Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

No more signings this transfer window.

It's Watford that astound me, crowds of about 11,000 and 14 new signings, even if they're on frees their wages will be astronomical unless Udinese are paying them? They're in for huge fines if they don't go up

If they end up in trouble there owners would just transfer the players back to Udinese or Grananda 

• Very few people if any on here are in the know whether that be a) who we’ve enquired about. b) Who’s enquired about any of our players. c) NP’s thought process on anything at all. d) Money available or not for whatever reason. Essentially, 99% of what is on here is a choice of opinion, best guess, speculation or utter bollocks.
  • Schmeical, DeLaet, Morgan, James, King, Knocky, Wood and Nugent are players that most teams in this division would perhaps be glad of having in their line-up. Then add Schlupp, Dyer, Konchesky and a few others and it’s not that bad a line up in theory, though that again is opinion. My opinion is that we’ve not got a bad squad, whether it’s good enough compared with some others is another debate.
  • For well publicised reasons, we’ve got what we’ve got. NP no doubt would probably like to sell Danns, St Ledger, Gallagher and others at a huge profit and reinvest but nobody in their right minds would want them at such exorbitant cost re wages and possibly other reasons so…not NP’s fault that one.
  • Last year was a season of two halves to say the least and we finished in the top nevertheless so it could happen again, who knows. Many of our players had never played a full season anywhere and it showed, they’ve now gained some valuable experience.
  • The constant negativity is now so mind numbingly boring. I really wonder why some people go down the ground or follow a forum as they are never happier when they are moaning on and on and on. If we won the bloody Championship there would be some kind of problem with the way we’d done it.
Nobody knows what goes on really behind the scenes. We may lose tomorrow we may not, either way, not the end of the world. Lets just at least start positive and give the boys a chance.

Top post.

I get a fair idea what's going on down there from quite a few of the players and some of the coaching staff. I know it's not a happy camp down there at the minute but that's more down to politics at boardroom level than Pearson himself and the squad.

Majority of the players are happy with Pearson, Shakey and Walsh and I think if we keep our first 11 fit we'll be up there at the end of the season.

I understand people's frustrations with the lack of transfers etc but it is what it is and we've got to go with what we've got. Hopefully with the pressure off us we'll excel.

I for one will always keep the faith!

I don't know if its been mentioned but someone said on twitter than NP wants to bring in 3 more players this window but the DOF said no and then Bert confirmed it

A lot of friction between Nige and DOF at the minute

Maybe some feel because they are young they won't earn that much - I doubt we pay all the wages anyway if I am honest.

It's always difficult to assess wages, no-one really knows how much players are paid so it's all speculation.

It seemed pretty reasonable when fans suggested to me that the young players were on lower pay-packets so I didn't say anything about wages. But if what you say is true and the club aren't covering their wage budget themselves then it's a pretty big violation of FFP.

I don't want to be drawn on this too much because we are speculating here but yeah you've left me a bit concerned.  :/

Got no idea really - as you suggest they won't be on millions though so maybe we can just about afford it.

We did just sell a young striker for 1.1 million plus to Peterborough which would help fund any wage bill.

Was just a suggestion but if that is against the rules then you'd hope the Pozzos wouldn't risk that.

That's not what we need. Hopefully he can utilise the loan market well to fill the gaps. The premise of the DoF is obviously to tighten things up, and Nige wants players, meaning friction is always likely. But being settled should be our main advantage, and undermining the manager can't be good.

We all expected it though didn't we.

My thoughts all along is the that's want Nigel to walk, so they save the million compensation. What better way to do it than bring in a DOF to a) remove the unwanted players if possible and b) cause friction with the manager so he walks out again. Dodgy plan and let's hope results don't suffer as a result.

1. Very few people if any on here are in the know whether that be a) who we’ve enquired about. b) Who’s enquired about any of our players. c) NP’s thought process on anything at all. d) Money available or not for whatever reason. Essentially, 99% of what is on here is a choice of opinion, best guess, speculation or utter bollocks.
  2. Schmeical, DeLaet, Morgan, James, King, Knocky, Wood and Nugent are players that most teams in this division would perhaps be glad of having in their line-up. Then add Schlupp, Dyer, Konchesky and a few others and it’s not that bad a line up in theory, though that again is opinion. My opinion is that we’ve not got a bad squad, whether it’s good enough compared with some others is another debate.
  3. For well publicised reasons, we’ve got what we’ve got. NP no doubt would probably like to sell Danns, St Ledger, Gallagher and others at a huge profit and reinvest but nobody in their right minds would want them at such exorbitant cost re wages and possibly other reasons so…not NP’s fault that one.
  4. Last year was a season of two halves to say the least and we finished in the top nevertheless so it could happen again, who knows. Many of our players had never played a full season anywhere and it showed, they’ve now gained some valuable experience.
  5. The constant negativity is now so mind numbingly boring. I really wonder why some people go down the ground or follow a forum as they are never happier when they are moaning on and on and on. If we won the bloody Championship there would be some kind of problem with the way we’d done it.

Nobody knows what goes on really behind the scenes. We may lose tomorrow we may not, either way, not the end of the world. Lets just at least start positive and give the boys a chance.

Top post - I for one am filled with unspoilt optimism but that is how every season starts.

As for NP and the DOF arguing, this is completely understandable (and debate is something you'd actually want to see).  NP will be judged on on-the-pitch results so will want to push the envelope in terms of FFP, the DOF will want to shift the high earners first.  This is a high pressure job there is bound to be tension especially as the aims of the DOF and NP will not always be aligned.

My thoughts all along is the that's want Nigel to walk, so they save the million compensation. What better way to do it than bring in a DOF to a) remove the unwanted players if possible and b) cause friction with the manager so he walks out again. Dodgy plan and let's hope results don't suffer as a result.

Hmmmmmm good plan so what your saying is we employ someone to piss someone off so they leave and we save a wage.

Can you please explain how that works as I see it thats constructive dismissal.

Oh and if he don't walk you have to pay two wages and how longs the DoF contract?

Sorry I don't see any savings just expense.

Top post - I for one am filled with unspoilt optimism but that is how every season starts.

As for NP and the DOF arguing, this is completely understandable (and debate is something you'd actually want to see).  NP will be judged on on-the-pitch results so will want to push the envelope in terms of FFP, the DOF will want to shift the high earners first.  This is a high pressure job there is bound to be tension especially as the aims of the DOF and NP will not always be aligned.

Surely they have the same aim - Premier League Football

Archived