Second half:

Smith - 7

Cain - 8

Moore - 8

Whitbread - 7.5

Other academy lad, can't remember his name - 7.5

Knockaert - 7.5

James - 6.5

King - 8

Dyer - 7

Waghorn - 8.5

Wood - 7.5

Thought Cain was RB in the second half? Waggy played well and would be my choice ahead of Vardy, Futacs and even Schlupp. Impressed with Taft. All keepers played well, Taft and Morgan partnership looks good. The 3 youngsters who stood out were Taft, Cain and the coloured RB in the first half? Also interesting to see De Laet at RW

Thought Cain was RB in the second half? Waggy played well and would be my choice ahead of Vardy, Futacs and even Schlupp. Impressed with Taft. All keepers played well, Taft and Morgan partnership looks good. The 3 youngsters who stood out were Taft, Cain and the coloured RB in the first half? Also interesting to see De Laet at RW

Yeah Cain was RB second half, the lad at LB was ginger...

The coloured RB was Sesay.

I think De Laet was more of a wing-back to be honest, as was Schlupp on the left side.

Callum Elder played LB in the 2nd half he's an Australian lad from the academy. 1st half was definitely 3-5-2 and the 2nd half was 4-4-2. Personally felt Matty James should have played 1st half and Danns 2nd half, the teams would have been more balanced.

Coloured?

Callum Elder played LB in the 2nd half he's an Australian lad from the academy. 1st half was definitely 3-5-2 and the 2nd half was 4-4-2. Personally felt Matty James should have played 1st half and Danns 2nd half, the teams would have been more balanced.

I personally was quite disappointed in James' performance, seemed to be lacking fitness and wasn't really up to pace in my view. 

Not a great deal you can tell from the first pre season game obviously, but just a couple of points. Firstly, I was quite impressed with both full backs in the second half, a little out of place at times but very confident on the ball and willing to go forward with it rather than just knock it long. Still not at all convinced that Vardy or Futacs will ever make it at Championship level, but i'm more than willing to be proved completely wrong by that statement; very early days to say the least for this season, but they just don't seem to have the same sort of ability that Wood or Nugent posses. And finally, I was really encouraged to see a 5-3-2 formation in the first half, providing we can get another centre back to play alongside Morgan and St Ledger (should he stay), I really think that Schlupp and De Leat could cause problems next season.

Coloured?

In some ways it's a shame that people who are not racist, in a world where there are plenty of people who really are, get pulled up because they're not sure which term is most PC. I wouldn't use that word, but the NAACP would, and equally many South Africans would define themselves as 'coloured' rather than 'black' or 'mixed race'.

Living abroad you get used to foreign-speaking liberals - in lands where 'negrito' and 'moro' are commonly used - reacting with shock at the British speaking world's sensitivity to this matter. Try to find a better word - yes, but get offended by a well-meaning person making an easy error - that's over-the-top.

But what I'd really like to know is who it is we're actually talking about! I can't think who the guy in question could be.

In some ways it's a shame that people who are not racist, in a world where there are plenty of people who really are, get pulled up because they're not sure which term is most PC. I wouldn't use that word, but the NAACP would, and equally many South Africans would define themselves as 'coloured' rather than 'black' or 'mixed race'.

Living abroad you get used to foreign-speaking liberals - in lands where 'negrito' and 'moro' are commonly used - reacting with shock at the British speaking world's sensitivity to this matter. Try to find a better word - yes, but get offended by a well-meaning person making an easy error - that's over-the-top.

But what I'd really like to know is who it is we're actually talking about! I can't think who the guy in question could be.

Great post people need to loosen their racism belts I think. The lad was Alie Sesay.

Yeah Cain was RB second half, the lad at LB was ginger...

The coloured RB was Sesay.

I think De Laet was more of a wing-back to be honest, as was Schlupp on the left side.

my bad then but Sesay and Taft looked solid and I know its only 1 game but that's what it's asking.

I know we're all missing proper games, but there's literally no point in trying to look at individual player's performances tonight and trying to predict how they'll get on in real games. Friendlies are nothing more than glorified training sessions.

People are saying we need a new centre half alot. Just pointing out that I think Zak whitbread will feature a lot this season. Remember that he wasn't fit and didn't have a pre season last year, he is a very good player, don't understand why people are completely bypassing him.

I know we're all missing proper games, but there's literally no point in trying to look at individual player's performances tonight and trying to predict how they'll get on in real games. Friendlies are nothing more than glorified training sessions.

And training sessions determine our run up to matches don't they?

Interesting that NP adopted a 3-5-2 formation, could be effective as Hull showed last season although they didn't score many goals, however we have more striking goal threat, so could play dividends.

what colour was he? also, coloured in comparison to what? peach skin, implying that peach skin is 'normal' and anything else is 'coloured' ? :)

Alie Sesay is a blue, is a blue, is a blue...

lol just to clear things up I will say black? In the future, I've always said coloured and all the people I know do too, I also have "half cast" mates who call themselves coloured. Just a norm ;)

But I won't say it on here because I don't want to go onto the foxestalk naughty step

Archived