Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

No more signings this transfer window.

i have a theory here,maybe pearson is only going to get 15 or so games into the season to see how he does,maybe they dont want to give him money like they did with eriksson and then sack him and be left with deadwood players that will need shifting,gives the new man a clean slate then in january.

i have a theory here,maybe pearson is only going to get 15 or so games into the season to see how he does,maybe they dont want to give him money like they did with eriksson and then sack him and be left with deadwood players that will need shifting,gives the new man a clean slate then in january.

Maybe we are just trying to comply with new financial regulations, introduced this season. Just a thought

it's beyond belief how we wasted the money we did and we are paying for it now in terms of having to cut back and unload surplus players but this might bring about a different result to the endless chopping and changing and bringing in new players and loan signings every season. Even so I am sure NP will have some loanees lined up to bring in.

the cynic in me says that there is a fund of money available but it will only be made available to tempt NP's replacement if/when he has failed to satisfy expectations around the end of October .

Given the lack of signings at the KP, are you confident of gaining promotion ahead of the new campaign?

I just came across this article from a Fox revealing his hopes and fears for the new season. I think he makes some decent points. 

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2013/08/leicester-city-hopes-and-fears-for-the-201314-season-revealed.html

Given the lack of signings at the KP, are you confident of gaining promotion ahead of the new campaign?

I just came across this article from a Fox revealing his hopes and fears for the new season. I think he makes some decent points. 

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2013/08/leicester-city-hopes-and-fears-for-the-201314-season-revealed.html

i think thats a fair analysis. would agree with a lot about what he said although i think pearson should be given until at least january, swapping the manager over the summer with our financial situation would have done us no favours.

as things stand now. i think we'll come up short and be just outside the play offs and we'll have a different manager this time next year.

WYS

My belief is that Pearson will be given to the end of the season, unless we are in the bottom ten, come the end of January. I also believe that this time next year we will have a new manager, on a smaller salary than Pearson has now. 

Sadly, I cannot envisage us being among the contenders for promotion, as we are limited to the same players as last year, bar one mediocre free transfer in. 

Pearson may have tried to offload the players not wanted, but nobody wants them on ridiculous wages. Paying them off still implicated us as it would cost £££, so may be of use when an injury happens than not having them at all.

He will go a good job in working with what we have got, maybe a couple of loan additions.

A new manager will just have to work within the same limitations, all because of the big spending Sven era, which Pearson is having to budget and take some of the flack for.

Even if he had 10m to spend this window you know it would be spent wisely, if at all.

Pearson has done a good job trimming the wage bill over the last 18 months.  I should imagine Danns and Gally will be sent out on loan at some point which may free up wages for a loan signing or two.

On our day we can beat anyone in this league.  Wood, James, Schlupp, Marshall and Knocky will all be better.  St Ledger and Whitbread - if they stay fit are almost like two new signings

Other clubs are continuing to strengthen. Blackburn again today for instance.

This transfer window, for us, has been the most boring in living memory. Whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen.

Just about to go with my lad for a ruby and to discuss tomorrows game. It's back!

Sadly, I cannot envisage us being among the contenders for promotion, as we are limited to the same players as last year, bar one mediocre free transfer in. 

When we were contenders for promotion... :unsure:

Wood scored 19 goals last year and Nugent scored 16. Knockaert may well get double figures also. Is 45+ goals not enough?

Ok correct me If I am wrong but where we not second highest scorers and second best goal diff last season or just about.

And did we not do fvck all in our last 15 or so games.

All we need is a season of consistancy oh and wood scored 11 of his goals for millwall.

Why do people think we are going to do so bad?

Oh and by the way we don't have money and never have had money our owners lent it to be paid back with intrest.

We can't afford to sack NP and even if our owners have money to lend us again FFP say's they can't.

Thats why we can't buy anyone and whatever we do if NP was sacked in jan the new man won't get nothing to spend.

Maybe a couple of loan players thats it.

And before you ask no I don't trust our owners and never really have I still think they are raping our club.

But I do think we are strong enough to mount a serrious challenge this season with NP incharge.

don't know how true this is.

heard that NP not happy since director off football brought in.

DoF knows pulis.

that FFP might be cover for not spending money until a new man comes in.

And Ferrgie has had his op so will be fit by the end of september.

1. Very few people if any on here are in the know whether that be a) who we’ve enquired about. b) Who’s enquired about any of our players. c) NP’s thought process on anything at all. d) Money available or not for whatever reason. Essentially, 99% of what is on here is a choice of opinion, best guess, speculation or utter bollocks.
  2. Schmeical, DeLaet, Morgan, James, King, Knocky, Wood and Nugent are players that most teams in this division would perhaps be glad of having in their line-up. Then add Schlupp, Dyer, Konchesky and a few others and it’s not that bad a line up in theory, though that again is opinion. My opinion is that we’ve not got a bad squad, whether it’s good enough compared with some others is another debate.
  3. For well publicised reasons, we’ve got what we’ve got. NP no doubt would probably like to sell Danns, St Ledger, Gallagher and others at a huge profit and reinvest but nobody in their right minds would want them at such exorbitant cost re wages and possibly other reasons so…not NP’s fault that one.
  4. Last year was a season of two halves to say the least and we finished in the top nevertheless so it could happen again, who knows. Many of our players had never played a full season anywhere and it showed, they’ve now gained some valuable experience.
  5. The constant negativity is now so mind numbingly boring. I really wonder why some people go down the ground or follow a forum as they are never happier when they are moaning on and on and on. If we won the bloody Championship there would be some kind of problem with the way we’d done it.

Nobody knows what goes on really behind the scenes. We may lose tomorrow we may not, either way, not the end of the world. Lets just at least start positive and give the boys a chance.

Not a lot we can do then, except I can't help feeling we've been idiots not selling a sellable asset to improve our evident weaknesses. He's known all along there's no dough unless he sells, yet he hasn't done? Perhaps he knew that if he did sell he still couldn't spend it so he's pleaded with the owners not to sell Kasper and Morgan? But it irks me when there's strong rumours the likes of Konchesky, Waghorn and a few others have had enquiries, I hope we didn't turn these down as that's just moronic for players who are leaving next summer for nothing.

Let's hope we have fostered an unbelievably and unshaking team spirit and that alone helps us compete. We have a half decent first 11 but other than that it's utter dog muck so we need to stay injury free. I see no evidence we'll do any better than last year but just like Birmingham last season compared to the eyar ebfore sometimes there's not a lot you can do. Just got to grin and bear it.

The emphasis must be on pace, that's what we lacked last year.

It's hardly an easy market to sell in though is it? With FFP a lot of clubs aren't buying and I think Pearson did well to get Beckford off the books.

Whether we experience success or failure this season is really quite simple.

It all depends whether the youngsters step up to the mark.

Knocky, Marshall, Drinky, James, Wood... This is a big season for them.

Forget Nugent, Morgan, King, Kasper.. They are all known, dependable quantities.

This is now the season that 'potential' needs to be turned into consistency. If it happens, we'll do well. If it don't, we won't.

For me, it really is that simple.

Tend to agree.

Many people seem to think a lack of signings means we've regressed. Not necessarily. If young player progress at a good rate, which I would expect at their age, then our squad will improve without having added to it. Find it a little silly to suggest no signings means going backwards, that doesn't have to be the case with a young squad.

It's Watford that astound me, crowds of about 11,000 and 14 new signings, even if they're on frees their wages will be astronomical unless Udinese are paying them? They're in for huge fines if they don't go up

Watford fans tell me their players' wage demands are low. Not sure how they could know this though.

Archived