Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Nigel Pearson absolutely hates Ian Stringer!

anti players anti commentators what next anti food down the ground. most people on here need to get a life and stop moaning . if you carry on being anti whatever go and support someone else and post your shit on there forum

I was simply asking the question...

sky and bbc ask silly questions thats why he prefers them, they ask easy obvious questions.

A good reporter asks diffilcult questions to get answers to questions what fans want to know.

Whilst the likes of sky will say stupid questions like, "how did the game go today".

I think IS does his best, and when I cant get to a game he is best commentaor RL have had for some time.At least he is a fan,NP often gives the impression he  regards talking to the fans is beneath him an arrogance that will come back and bite him if thing donot go well.Often IS asks the questions we the fans would ask if we could NP has the right to refuse but a little grace would do his reputation no end of good.

There are two different Ian Stringers for me.

The one who is passionate about Commentating on Leicester games and Leicester goals. I like that one.

Then there is the gimp who asks mind numbingly stupid questions. And its not like its a one off that doesn't repeat itself... its not like he's only done it once... He keeps asking such silly questions...

If he hasn't worked out how to interview Nigel Pearson by now , then maybe its time for someone else to do that part of the Job? He knows what Nigel is like, he's had plenty of Practice , he knows what will get the best out of Nige and what will not, yet he doesn't seem to be learning.

Nigel isn't paid to be interviewed he's paid to manage the team, Stringer is paid to give interviews and is paid by taxpayers money and so has a responsibility to put his ego to one side and get the best out of Nigel. And as I have just said, he doesn't seem to of learnt how to do that after all this time and practice.. and STILL asks very silly questions that he KNOWS will just send him up a dead end and create awkward moments. And the reason I mentioned ego is because he seems to be intent on annoying Nige and I think he is secretly trying to make Nigel look stupid. That's just a guess though of course....

so this thread as turned into if you don't love pearson **** off . im not a stringer fan but he asks the questions most loyal leicester fans would like to here and would like a answer to . yes i said loyal goodbye

sky and bbc ask silly questions thats why he prefers them, they ask easy obvious questions.

A good reporter asks diffilcult questions to get answers to questions what fans want to know.

Whilst the likes of sky will say stupid questions like, "how did the game go today".

You think Stringer is a good reporter?

Either I'm naive (a definite possibility) or I just don't get the anti-Stringer feeling on here.

Sometimes he comes across as childish in his commentary, making a stupid joke about something that makes me cringe. But generally, I do think he asks pertinent questions and, more importantly, isn't afraid of asking them.

I've long felt its Pearson's responsibility to get on with the local media. Not because of Stringer himself, but because its usually Stringer that asks the questions we want answers to. If therefore, Pearson blanks Stringer, by definition, he's blanking the listening public. This isn't good.

However, the last two interviews I've heard Pearson give have been much better. More jovial, more constructive... Just better. So I'm hoping this continues and that we don't have a repeat of last season where, without a doubt in my mind, Pearson periodically came across as a cry baby.

so this thread as turned into if you don't love pearson **** off . im not a stringer fan but he asks the questions most loyal leicester fans would like to here and would like a answer to . yes i said loyal goodbye

hear hear.

But generally, I do think he asks pertinent questions and, more importantly, isn't afraid of asking them.

It's when he asks them and how he phrases them, not always the questions he asks.

You only have to go back to the Watford game where we lost 2-1, writing off the season, talking about Pearsons future etc when we still had Forest to play and only needed Bolton to draw.

There are two different Ian Stringers for me.

The one who is passionate about Commentating on Leicester games and Leicester goals. I like that one.

Then there is the gimp who asks mind numbingly stupid questions. And its not like its a one off that doesn't repeat itself... its not like he's only done it once... He keeps asking such silly questions...

If he hasn't worked out how to interview Nigel Pearson by now , then maybe its time for someone else to do that part of the Job? He knows what Nigel is like, he's had plenty of Practice , he knows what will get the best out of Nige and what will not, yet he doesn't seem to be learning.

Nigel isn't paid to be interviewed he's paid to manage the team, Stringer is paid to give interviews and is paid by taxpayers money and so has a responsibility to put his ego to one side and get the best out of Nigel. And as I have just said, he doesn't seem to of learnt how to do that after all this time and practice.. and STILL asks very silly questions that he KNOWS will just send him up a dead end and create awkward moments. And the reason I mentioned ego is because he seems to be intent on annoying Nige and I think he is secretly trying to make Nigel look stupid. That's just a guess though of course....

What? Pearson is PAID by us the fans who pay to watch the team so shouldn't he be keeping us sweet and keeping us informed etc and stop going in a Mardy when strings asks question that most of the time we want to know ourselves, Alo strings isn't paid by taxpayers money he's paid by the tv licence money

It's when he asks them and how he phrases them, not always the questions he asks.

You only have to go back to the Watford game where we lost 2-1, writing off the season, talking about Pearsons future etc when we still had Forest to play and only needed Bolton to draw.

Can't argue with that Babs.

But I think it's sometimes difficult to be diplomatic and ask the 'nitty gritty' at the same time.

And let's have it right... I would guess (it's only a guess) that very few of us really thought that we would beat Forest away AND that Bolton wouldn't win at home.

But I do agree, Stringer sometimes seems to bring Pearson's anger upon himself.

Can't argue with that Babs.

But I think it's sometimes difficult to be diplomatic and ask the 'nitty gritty' at the same time.

And let's have it right... I would guess (it's only a guess) that very few of us really thought that we would beat Forest away AND that Bolton wouldn't win at home.

But I do agree, Stringer sometimes seems to bring Pearson's anger upon himself.

The point being, you ask that type of stuff when the season is done and dusted. Those were the questions had we failed at Forest. Us winning a game and another team drawing a game on the same day is hardly an impossible task, I'd certainly not given up hope.

