Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

No more signings this transfer window.

I honestly think our squad is more than good enough. These are the same players, minus Keane, that were flying high for long periods last season before a combination of poor form and rotten luck hit us hard. They're more than good enough to challenge for the top two.

you call 4 months of shit results rotten luck & poor form ? Seriously?

Toffee or Bert said teams have enquired about Konchesky.

Schmeichel going would of been disappointing, but not the end of the world, at least we would of got money for him, his wages off our books, and Jack Hobbs as part of the deal.

We've missed a trick here Babs, selling Schmeichel & Konchesky would of made sense, it would of helped. 

Happy, first and formost I don't care what you think Bert has said. Secondly even if that is true, someone making an enquiry is not a bid.

It is not even known if a bid definitely came in that included Hobbs, if it did I very much doubt it was £2m/£3m + Hobbs. There seems to be lots of rumours at the time but nothing concrete from either side regarding one that included Hobbs.

You can only miss a trick if one was there to be had. You are using a lot of guess work and rumour to come to the conclusion Pearson "didn't use his brain" and made a mistake.

Toffee or Bert said teams have enquired about Konchesky.

Schmeichel going would of been disappointing, but not the end of the world, at least we would of got money for him, his wages off our books, and Jack Hobbs as part of the deal.

We've missed a trick here Babs, selling Schmeichel & Konchesky would of made sense, it would of helped. 

I do agree with you here.

I mentioned a while back i would of sold Kasper.

Even for £2 million + hobbs.

I then would have bought Jamie mackie and loaned in a keeper like stockdale.

..................................stockdale

..de laet..........morgan...................hobbs.............schlupp

..knocky..........james.......................king..................dyer

...................................mackie

....................................wood

would've been much more confident about the new season.

It would only have made sense if a) there were actually offers on the table and b) the offers actually made it worth selling. I made it clear at the time if Kasper isn't going to renew then we should sell... but it still has to be the right offer.

Mackie hasn't scored more than 9 goals above the conference and we want to swap him for Nugent who has scored 16 and 15 the last two seasons...?

I honestly think our squad is more than good enough. These are the same players, minus Keane, that were flying high for long periods last season before a combination of poor form and rotten luck hit us hard. They're more than good enough to challenge for the top two.

I assume you're referring to our terrible last third of the season, during which we only won 3 out of our last 17 games? Pretty decent of you to put that down to 'rotten luck'.

The reality is, this squad is going to start the new season in worse-than-relegation form. We started last season brightly, but a one-dimensional playing style and a lack of depth in the squad meant we got found out - and by the end, we could hardly buy a win.

There have been no improvements to the quality of the squad over the summer, whilst one of our first-choice centre halves has left and is not coming back. As others have pointed out, both SSL and Whitbread have dreadful injury records and seeing as it now looks unlikely we will be able to find replacements, the situation with the defence is a disaster waiting to happen. One thing people seem to forget is that we were very lucky last season that our best player (Morgan) was never out with injuries and was able to play every game. That is unlikely to be the case two years in a row - just imagine the situation we'd be in if he gets injured early in the season.

Over the summer, we have experimented with a new system but without much success - doubts remain over whether we have the players in the team to make it work. Last season's main problem (scoring goals) seems to be with us still - we've only scored 3 goals in pre-season.

Despite this, it's not all doom and gloom since hardly anyone else in the league has spent any money and thus is no more likely to have improved than us. Plus, there are some benefits in continuity. But to claim the squad is 'more than good enough' to challenge for the automatic places is a bit too far-fetched IMO...

I'm just baffled that there's a lot of fans demanding new signings on a regular basis, neglecting the fact that you have to accommodate all these new players first.

It seems like (and I've stated that in another thread before) for some Leicester fans, only the newest trick pony's good enough, regardless of the sportive or financial consequences.

Their train of thought ends where the complications begin.

And then demanding new faces when we actually have little to no spending capacities due to FFP, demanding changes and bringing in replacements that have failed to live up to their expectations and that have failed to perform or are no longer proven on this level - seriously?

Are we supposed to generate money out of thin air?

