Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

3 Centre-Backs Partnership

When will people see that SSL is bang average.

I've said time and time again on this forum, he often gets outmuscled and he's not as good in the air as he should be.....

How people can come on here and slate the likes of Drinkwater on a daily basis yet defend SSL is beyond me

When will people see that SSL is bang average.

I've said time and time again on this forum, he often gets outmuscled and he's not as good in the air as he should be.....

How people can come on here and slate the likes of Drinkwater on a daily basis yet defend SSL is beyond me

Of course he's bang average, they all are, which is why they play for a second tier club. But, as proved throughout the Championship, you don't need stars to get promoted, just a hardworking and consistent bang average team (see Palace, Reading, Blackpool, Southampton, QPR, Hull, Cardiff).

Let's take into consideration that Jukebox (I can't spell it) will probably outmuscle most defenders in this division. We all knew St Ledger would have a struggle with him, I said it at the time. I still question why nobody controlled the number 19's movement to get the cross into the box in the first place which shouldn't happen. 

For most of the game on Saturday, St Ledger looked comfortable though. He is probably our best defender on the ball (apart from that backpass in the second half!). 

Of course he's bang average, they all are, which is why they play for a second tier club. But, as proved throughout the Championship, you don't need stars to get promoted, just a hardworking and consistent bang average team (see Palace, Reading, Blackpool, Southampton, QPR, Hull, Cardiff).

Let's take into consideration that Jukebox (I can't spell it) will probably outmuscle most defenders in this division. We all knew St Ledger would have a struggle with him, I said it at the time. I still question why nobody controlled the number 19's movement to get the cross into the box in the first place which shouldn't happen. 

For most of the game on Saturday, St Ledger looked comfortable though. He is probably our best defender on the ball (apart from that backpass in the second half!). 

He's not bad on the ball, i'll give you that but he's a weaker all round defender for me than Moore or Whitbread.

In this division you need someone that can battle and win his headers but he's not strong enough, bullied too easy.... Keane was the same last season

Why would you play different home and away? 99% of defence is organisation and understanding. Not playing the same 3 would reduce the chances of that.

Whitbread is more defensive and better in the air, away from home he would be more useful, than say St Ledger.

St Ledger would be better starting at home, because he is more of an attacking defender, he is a better passer than Whitbread as well. 

Really don't get people questioning Moore or saying that he makes mistakes. I can't think of many mistakes that he's made that have cost us a goal, whereas St Ledger on the other hand has scored own goals and made goal-costing errors.

Moore has made errors that cost goals, several in fact. At this moment other than Wes the others are much of a muchness.

Ship Konchesky out, get Roger Johnson on loan (we can play the 50% salary game!) - sorted.

I'd like to see Moore develop this season so Moore, Morgan,  Whitbread

yeah great just what SSL needs.........

a drinking partner.

pole?

Moore has made errors that cost goals, several in fact. At this moment other than Wes the others are much of a muchness.

yes moore has made some mistakes in the past but he's young and inexperienced! If we keep faith in him and play him regular i really do think he'll turn into a fantastic player.

WYS

I don't think we will ever get back to the Tags - Walshie - Elliott back 3. All 3 of those players used to score regularly unlike Wes, Whitbread, St Ledger and Liam Moore. Only Wes is in their class also. The more important thing for me is that 5-3-2 means we can have 3 central midfielders (King, James, Drinkw) that should allow us to compete more effectively than we did at the back end of last season. There's also more pressure on the wing backs to perform two roles. I think De Leat can do that but I am not sure about the left side. Perhaps Lloyd Dyer?  

Struggling to think of a Liam Moore error along the lines of an o.g., a stupid red card or something like an underhit backpass or giving it away on the halfway line with no cover. Whitbread and St Ledger on the other hand...

Archived