Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_lad_92

So back to 4-4-2 anybody ?

A lot of people can be very critical about N.P's 4-4-2, but I think it suits us best myself:) de laet overlapping knockeart worked for the most part last season, the doubters or Pearson haters (for some reason) seem to just remember the bad run we had, forgetting the good footy we pld with a 4-4-2 for the most part, of last campaign, we certainly picked up again against the likes of Bolton & palace & Watford home with a 4-4-2 and forest away we must of had 30 Attempts!! Gd to have another option though in 3-5-2:)

Quit with the negativity and lets get behind the boys from the off!! UTF!!

ffs.

You've probably seen it once, for 45 minutes against a side that's spent 140m. Give it a ****ing chance.

Saw it at port vale actually;) and we pld well:) so yet to see it in proper action I agree, I'm not a negative I'm just saying I do like the old 4-4-2 which people moan about,

Talk of formations is over hyped, it's all about player's effort, player's abilitykafternoon, player's their role regardless of system

And anyone who thinks 442 is major fail exposes their nonexistent knowledge. It's an incredibly effective formation & when played with tempo & on the front foot like Aug-Feb last year responsible for some of the best football we've ever played on our rise to the top.

When played without tempo it is exposed & easily overran.

It's all about the players effort & attitude... Unfortunately the crowd has a big impact on those two things and our atmosphere is pathetic-to-poisonous until our 6th goal goes in and they're just not up for supporting when the chips are down preferring to moan rather than encourage which causes players to retreat and not play with confidence & tempo which so many teams struggled to live with.

I like 4-4-2, especially at home. 

BUT, only if it is played as aggressively as it was for the first part of last season. We dominated sides, absolutely destroyed them, pressed high, created chances, never gave them a sniff, even the champions struggled when they visited. Then something changed and we went more direct with it, which is and was a truly horrific thing to watch at times, even more so since we knew how we could play the system.

But, 3-5-2 is exciting and adds a new dimension so we don't just have a 'plan A or bust' attitude. Also useful as a counter attacking formation away from home. Glad we've been looking at it and hope Nige continues to get the lads playing it as it provides the flexibility we lacked last season.

Talk of formations is over hyped, it's all about player's effort, player's abilitykafternoon, player's their role regardless of system

And anyone who thinks 442 is major fail exposes their nonexistent knowledge. It's an incredibly effective formation & when played with tempo & on the front foot like Aug-Feb last year responsible for some of the best football we've ever played on our rise to the top.

It's all about the players effort & attitude... Unfortunately the crowd has a big impact on those two things and our atmosphere is pathetic-to-poisonous until our 6th goal goes in and they're just not up for supporting when the chips are down.

Well said mate:) good comment that

I like 4-4-2, especially at home.

BUT, only if it is played as aggressively as it was for the first part of last season. We dominated sides, absolutely destroyed them, pressed high, created chances, never gave them a sniff, even the champions struggled when they visited. Then something changed and we went more direct with it, which is and was a truly horrific thing to watch at times, even more so since we knew how we could play the system.

But, 3-5-2 is exciting and adds a new dimension so we don't just have a 'plan A or bust' attitude. Also useful as a counter attacking formation away from home. Glad we've been looking at it and hope Nige continues to get the lads playing it as it provides the flexibility we lacked last season.

Thanks f%#k it wasn't just me who can remember the most part of the season and not just the last few months!!

Deffo agree there for away games :) fair comment man:) can't wait for season now:-) :chant:

Bit aggressive don't you think?

Hahaha was werent it sheesh lol!!

Our most dangerous player going forward is played out of position in this formation, so for me it's a no.

It probably suits our lack of centre halves better, but I seriously do think it's time to move on from being glued to it.

It's all about the players effort & attitude... Unfortunately the crowd has a big impact on those two things and our atmosphere is pathetic-to-poisonous until our 6th goal goes in and they're just not up for supporting when the chips are down preferring to moan rather than encourage which causes players to retreat and not play with confidence & tempo which so many teams struggled to live with.

Find myself agreeing with a lot of this although I still think it speaks volumes that pretty much no genuine top side plays 4-4-2.

OK, we're not a top side, but I think the possibilities with 4-2-3-1 (which is actually similar to 4-4-2 but a little more fluid) or 4-3-3 are far greater.

3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 suits this squad far better than 4-4-2 does though IMO.

Our most dangerous player going forward is played out of position in this formation, so for me it's a no.

It probably suits our lack of centre halves better, but I seriously do think it's time to move on from being glued to it.

Good point dan, although at times knockeart coming inside from the right and roaming did work tbf, remember when we used 4-4-2 but with Oakley on the right he was never an out an out winger but still worked that year:)

We seemed to look better in 442 yesterday. Everyone seems to love 352 but I'm not one of those, especially if Konchesky plays left wing back which he won't be able to play for 90 minutes. Meh.

We seemed to look better in 442 yesterday. Everyone seems to love 352 but I'm not one of those, especially if Konchesky plays left wing back which he won't be able to play for 90 minutes. Meh.

Completely agree.

3-5-2 with Konchesky at LWB is very counter-productive

Another ridiculous post.

It's NOT all about effort and ability. If it was, there'd be little need for management.

Players at this level are all pretty much of a muchness. Ability wise, there's not much to differentiate our players with those of Birmingham, Ipswich etc etc.

What differentiates the success from the failure is how they are managed and developed.

We saw this beautifully with Sven who demonstrated that money does not always equal success.

Man-management, getting the right players in the right formations, being able to tactically outbeat the opposition manager is of course, hugely important.

Archived