Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

No more signings this transfer window.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19582385-detail/story.html?#axzz2aPtkSBxL

"It doesn't matter if I need to (bring players in) or not, I won't be," said Pearson.

"I don't think I have ever made noises during pre-season that that was going to be the case. I don't think I have ever said since the end of last season that I will be adding to the squad.

"The opportunity to add to the squad is not there, so there is no point me talking about it."

There you have it. Words straight from his mouth that we can't yet no doubt he gets flack for failing to spend outside of our means.

It's a shame as I definitely think we need a couple of additions (although not too much), hope he gets a couple of loanees in when he can, and if.

I honestly think our squad is more than good enough. These are the same players, minus Keane, that were flying high for long periods last season before a combination of poor form and rotten luck hit us hard. They're more than good enough to challenge for the top two.

Honestly thing we can do well on team spirit and pure determination this year. FFP and previous years nonsense spending has shot us in the heart so were guna have to do it the old fashioned way, build on the squad we have.

It may well work to our advantage, no gelling issues, no stepping up or adapting to this league issues, everyone knows each others game and as a team we work together.

Knocky said its like a family and that is the type of team NP builds, I have positive feelings. I hope I'm right about this.

Honestly thing we can do well on team spirit and pure determination this year. FFP and previous years nonsense spending has shot us in the heart so were guna have to do it the old fashioned way, build on the squad we have.

It may well work to our advantage, no gelling issues, no stepping up or adapting to this league issues, everyone knows each others game and as a team we work together.

Knocky said its like a family and that is the type of team NP builds, I have positive feelings. I hope I'm right about this.

Great post, lets have it!!

Shows what a ****ing mess we're in though. You can garauntee he's not happy about it. And I expect its this very situation that's kept him in a job. Which I'm happy about personally, but no new manager wouldve come in without a bean to spend.

Shows what a ****ing mess we're in though. You can garauntee he's not happy about it. And I expect its this very situation that's kept him in a job. Which I'm happy about personally, but no new manager wouldve come in without a bean to spend.

He should of realized that before he f**ked up last season, cannot have it both ways imo.

Not a lot we can do then, except I can't help feeling we've been idiots not selling a sellable asset to improve our evident weaknesses. He's known all along there's no dough unless he sells, yet he hasn't done? Perhaps he knew that if he did sell he still couldn't spend it so he's pleaded with the owners not to sell Kasper and Morgan? But it irks me when there's strong rumours the likes of Konchesky, Waghorn and a few others have had enquiries, I hope we didn't turn these down as that's just moronic for players who are leaving next summer for nothing.

Let's hope we have fostered an unbelievably and unshaking team spirit and that alone helps us compete. We have a half decent first 11 but other than that it's utter dog muck so we need to stay injury free. I see no evidence we'll do any better than last year but just like Birmingham last season compared to the eyar ebfore sometimes there's not a lot you can do. Just got to grin and bear it.

The emphasis must be on pace, that's what we lacked last year.

This

Not a lot we can do then, except I can't help feeling we've been idiots not selling a sellable asset to improve our evident weaknesses. He's known all along there's no dough unless he sells, yet he hasn't done? Perhaps he knew that if he did sell he still couldn't spend it so he's pleaded with the owners not to sell Kasper and Morgan? But it irks me when there's strong rumours the likes of Konchesky, Waghorn and a few others have had enquiries, I hope we didn't turn these down as that's just moronic for players who are leaving next summer for nothing.

Let's hope we have fostered an unbelievably and unshaking team spirit and that alone helps us compete. We have a half decent first 11 but other than that it's utter dog muck so we need to stay injury free. I see no evidence we'll do any better than last year but just like Birmingham last season compared to the eyar ebfore sometimes there's not a lot you can do. Just got to grin and bear it.

The emphasis must be on pace, that's what we lacked last year.

I agree with most of that.

However, I did see glimpses of hope during the Monaco game that some of the more disappointing players from previous seasons are somewhat trying to make up for their downfalls in recent months and years.