I assume you're referring to our terrible last third of the season, during which we only won 3 out of our last 17 games? Pretty decent of you to put that down to 'rotten luck'.

Do you have selective reading, he didn't put it down to bad luck. He said poor form and bad luck.

Happy, first and formost I don't care what you think Bert has said. Secondly even if that is true, someone making an enquiry is not a bid.

It is not even known if a bid definitely came in that included Hobbs, if it did I very much doubt it was £2m/£3m + Hobbs. There seems to be lots of rumours at the time but nothing concrete from either side regarding one that included Hobbs.

You can only miss a trick if one was there to be had. You are using a lot of guess work and rumour to come to the conclusion Pearson "didn't use his brain" and made a mistake.

But an enquiry is better than no interest at all. 

Hobbs said there was interest from our end. This was all official in the Leicester Mercury, so I'm not guessing at anything. 

Don't you read any papers or watch the news?

But an enquiry is better than no interest at all. 

An enquiry, is not a bid. Someone can make an enquiry, but without a bid you cannot sell a player. Do you understand that? If there has been no bid Pearson has no decision to make. I could tell you something that toffeefox told me about Konch, but I shall leave that down to him if he wants to.

Hobbs said there was interest from our end. This was all official in the Leicester Mercury, so I'm not guessing at anything. 

Don't you read any papers or watch the news?

Kingfox, I can read very well thank you and read the papers regularly. Hobbs said "I believe they [Leicester] were slightly interested,".

First and foremost that doesn't indicate anything other than slight interested. It doesn't say whether that was a loan offer from us, or him being part of another deal, or that Hull bid £2m and me for Kasper but Leicester said no. There is absolutely no detail in the quote that suggests Pearson had a decision to make on any kind of bid including him, let along one where it was him + £2/£3m.

An enquiry, is not a bid. Someone can make an enquiry, but without a bid you cannot sell a player. Do you understand that? If there has been no bid Pearson has no decision to make. I could tell you something that toffeefox told me about Konch, but I shall leave that down to him if he wants to.

Kingfox, I can read very well thank you and read the papers regularly. Hobbs said "I believe they [Leicester] were slightly interested,".

First and foremost that doesn't indicate anything other than slight interested. It doesn't say whether that was a loan offer from us, or him being part of another deal, or that Hull bid £2m and me for Kasper but Leicester said no. There is absolutely no detail in the quote that suggests Pearson had a decision to make on any kind of bid including him, let along one where it was him + £2/£3m.

Course I understand, an enquiry is better than no interest at all, I said interest not bid. 

If we were interested in him, that means something went on. Reports stated that he was offered as part of the bids Hull made for Kasper, that's what the Mercury stated so that's all the evidence we have unless you know something more.

I'm not making anything up, I'm going on what our local paper said, and if that's wrong blame Tanner. 

Course I understand, an enquiry is better than no interest at all, I said interest not bid. 

If we were interested in him, that means something went on. Reports stated that he was offered as part of the bids Hull made for Kasper, that's what the Mercury stated so that's all the evidence we have unless you know something more.

I'm not making anything up, I'm going on what our local paper said, and if that's wrong blame Tanner. 

Also take into account we may have had interest in Hobbs, but Hull might have said **** off, we're not selling to you... given what happened with our previous interest in Chester, Stewart & maybe Koren

I think we'll find the truth is we cannot afford to sell anyone. There is no money, any money gained from player sales will not be reinvested in the squad. Sell Kasper and prepare for Logan to play, sell Konchesky and prepare for Schlupp or Bagayoko. Any money will service the debt and weaken the squad.

If we shift Danns no one will come in, same for Gallagher. This is the squad, get used to it.

I think we'll find the truth is we cannot afford to sell anyone. There is no money, any money gained from player sales will not be reinvested in the squad. Sell Kasper and prepare for Logan to play, sell Konchesky and prepare for Schlupp or Bagayoko. Any money will service the debt and weaken the squad.

If we shift Danns no one will come in, same for Gallagher. This is the squad, get used to it.

Perhaps the real reason for NP not wanting to wheel & deal the assets that are saleable despite their likely wage burdens.

