Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

3 Centre-Backs Partnership

I think this is a position where we won't be good enough.

Morgan and SSL are fine together IMO and are the strongest two centre backs we have.

But we do need another older, more experienced, fit bloke to finish it off IMO.

Of the ones we have now, I'd go Whitbread first, then Moore.

Morgan

Moore

SSL

Whitbread

Taft

Hopper

Konchesky

Have all played CB this season or pre season.

With all due disrespect if ANYONE thinks Hopper, Taft or Konchesky are ever in the managers thoughts as a CB they should put their replica shirt on and go play on the motorway.

We have 4 viable centre backs, one of which is permanently injured. Not exactly the most difficult of choices.

IMO we need a left centre back that can play left back because sometimes there going to be pushing down in the normal left back position to get the ball and whitbread does not fit that criteria as i have seen him in it so far, still got time to get better at it though. 

Id go with Moore, Morgan and rock paper scissors SSL and Whitbread ;)

Hopper is a striker though & Konch a left back...

Anyway, Whitbread, Morgan, Moo

With all due disrespect if ANYONE thinks Hopper, Taft or Konchesky are ever in the managers thoughts as a CB they should put their replica shirt on and go play on the motorway.

We have 4 viable centre backs, one of which is permanently injured. Not exactly the most difficult of choices.

But the fact is that we have 7 players capable of playing CB, all of whom the manager has tried there...

Moore, Morgan & Whitbread. Morgan is about the only one of the four that doesn't make mistakes. Whitbread, St Ledger & Moore all do, and Moore being the youngest gets the nod from me. I'm also not a St Ledger fan, so Whitbread for me.

Really don't get people questioning Moore or saying that he makes mistakes. I can't think of many mistakes that he's made that have cost us a goal, whereas St Ledger on the other hand has scored own goals and made goal-costing errors.

For me, Moore is everything you want in a defender; fast, strong, good in the air, composed, good in the tackle... and he always looks like he wants it which is more than can be said of either St Ledger or Whitbread. If Moore plays like he did at Boro on Saturday then he'll save us more goals than he'll cost us that's for sure. Add in the fact that he's young and will only get better, I really hope he's given the time and chance to develop by being played now, particularly given how suited he is to the 3-5-2 which affords him the opportunity to play with two 'older heads'.

Moore - Morgan - Whitbread

This all day. Whitbread looked decent preseason and I hope he comes back soon. We've never seen him match fit really and he is a beast when on. Nearest to Taggs we have.

Moore - Morgan - Whitbread away from home

Moore - Morgan - St Ledger at home

Why would you play different home and away? 99% of defence is organisation and understanding. Not playing the same 3 would reduce the chances of that.

St Ledger -- Morgan -- Moore

The only issue is St Ledger isn't left sided which is why he had the problem Saturday when the cross came in. However, I just don't rate Whitbread. He might have only played a short time against 'Boro, but he looked too slow, his distribution was poor and he gave away too many fouls.

Archived