Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

No more signings this transfer window.

What if Whitbread and SSL stay fit, we have 4 potential CB's so why not go with that that and then sign someone on loan if they get injuries??

After what we've seen of Whitbread I wouldn't be comfortable relying on him and Moore doesn't look as comfortable at centre back either to me. I think we'll miss Keane massively. There isn't enough quality in that position, especially if we're playing 3-5-2, I get the impression that formation might be scuppered due to not having enough players to play it half the time.

Best squad we have had since being in the PL, we have good cover in most areas, my only concern would be if Kasper or Morgan got injured.

This is the first summer in years we haven’t had wholesale squad changes, stability is key for me.

He did communicate it - it's on the official page. If you can't find it, not my problem:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/270713-pearson-takes-positives-949117.aspx

And for Nugent to be disappointed after just having found back from injury and not being able to play in a friendly against Monaco is completely understandable.

Pearson clearly wants him fully fit for the first competitive game, Middlesbrough the latest, hence he had to sit it out.

As for the lack of funds, we are where we are.

Nope - just read that as well - same guff, no mention of any players in that one at all, just disappointment with the the way we played. At least he tried a new formation out though.

'I think the biggest observation as far as I’m concerned is that we didn’t do enough with the ball. We didn’t create enough opportunities and not enough dangerous situations in possession.'

Doesn't sound too impressive

Moot point at the moment....if and when NP gets the elbow, we can see who is available and willing to come to us. Like I said before, maybe Nige is pre disastered and will never be as bad as he was Feb to May again (it would be rare to be that poor twice in your career) and he can surprise us all (well the naysayers at least) and deliver on all that good faith from his followers - here's hoping

Question nicely avoided!

It's a mess in my opinion. We have 2 CBS in Whitbread and SSL who have terrible injury records. Liam Moore isn't up to it. It's going to cost us.

Don't let your personal vendettas against players get in the way of your judgement.

Heaven knows I miserable now, reading your post.

The lack of signings as stated in the Leic Rag has more to do with a new manager coming in than this FFP rubbish.

I think that a few clubs will ignore the FFP in the hope that it will be kicked out of football.

Don't let your personal vendettas against players get in the way of your judgement.

Heaven knows I miserable now, reading your post.

The lack of signings as stated in the Leic Rag has more to do with a new manager coming in than this FFP rubbish.

I think that a few clubs will ignore the FFP in the hope that it will be kicked out of football.

I quite like Whitbread actually. Just don't think he will stay fit.

After what we've seen of Whitbread I wouldn't be comfortable relying on him and Moore doesn't look as comfortable at centre back either to me. I think we'll miss Keane massively. There isn't enough quality in that position, especially if we're playing 3-5-2, I get the impression that formation might be scuppered due to not having enough players to play it half the time.

Keane was ok but far from the finished article. Outmuscled alot and lost position alot.

Good footballing defender and will get better but Whitbread should be a more than able deputy 

I have no doubts about those two being capable of putting the ball in the net, the problem is the midfield IMO and not them. We need to start getting closer to them. We were at our best pushing players up the pitch, having people like Knockaert around them to play one twos etc. At the end of last year they looked so isolated and outnumbered we were going to lose out the majority of the time.

I think we all saw that to be honest, but we seem to disagree on why that was the case.

I have long put forward the proposition that this was caused by a conscious management decision to play more conservatively by not allowing our fullbacks to break quickly, keeping our creative players wide to hold our shape and playing our centre mids deeper.

All attempts to make us more solid, but all they achieved was to stifle our own attacking play by giving our defenders and mids no options to move forward quickly which put them under pressure so they had to try and force the pass or resort to the hoof.

I think these were management decisions and are the primary reasons that I think NFP is not good enough.

I have no doubts about those two being capable of putting the ball in the net, the problem is the midfield IMO and not them. We need to start getting closer to them. We were at our best pushing players up the pitch, having people like Knockaert around them to play one twos etc. At the end of last year they looked so isolated and outnumbered we were going to lose out the majority of the time.

Bang on mate, the lack of pace throughout the midfield has been a big concern for me. Knockaert has all the skill in the world but he has minimal pace and when he's getting no joy with his tricks he can be absolute mince. Just like he was vs Monaco. Marshall is the same, minimal pace and our attack can be starved. De Laet is crucial to us next season, especially in 3-5-2. If he can be the focal point in over-lapping and can work on his final ball then he'll be lethal. Dyer always gives us pace, but again his final product is frustrating but it still opens teams up.