What's the point in cashing in on saleable assets to service a debt & weaken your hand... you may as well stick, than twist

Surprised the club aren't forcing his hand given the contract situations of Schmeichel, Morgan & Nugent.

Anyway, we are - where we are

If you're not with us, you're against us and all that.

This is like pulling teeth.

You said

If Pearson had a brain, he would of sold Schmeichel & Konchesky. With this coming out, right now I would of actually snapped at the opportunity of selling Kasper for £2-3 million and having Hobbs as part of the deal.

If you understand that an enquiry is not a bid when are you saying he should have used his brain?

Jesus Christ I have not said you made anything up. I'm trying to get you to use fact rather than slate the manager for not taking an option that may not have even be there to make. "Reported" "Reports" etc are not fact. "Slight interest" means nothing. 

Just forget it.

This is like pulling teeth.

You said

If you understand that an enquiry is not a bid when are you saying he should have used his brain?

Jesus Christ I have not said you made anything up. I'm trying to get you to use fact rather than slate the manager for not taking an option that may not have even be there to make. "Reported" "Reports" etc are not fact. "Slight interest" means nothing. 

Just forget it.

If anything materialised from these reports or bids, and he had the chance to get rid, he should of used his brain.

Your basically saying every report is absolutely bullshit then.

A bid is better than an enquiry, an enquiry is better than no interest at all. 

If teams have enquired, Pearson could of well said yes he is available and we are willing to sell, then who knows what would of come from it.

Looks like our exile from the top tier is set to continue for a considerable while longer then. There is the real danger that a whole generation of new city fans will have never seen us play top flight football, and that's concerning.

If anything materialised from these reports or bids, and he had the chance to get rid, he should of used his brain.

How do you know he wouldn't?

Your basically saying every report is absolutely bullshit then.

No, I'm saying if you are going to use something to slate someone make sure it's fact.

A bid is better than an enquiry, an enquiry is better than no interest at all. 

An enquiry is no better than no interest if they don't make a bid!!!

If teams have enquired, Pearson could of well said yes he is available and we are willing to sell, then who knows what would of come from it.

How do you know he didn't?

There is the real danger that a whole generation of new city fans will have never seen us play top flight football, and that's concerning.

Not for me... I was there. :D

I was there too, I'm just concerned for the young 'uns. The second division is no place to make yourself comfortable. At a time when premier football is still as popular as ever on the tv, we're in danger of lots of potential new fans being lured away by the 'glory' clubs.

Not a lot we can do then, except I can't help feeling we've been idiots not selling a sellable asset to improve our evident weaknesses. He's known all along there's no dough unless he sells, yet he hasn't done? Perhaps he knew that if he did sell he still couldn't spend it so he's pleaded with the owners not to sell Kasper and Morgan? But it irks me when there's strong rumours the likes of Konchesky, Waghorn and a few others have had enquiries, I hope we didn't turn these down as that's just moronic for players who are leaving next summer for nothing.

Let's hope we have fostered an unbelievably and unshaking team spirit and that alone helps us compete. We have a half decent first 11 but other than that it's utter dog muck so we need to stay injury free. I see no evidence we'll do any better than last year but just like Birmingham last season compared to the eyar ebfore sometimes there's not a lot you can do. Just got to grin and bear it.

The emphasis must be on pace, that's what we lacked last year.

Good post. I agree entirely.  :thumbup:

I'm just baffled that there's a lot of fans demanding new signings on a regular basis, neglecting the fact that you have to accommodate all these new players first.

It seems like (and I've stated that in another thread before) for some Leicester fans, only the newest trick pony's good enough, regardless of the sportive or financial consequences.

Their train of thought ends where the complications begin.

And then demanding new faces when we actually have little to no spending capacities due to FFP, demanding changes and bringing in replacements that have failed to live up to their expectations and that have failed to perform or are no longer proven on this level - seriously?

Are we supposed to generate money out of thin air?

For once, I actually agree with you. :D

Do you have selective reading, he didn't put it down to bad luck. He said poor form and bad luck.

I said he put it down to bad luck, which leaves open the possibility of that being in whole or in part.

Besides, the idea that our poor performance was down to poor form is so tautological that I didn't think it merited much of a comment.

Archived