I've listened back to a few of last years interviews all still on the BBC site, he really lets himself down with some idiotic questions / points. Pearson is a grumpy git no doubt, but as you say stringer brings some of it on himself as it's like a red rag to a bull.

Either I'm naive (a definite possibility) or I just don't get the anti-Stringer feeling on here.

Sometimes he comes across as childish in his commentary, making a stupid joke about something that makes me cringe. But generally, I do think he asks pertinent questions and, more importantly, isn't afraid of asking them.

I've long felt its Pearson's responsibility to get on with the local media. Not because of Stringer himself, but because its usually Stringer that asks the questions we want answers to. If therefore, Pearson blanks Stringer, by definition, he's blanking the listening public. This isn't good.

However, the last two interviews I've heard Pearson give have been much better. More jovial, more constructive... Just better. So I'm hoping this continues and that we don't have a repeat of last season where, without a doubt in my mind, Pearson periodically came across as a cry baby.

About right Col

The point being, you ask that type of stuff when the season is done and dusted. Those were the questions had we failed at Forest. Us winning a game and another team drawing a game on the same day is hardly an impossible task, I'd certainly not given up hope.

I've listened back to a few of last years interviews all still on the BBC site, he really lets himself down with some idiotic questions / points. Pearson is a grumpy git no doubt, but as you say stringer brings some of it on himself as it's like a red rag to a bull.

your wrong what about the woods injury he did not give a  answer to the questionwhen asked about it. i wounder if it was alan green or mark chappers asking the question to  pearson  would they the same negative reaction on here and by pearson

Fair play..

:thumbup:

your wrong what about the woods injury he did not give a  answer to the questionwhen asked about it. i wounder if it was alan green or mark chappers asking the question to  pearson  would they the same negative reaction on here and by pearson

I'm wrong about Wood's injury? Where did I even mention Wood's injury?

But anyway, you are incorrect this is a transcript of the interview post Peterborough, the game he missed.

Question: What's the situation with Chris Wood Nigel

Answer: Yeah, he's picked up an injury so he's not available today.

Question How long is he likely to be out for?

Answer: Hopefully not too long

Question: And what's the nature of the injury?

Answer: He's just got a knock in training, yeah. So it's his lower limb and hopefully he's be ok.

Question: Is it knee, ankle, can you tell us any more?

Answer: It's around his knee area, but you know errrr you know I don't think I have to go into details of that as he's not going to be out for too long and hopefully be back very very soon.

The people making mountains out of mole hills with that interview were the usually muppets saying "He's had a fall out", "He's got a fractured knee and will be out for months". The answers were there from the start, if people refuse to accept or listen to the answers of the manager, and let their ridiculous hatred of his turn a simple interview into something else, then that's their problem and not his.

I'm wrong about Wood's injury? Where did I even mention Wood's injury?

But anyway, you are incorrect this is a transcript of the interview post Peterborough, the game he missed.

Question: What's the situation with Chris Wood Nigel

Answer: Yeah, he's picked up an injury so he's not available today.

Question How long is he likely to be out for?

Answer: Hopefully not too long

Question: And what's the nature of the injury?

Answer: He's just got a knock in training, yeah. So it's his lower limb and hopefully he's be ok.

Question: Is it knee, ankle, can you tell us any more?

Answer: It's around his knee area, but you know errrr you know I don't think I have to go into details of that as he's not going to be out for too long and hopefully be back very very soon.

The people making mountains out of mole hills with that interview were the usually muppets saying "He's had a fall out", "He's got a fractured knee and will be out for months". The answers were there from the start, if people refuse to accept or listen to the answers of the manager, and let their ridiculous hatred of his turn a simple interview into something else, then that's their problem and not his.

so know answer the second part of the question i asked then, or can't you. pearson as someone else has said early on in this thread needs to treat the local media better. 

so know answer the second part of the question i asked then, or can't you. pearson as someone else has said early on in this thread needs to treat the local media better. 

You didn't even ask a question, you made a statement. You said "I wonder" and didn't include a question mark. If you want an answer a question first needs to be asked.

If you really want one, how the hell would I or anyone else know? Should they ask some of the stupid questions Stringer does then they would probably get the same treatment. Generally they know how to conduct interviews, having been in the game much longer than Stringer... a reality tv wannabe.

You didn't even ask a question, you made a statement. You said "I wonder" and didn't include a question mark. If you want an answer a question first needs to be asked.

If you really want one, how the hell would I or anyone else know? Should they ask some of the stupid questions Stringer does then they would probably get the same treatment. Generally they know how to conduct interviews, having been in the game much longer than Stringer... a reality tv wannabe.

yes and a big leicester supporter.statement or not just stop your moaning about stringer and get your head out your arse. your not always right and your no god like person like some on here think you are

What? Pearson is PAID by us the fans who pay to watch the team so shouldn't he be keeping us sweet and keeping us informed etc and stop going in a Mardy when strings asks question that most of the time we want to know ourselves, Alo strings isn't paid by taxpayers money he's paid by the tv licence money

Hate to burst your bubble but even a club like Man Utd and their huge capacity get Just over 30% of their income from the fans, the rest is from commercial and tv money. There are managers all the time who send out their assistants to do interviews for them. Pearson is paid directly by the owners of the club and is accountable to them.

The TV license money, which is a tax in all but name, is paid directly by us.

I liked that interview. The 'problem' was he asked the questions that a national broadcaster would ask rather than a local one. Stringer's aim (not unreasonably) is to move onto bigger things than local radio, sadly he occasionally asks questions which aren't suitable for local media.

He does have issues with the phrasing of his questions but likewise Pearson isn't always the most accommodating interviewee. 

Archived