Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

No more signings this transfer window.

This is going to be like the Levein and Kelly years, so utterly depressing, knowing that avoiding the drop is the best we can aspire to.  We may occasionally beat a big team at home to stir the juices, but in the main a drab draw with Sheffield Wednesday will be the norm.

Would love to know who advised the Thai's that Pearson was the man to get the club promoted, what a truly woeful piece of advice that was. 

If that's your enthusiasm, I wouldn't want to see you grumpy. lol

Seriously, how on earth can you already downplay our chances for the new season when we haven't even played a substantial amount of games in order to see a pattern develop?

Oh no, you'd rather throw in the towel early and declare it a lost case. Some "fans"...

I guarantee that if he could add to the squad he would but like he says, the resources aren't there.

End of!

Hopefully he can create a siege mentality in the squad and make us competitive again.

There were times last season when I think most of our players didnt care and were just picking up a wage, the reaction to Knocky's goal against forest changed my opinion completely.

There's some good players in this team and I feel we will be there or thereabouts again

COYFB!!!!

Typical NP response - bit grumpy, not his fault.....surely a Mr Motivator would be saying - 'who needs signings when we have a fantastic squad and team spirit - getting Sean and Neil back playing is like getting two new signings and with the clever stuff we have been working on in training we will be dynamite in the league this year - watch out Premier League, we're comin' atcha......'

Its odd to see quite so many divs on here with their delusional bullshit so early on.

I mean come on. The league is quite clearly ours this year. Not sure why so many cant see it?

Best keeper in the league.

Best central defender in the league.

Best strikeforce in the league.

Best central midfielders in the league.

So confident, all we bothered to sign was a back up left back.

We're so fvcking good it actually hurts meh.

I agree with most people that could do with a couple additions and get rid of the likes of Gallgher but if not - a core team of Nugent, Wood, Morgan, De Laet, James, King, Drinky, Schmeicel, Knocky and Marshall - is not relegation material imo and should do well

Typical NP response - bit grumpy, not his fault.....surely a Mr Motivator would be saying - 'who needs signings when we have a fantastic squad and team spirit - getting Sean and Neil back playing is like getting two new signings and with the clever stuff we have been working on in training we will be dynamite in the league this year - watch out Premier League, we're comin' atcha......'

To be fair, he's said numerous times in pre season how good and close knit the squad is as well as having some fantastic young players already......

I think it will be to our advantage that from not spending big/at all, we will now go to places such as Wigan, Reading, QPR, Bolton (maybe) as the possible underdog. I honestly think we can get points at these places.

What NP needs to do is get a professional 'do a job' attitude to get results at places like Yeovil, Bournemouth and Blackpool.

He managed to create that when we had Championship players playing in the League 1 season, you couldn't argue then at the attitude when going to Cheltenham & Orient.

This squad is more than capable. One game at a time changing. 

The players that were listed as available, their agents haven't been able to fix them up elsewhere (because of the wage demands), so they have to knuckle down. Many of them are in the last year of contract, and football's changed if they are not involved this season why would the likes of Gally & Waggy walk into Championship teams next year based on reputations from form years back.

I think he might wait for the premier league teams to sort themselves out, then take a CB on loan again.

We have the forwards that can score, but service needs to be quality and consistent. There I worry, Dyer is not the best crosser and Marshall needs to get his head right.

We are where we are.........

If SSL and Danns and Vardy get their act together then they'll be like new signings, and possibly very good ones. My gut instinct is that they won't, but hopefully I'm wrong. It's a strong squad we've got, but not in the top 3 or 4 in the league. Will be another tight season regarding a top 6 place imo. 

He actually did communicate it - in his manner. If you'd paid more attention, you would've noticed.

But why don't you apply for a job for communication manager at LCFC?

and where are the goals coming from.   

Probably 16 goal David Nugent and 20 goal Chris Wood I would imagine.

We still have the same players that put three past Forest and a very in form Bolton at the end of last season.

He actually did communicate it - in his manner. If you'd paid more attention, you would've noticed.

But why don't you apply for a job for communication manager at LCFC?

Nope - just read it all again - no mention of any of the players except Nuge, lots of him being unhappy with the performance (we're not supposed to be though because we're fans right?) and a bit of moaning about his not being allowed to sign players - very upbeat......

Would love to work at the City and possibly could be more on the ball than the current communication team - might do a bit of one on one training with NP as well to hone those skills he has clearly been working on

Nope - just read it all again - no mention of any of the players except Nuge, lots of him being unhappy with the performance (we're not supposed to be though because we're fans right?) and a bit of moaning about his not being allowed to sign players - very upbeat......

Would love to work at the City and possibly could be more on the ball than the current communication team - might do a bit of one on one training with NP as well to hone those skills he has clearly been working on

Just because that's all the Merc have reported that it's all he said. They quite often split an interview up over the week to stretch out the sports pages.

It's a mess in my opinion. We have 2 CBS in Whitbread and SSL who have terrible injury records. Liam Moore isn't up to it. It's going to cost us.

Have to agree with this. Very worried about it. You'd think the owners would at least let NP sign someone like Keane (although I know Keane himself probably isn't coming back) on loan, surely a young player on loan costs next to nothing? 

Probably 16 goal David Nugent and 20 goal Chris Wood I would imagine.

We still have the same players that put three past Forest and a very in form Bolton at the end of last season.

I'm comfortable with the numbers they scored last season but how many did they score when played together? That's the most important stat as Vardy and Waghorn have proven that they aren't prolific at this level.

Wood and Nuge together did look positive for me but people started to have their doubts? I hope they hit the ground running as we've not much options without those two for goals.

Have to agree with this. Very worried about it. You'd think the owners would at least let NP sign someone like Keane (although I know Keane himself probably isn't coming back) on loan, surely a young player on loan costs next to nothing? 

What if Whitbread and SSL stay fit, we have 4 potential CB's so why not go with that that and then sign someone on loan if they get injuries??

This is going to be like the Levein and Kelly years, so utterly depressing, knowing that avoiding the drop is the best we can aspire to.  We may occasionally beat a big team at home to stir the juices, but in the main a drab draw with Sheffield Wednesday will be the norm.

Would love to know who advised the Thai's that Pearson was the man to get the club promoted, what a truly woeful piece of advice that was.

Fvcking yawn.

He did communicate it - it's on the official page. If you can't find it, not my problem:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/270713-pearson-takes-positives-949117.aspx

And for Nugent to be disappointed after just having found back from injury and not being able to play in a friendly against Monaco is completely understandable.

Pearson clearly wants him fully fit for the first competitive game, Middlesbrough the latest, hence he had to sit it out.

As for the lack of funds, we are where we are.

Who would you like to see as manager?

I'm comfortable with the numbers they scored last season but how many did they score when played together? That's the most important stat as Vardy and Waghorn have proven that they aren't prolific at this level.

Wood and Nuge together did look positive for me but people started to have their doubts? I hope they hit the ground running as we've not much options without those two for goals.

I have no doubts about those two being capable of putting the ball in the net, the problem is the midfield IMO and not them. We need to start getting closer to them. We were at our best pushing players up the pitch, having people like Knockaert around them to play one twos etc. At the end of last year they looked so isolated and outnumbered we were going to lose out the majority of the time.

Who would you like to see as manager?

Moot point at the moment....if and when NP gets the elbow, we can see who is available and willing to come to us. Like I said before, maybe Nige is pre disastered and will never be as bad as he was Feb to May again (it would be rare to be that poor twice in your career) and he can surprise us all (well the naysayers at least) and deliver on all that good faith from his followers - here's hoping

Archived