I hope Nigel realises that we played our best games when we were ruthless on the counter attack, but to do that you need to attack with vigour and quickly. Marshall, Knockaert, Gallagher, Drinkwater are all too slow and certainly the first three if they play they must be the play maker who is looking to carve open defences for Dyer, De Laet, Schlupp, Nugent, Wood etc to run on to. Marshall and Knockaert are classic attacking midfielders so they must be used in the right way.

I think we all saw that to be honest, but we seem to disagree on why that was the case.

I have long put forward the proposition that this was caused by a conscious management decision to play more conservatively by not allowing our fullbacks to break quickly, keeping our creative players wide to hold our shape and playing our centre mids deeper.

All attempts to make us more solid, but all they achieved was to stifle our own attacking play by giving our defenders and mids no options to move forward quickly which put them under pressure so they had to try and force the pass or resort to the hoof.

I think these were management decisions and are the primary reasons that I think NFP is not good enough.

Who would you like in his place??

If we sell a saleable asset such as Schmeichel then we still may not be under FFP so that money may need to be banked rather than use the transfer fee & wages saved to bring a new GK and strengthen the back line & middle

This is presumably why NP has fought to keep them

The club has been stupid not paying off the likes of Danns, Gallagher & Wellens before the deadline though & sticking it on the owner fuelled debt mountain.

Plenty of people said the Sven-era will cost us for years & this is how... If only NP wasn't sidelined & effectively forced out after AFI was setup to take us over wanting a 'name' manager to blow untold fortunes

Bunch of naive *****

Not sure how much money Wellens-type deals actually save. When we hear his contract is "cancelled" it's easy to assume he's taken a hit - but I reckon he's been paid what he would have been paid anyway but released to find another club. He's just been released to stop him stinking the place out with his bad attitude. So his departure hasn't freed up money at all. In effect we're paying for a player who's not playing for us and might even play against us. Doncaster always wanted him but they couldn't afford him - now they can. So we've lost out in every conceivable way. This was the stupidity of offering bigger improved contracts to Gallagher and Wellens. We need to sell them but no-one who could use them can afford to buy them.

Bang on mate, the lack of pace throughout the midfield has been a big concern for me. Knockaert has all the skill in the world but he has minimal pace and when he's getting no joy with his tricks he can be absolute mince. Just like he was vs Monaco. Marshall is the same, minimal pace and our attack can be starved. De Laet is crucial to us next season, especially in 3-5-2. If he can be the focal point in over-lapping and can work on his final ball then he'll be lethal. Dyer always gives us pace, but again his final product is frustrating but it still opens teams up.

I hope Nigel realises that we played our best games when we were ruthless on the counter attack, but to do that you need to attack with vigour and quickly. Marshall, Knockaert, Gallagher, Drinkwater are all too slow and certainly the first three if they play they must be the play maker who is looking to carve open defences for Dyer, De Laet, Schlupp, Nugent, Wood etc to run on to. Marshall and Knockaert are classic attacking midfielders so they must be used in the right way.

Good post

Pearson has one year left with no sign of renewals, even if he stays he will probably lose his three best players. I'm hoping he just goes for it this year, get sacked for going for it not for staying safe.

Pearson has one year left with no sign of renewals, even if he stays he will probably lose his three best players. I'm hoping he just goes for it this year, get sacked for going for it not for staying safe.

Hahahaa perhaps him playing Gally at right back, Hopper at centre back and Schlupp at left back is a sign that he's prepared to field 10 outfield strikers in the hope for goals, goals, goals. Or he's pulling our pisser and hasn't forgot how we tucked him up and will shaft us.

Team spirit and determination can only get you so far but they are of course important we are still 2 signings short (central midfield and a centre back) imo.

Not often I agree with Happy Fox. This is no surprise but it's disappointing.

i dont understand whats going on at this club at all! owners who are supposedly billionaires but too stupid to think outside the box like watfords owners! absolute mid table at best with the squad we have now,not enough goals and easy to score agaist. very shit season ahead anyone accusing me of half empty glass if you are pretending to be positive your glass is half full of shit!

What are they going to do, loan us some polo players? They don't own another club like Udinese. Their mistakes were made in the Sven era, it's too late now.

This is going to be like the Levein and Kelly years, so utterly depressing, knowing that avoiding the drop is the best we can aspire to.  We may occasionally beat a big team at home to stir the juices, but in the main a drab draw with Sheffield Wednesday will be the norm.