Waghorn and (surprise) Whitbread put in great shifts, so one can expect a few of the fringe players to step up to the plate during the upcoming campaign.

And one or two quality loanees if applicable, and we should be just fine. :fc:

If waggy can step it up this year it'll be like a new signing. Those fringe players if they hit form could really make a massive difference. Marshall especially (if he can play like he played at Chelsea the other year!) Hel be like a new signing. Drinky is another who in form adds a hell of a lot. Whitebread could be solid down the middle with wes.

Those players in form actually fill the voids that we have if they hit form. It's gamble time.

One thing we didn't do enough last year is keep fringe players in form and fit. The only way to do that is to rotate more often.

Add the fact that other teams may well loan players like gally and danns so this could Free up cash for new players.

If we sell a saleable asset such as Schmeichel then we still may not be under FFP so that money may need to be banked rather than use the transfer fee & wages saved to bring a new GK and strengthen the back line & middle

This is presumably why NP has fought to keep them

The club has been stupid not paying off the likes of Danns, Gallagher & Wellens before the deadline though & sticking it on the owner fuelled debt mountain.

Plenty of people said the Sven-era will cost us for years & this is how... If only NP wasn't sidelined & effectively forced out after AFI was setup to take us over wanting a 'name' manager to blow untold fortunes

Bunch of naive *****

I agree with most of that.

However, I did see glimpses of hope during the Monaco game that some of the more disappointing players from previous seasons are somewhat trying to make up for their downfalls in recent months and years.

Waghorn and (surprise) Whitbread put in great shifts, so one can expect a few of the fringe players to step up to the plate during the upcoming campaign.

And one or two quality loanees if applicable, and we should be just fine.  :fc:

I desperately want the likes of Vardy, Danns, Whitbread etc to do well this year as the ability is there i'm convinced. It just seems to be the Leicester way that a lot of players never reproduce the level of performances that they showed at previous clubs.

i dont understand whats going on at this club at all! owners who are supposedly billionaires but too stupid to think outside the box like watfords owners! absolute mid table at best with the squad we have now,not enough goals and easy to score agaist. very shit season ahead anyone accusing me of half empty glass if you are pretending to be positive your glass is half full of shit!

I hope we bring in loans otherwise I think we'll be struggling to get in the play offs like last season; can't be done with it boiling down to the last game.   We have finishers but OUR PROBLEM IS CREATING CHANCES for those finishers.  We are too predictable for the stronger teams.

We desp. need a playmaker.  I think Spurs' young Tom Carroll would fit the bill perfectly.   Now Villas Boas has brought in Paulinho and bought Holtby recently, I can't see Carroll being used much, if at all.

A strong start next week and nobody will be talking of signings.

We've moved on a couple that weren't playing and retained the spine of a team that showed signs of brilliance for the first half of the campaign last season. I'm optimistic that we will be top 6, to threaten for automatic we need to get up and running immediately. 3 pts next weekend.

'That's Yer Lot'  says NP,  does that mean he has given up on promotion this season because the squad is not good enough.He was looking at a centre back a few weeks ago, and the midfield is still not strong enough, and where are the goals coming from.   

This is going to be like the Levein and Kelly years, so utterly depressing, knowing that avoiding the drop is the best we can aspire to.  We may occasionally beat a big team at home to stir the juices, but in the main a drab draw with Sheffield Wednesday will be the norm.

Would love to know who advised the Thai's that Pearson was the man to get the club promoted, what a truly woeful piece of advice that was. 

This is going to be like the Levein and Kelly years, so utterly depressing, knowing that avoiding the drop is the best we can aspire to.  We may occasionally beat a big team at home to stir the juices, but in the main a drab draw with Sheffield Wednesday will be the norm.

Would love to know who advised the Thai's that Pearson was the man to get the club promoted, what a truly woeful piece of advice that was. 

lol brilliant..... Im glad i dont see you on a daily basis, i'd slit my wrists!

Archived