Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City Player ratings v Leamington ?

lol just to clear things up I will say black? In the future, I've always said coloured and all the people I know do too, I also have "half cast" mates who call themselves coloured. Just a norm ;)

But I won't say it on here because I don't want to go onto the foxestalk naughty step

Try 'mixed race'. My wife is black and my daughter is mixed. Dont worry about it. No offense taken.

Political Correctness gone mad.

If a person is black, they are black. If a person is white, they are white. If a person is brown, they are brown.

I am white. If a black person refers to me as white, they are correct, not racist.

If I refer to that person as black, I am not racist.

Racism is about context. Get out of your arses.

Political Correctness gone mad.

If a person is black, they are black. If a person is white, they are white. If a person is brown, they are brown.

I am white. If a black person refers to me as white, they are correct, not racist.

If I refer to that person as black, I am not racist.

Racism is about context. Get out of your arses.

But he said coloured, not black...

But he said coloured, not black...

It's a terrible thing to make a person who is not a racist feel like they are. An elderly family member, who was one of the first people in town to agree to see an Asian doctor and had always argued against racism (which, in her day, took a great deal more spine than it does now), was once called a 'bigot' for using the term 'dark-skinned'. And no, it wasn't used aggressively or negatively, but rather to distinguish one lad from another.

I felt sorry for her, because here was a racially tolerant person - who had been willing, in times when racism was the norm, to stand up for racial equality - being told by a younger person who had never had to stick his neck out against prejudice that she was a racist.

The word 'racist' should not be used liberally. Over-sensitivity to racial identity is, after all, the main reason why racism happens in the first place, so it's hardly going to be a cure for the problem. In fact all it does is distract from the aggressive racist opinions held by a minority of people, or the negative and inaccurate cultural / religious stereotypes that a great many more people subscribe to.

And 'coloured' is a tricky one. One of the most prominent US groups - the NAACP - uses the word 'coloured' in its own name and has for over 100 years. In South Africa a large ethnic group of people would take great offence were they to be referred to as anything other than 'coloured'. No, I wouldn't say it, but using the word (on its own) is hardly malicious, or even ill-educated.

And training sessions determine our run up to matches don't they?

Interesting that NP adopted a 3-5-2 formation, could be effective as Hull showed last season although they didn't score many goals, however we have more striking goal threat, so could play dividends.

Or he was just trying to play as many attacking players as possible.

Just wondering why people have to refer to them as coloured/black? Surely there's only one RB at any one point so there's no need to add an adjective?

If you were watching the youtube stream, naming the position deffo wouldnt have been enough.

Not that I want to get into this but, if you refer to someones colour in a descriptive way 'the coloured guy playing right back', that isnt racist. However if you use it in a derogative way, 'you black bastard', that is racist.

Its a really easy distinction which is really frustrating to witness people getting wrong.

George Taft eh? Eh?

This all came from my post, merely saying "coloured?". I never said "you're being racist". It was meant as in "coloured in what way? Black, Asian, mixed race? Specify. It will help people identify the player you are enquiring about." No "racist bullshit" here.

This all came from my post, merely saying "coloured?". I never said "you're being racist". It was meant as in "coloured in what way? Black, Asian, mixed race? Specify. It will help people identify the player you are enquiring about." No "racist bullshit" here.

When I said 'racist bullshit', I meant the bullshit talk about your post being racist.

So George Taft??.....

Nothing worse than a racist honky.

Never liked white people.

Just wondering why people have to refer to them as coloured/black? Surely there's only one RB at any one point so there's no need to add an adjective?

Were you not around during the middle of last decade? We had a team full of right backs then. 

Coloured implies (though it sounds like the poster didn't mean this) white is somehow more 'normal'.  I remember having a long debate about the most correct term for someone with one black and one white parent, mixed race, dual ethnicity, dual parentage all sound a bit wrong... It's a bit of a can of worms.

So who is Alie Sesay? and how did he perform on friday? albeit against poor opposition i know.

Was he a trailist or is he from the academy etc??

He's from the academy (possibly may have been captain, not sure on that - however he captained the development squad that travelled out to the Hong Kong Sevens). Predominantly plays right back or centre back.

Archived