Would love to know who advised the Thai's that Pearson was the man to get the club promoted, what a truly woeful piece of advice that was. 

It's like you've not even bothered to read the thread.

At least we won't be labeled with the BIG SPENDING Leicester tag this year, and we should be under the radar in terms of expectations.

Its good that we have managed to keep our squad together and not many changes will have to be made just more progression and we should be OK.

Oi, pack it in!

Advocating proper attacking football, that's my job..... :o

Very disappointing news. 

Who knows what's going on, CC_star you might be right when you say if we sold Kasper we still not might not be under the FFP so the money would need to be banked, or then again you could be wrong, it's frustrating and to be honest nobody really knows. 

The starting 11 is good enough, but the back up we have isn't. Other teams have strengthened considerably over the summer, it's probably only us and Brighton who haven't really done much. Whitbread & St Ledger are injury prone, Moore is inexperienced, and we still have has-beens in Danns & Gallagher on our books. If anything like last season occurs, when we had a massive dip in form, and the goals dry up, we will seriously be fooked, that we might have to deal with a mid-table finish. 

If Pearson had a brain, he would of sold Schmeichel & Konchesky. With this coming out, right now I would of actually snapped at the opportunity of selling Kasper for £2-3 million and having Hobbs as part of the deal. I wasn't Jack's biggest fan when he was here, but it would of cleared our defensive problems up, as Pearson said last week himself we are short of defenders. Then if we sold Konchesky as well who brings nothing to this side anymore, then we would of got even more money, plus his wages off our books. That would then allow us to bring in a new goalkeeper to replace Kasper & maybe another central midfielder then we would of been sorted. Then players like Danns & Gally might of been loaned out. 

I don't know what's going on, but I can't help think we've missed a trick here. 

If Pearson had a brain, he would of sold Schmeichel & Konchesky. With this coming out, right now I would of actually snapped at the opportunity of selling Kasper for £2-3 million and having Hobbs as part of the deal.

And perhaps Pearson would have if we'd actually received a bid for Konchesky or one as big as that for Kasper.

Its going to be tough being within an £8 million loss, even before Sven and the big spending we struggled to stay within that. I think remembering back even the 98-99 season with a successful cheap Martin O Neill team we made around an £8 million loss in the Premiership and wages were lower back then too.

I'm not convinced our starting 11 is good enough, that's my biggest issue. We only have one centre back who has looked up to standard since being here, left back...? Not sure, fingers crossed for Bakayogo. RDL is a weakness defensively.

In midfield we'll struggle if Knocky is used on the right. Dyer isn't really good enough.

Wood - is he capable of pulling his finger out of his arse and playing with a bit of determination? He needs to find the quality we haven't seen since January.

It's not completely hopeless; we've got a good goalkeeper, one of the best centre backs in the league, 2 potentially good strikers and some promising young players like James, Knocky, even Marshall and Schlupp. These players need to keep improving and that will do us the world of good. But there are too many weaknesses in the starting 11 for me, let alone the squad.

I won't make too many predicitions until I see us in league action and see what kind of start we have. But the top 2 looks well out of our reach if you ask me.

I think a select group of fans-assumably the 'Pearson out' regiment, need to keep their opinions to themselves.

This is the same team that was flying at the top half of the table at points last season, minus the loanees and the absolutely crucial input of Wellens-;)-I myself am slightly pleased to hear this news, it shows me that this team will not be disrupted by a bad signing or big name player, and will (in my opinion) be there abouts by the end of this upcoming season to shut a lot of the 'Pearson out's up.

I think a select group of fans-assumably the 'Pearson out' regiment, need to keep their opinions to themselves.

This is the same team that was flying at the top half of the table at points last season, minus the loanees and the absolutely crucial input of Wellens- ;)-I myself am slightly pleased to hear this news, it shows me that this team will not be disrupted by a bad signing or big name player, and will (in my opinion) be there abouts by the end of this upcoming season to shut a lot of the 'Pearson out's up.

Promotion would shut up a lot up but remains to be seen whether NP can do it or not, if he does he will get offered a new contract etc if not worrying times ahead.

And perhaps Pearson would have if we'd actually received a bid for Konchesky or one as big as that for Kasper.

Toffee or Bert said teams have enquired about Konchesky.

Schmeichel going would of been disappointing, but not the end of the world, at least we would of got money for him, his wages off our books, and Jack Hobbs as part of the deal.

We've missed a trick here Babs, selling Schmeichel & Konchesky would of made sense, it would of helped. 

Archived