Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevelcfc

A signing, a signing COULD be on the way! A real player and everything!

Wtf? How did HE imply it was a big, first-team signing? All he said was that it was the first signing for LCFC. Why should people assume it's for the first team? That's something YOU implied. NOWHERE did he state it was a first-team signing.

So what if other radio stations do or don't do it? If Stringer is told to provide news, then that's what he'll do. It's certainly got people talking, hasn't it?

Fine, if you think he didn't do it to try and deceive people, that's up to you.

We'll be looking back on this thread in 5 years when Hendrie is declared the next Xavi and wondering why Stringer didn't make a bigger deal of the signing at the time. Or then again...

At least it shows we still have decent links with Man Utd post-Fergie although I'm guessing when it comes to youth, most of the networking is done further down the hierarchy.

There might be a signing now Beckford has gone.

Maybe it will be a case of one in, one out?

I'd say it's more likely that when Fox Toffee said we were just within FFP, that was taking Beckford's transfer into account and we'll need another one out before we can bring one in

I think people are just taking a break from bashing Pearson to focus on Stringer for a bit.  They forgot about him as we've not had commentary in a while...

New thread topic with poll?  "who do you hate more? Stringer, Pearson, Youngy or yourself (for hating people who don't really have that much REAL imapct in your life)"

Guest MattP

No other sides local radio would even announce someone joining the development squad.

He knew what he was doing.

Wtf? How did HE imply it was a big, first-team signing? All he said was that it was the first signing for LCFC. Why should people assume it's for the first team? That's something YOU implied. NOWHERE did he state it was a first-team signing.

So what if other radio stations do or don't do it? If Stringer is told to provide news, then that's what he'll do. It's certainly got people talking, hasn't it?

Stringer knew exactly what he was doing.

I'm not one bit surprised but doesn't excuse him one bit.

It's some people's own fault for jumping the gun and thinking it was something big. Stringer may well have 'known what he is doing' but I personally think he gets so much unwarranted abuse and stick thrown towards him. It's the fans' own fault for jumping to conclusions. 

It's some people's own fault for jumping the gun and thinking it was something big. Stringer may well have 'known what he is doing' but I personally think he gets so much unwarranted abuse and stick thrown towards him. It's the fans' own fault for jumping to conclusions. 

Arguably but he definitely brings it on himself.

There are some real nobheads on this forum. 

Stringer's job's to bring in listeners to Radio Leicester. It probably worked. 

As it happens it was also legitimate transfer information which is interesting in its own way, even if it isn't a multi-million pound signing.

What on earth are people moaning about? 

Regarding Hobbs, I'm fairly certain that if we were more than 'slightly interested' he would have chosen us over Forest.  Forest were the obvious second choice, like I said a month or so ago, he was having his house in Quorn done up.

Probably, but as i`ve said in another thread, given that he is still contracted to Hull for another 12 months, Hull were never going to let him come here, without us letting them have Kasper on the cheap.

Is he related to Stephen Hendrie also (once a quite good / very good snooker player).

Possibly world class actually. Stephen, not this guy. Back then anyway. I think. Memory does funny things.

Well no because that would be 'Hendry'.

Archived