Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Nigel Pearson absolutely hates Ian Stringer!

I'd say that Pearson is the one being professional. He clearly doesn't value Stringer's opinion (can we blame him?) and Stringer has been known to ask some stupid questions at times but NP still stands there post-match and answers them, he could just send out Craig Shakespeare. Okay he may not give much away, but would he really do so if it was Jason Bourne asking the questions instead? He likes to keep his cards close to his chest and fair play to him. I definitely prefer it to Holloway's media drivel

Often he does, mainly after victories.

Pearson is always there after defeats.

Like I said in the Stringer and Young thread on Saturday I can just about stomach Stringer, albeit he does wind me up talking abit pointless, offbeat, subjects instead of talking about what is actually happening, his self loving Twitter page and asking stupid question that I can 100% understand why Pearson get's annoyed with. As for Young, can't stand the bloke, the sooner he finishes with Radio Leicester the better, unfortunately I think that'll be a while.

Biggest example I have heard recently is after the Monaco game. Pearson answered a a question about the squad in which he said he didn't expect any transfers, then instantly stringer asked him another question which was along the lines of "do you think there will be any transfers this week?"

Stringer has a job to do, and Pearsons responses aren't always clear so Ian does what every good journalist does and probes for information.

In fairness I think he is doing a sterling job, getting news from Pearson is like trying to draw blood from a stone at times! I tip my hat too him!

I felt a bit sorry for stringer last season, but think Nigel has given good interviews in both games, but come on stringer, the man couldn't make it any clearer that he will not be drawn on speculation, that clearly included our players.

You can see why he gets pissed off with Stringer, jesus christ.

Pearson had clearly stated he won't be commenting on speculation when asked about the 2 Arsenal lads so his next question is about the speculation around Paul Konchesky going to QPR. 

Give me strength. 

This is definitely a bit of blame on both sides situation.

BBC would probably be better served sending Jason 'Alright Fella' Bourne to interview the Manager, but credit to them for sticking with the ever scandal hunting Stringer.

Of all the things the Pearson out brigade criticise NP for, this is has to be the most ridiculous!

Who gives a ****?! Stringer is an annoying shit and deliberately tries to wind him up. I'd give him a shit interview too

This ........... 

Is a shit comment 

Oh Bill Anderson -he used to watch a very different game to the rest of us.Both need to get a sense of humour and remember where thr wages come from especially NP.Begood see a bit of enthusiasm from the club manager instead of the monotone.It should be shobiz but nigel manages to drag it down to a lower level.No cost for a bit of lightness and enthusiasium

Pearson doesn't like being asked questions about transfers and squad selection, the interviews usually go OK until either of these two subjects crop up

Stringer has to ask questions about transfers and squad selection otherwise people would ring in and complain

That's pretty much how it is

Pearson doesn't like being asked questions about transfers and squad selection, the interviews usually go OK until either of these two subjects crop up

Stringer has to ask questions about transfers and squad selection otherwise people would ring in and complain

That's pretty much how it is

Nope. People are pretty much guaranteed to ring up and complain regardless! I bet someone will call in on Monday's football forum and complain about Nige's trainers!

Much rather have nige and his dour interviews than the contrived cobblers that holloway used to spout having no doubt rehearsed it on his long suffering wife several times over beforehand. And nige comes across as a genuine decent bloke whereas holloway is a media concious small minded gimp with very little class, underlined by his latest shenanigans at crawley. http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10577282.Fan_is_banned_for__winding_up__Crystal_Palace_boss/?ref=twtrec

Much rather have nige and his dour interviews than the contrived cobblers that holloway used to spout having no doubt rehearsed it on his long suffering wife several times over beforehand. And nige comes across as a genuine decent bloke whereas holloway is a media concious small minded gimp with very little class, underlined by his latest shenanigans at crawley. http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10577282.Fan_is_banned_for__winding_up__Crystal_Palace_boss/?ref=twtrec

Yeah, because that 'number one' fan certainly showed 'class' there, didn't he? Embarrassing behaviour by someone who's been chairman of the supporters' organisation for 16 years.

Can't blame NP. He has to speak to Stringer, every game if not even more during the week. Would you want to be interviewed every week by someone who you thought was a moron?

At least with SKY/BBC, I imagine the interviewer would be different each time, and it wouldn't be as regular as Stringer is.

Latest shanninigans???

Did you read the article????

After 90 minutes of abuse he turned around and said "why don't you shut up?" .....

It's hardly worthy of the news print let alone you repeating it as a dig at Holloway.

After 90 minutes of abuse he turned around and said "why don't you shut up?" .....

It's hardly worthy of the news print let alone you repeating it as a dig at Holloway.

Really? When Pearson has done similar there have been lots ready to slate him on here.

Really? When Pearson has done similar there have been lots ready to slate him on here.

Really??

"why don't you shut up?" after 90 minutes of abuse by an opposition fan????

I should think it's one of the most restrained reactions you could possibly expect.

NP had an argument with one of our fans ..... to be fair that was kept very quiet on all sides i thought and didn't become a big deal. 

I'm sure this has been mentioned before. It's so stupidly obvious that NP hates Stringer, which I can understand to be fair as Stringer does ask some ridiculously stupid questions at times. I've watch NP interview with SKY for years, and with the rest of BBC and his general attitude is far more positive around those interviewers than it is with Ian Stringer. I just wonder why haven't BBC RL realised this and chosen someone else to interview him? Obviously I know Stringer is in charge of the football section of the radio but it does make the interviews awkward at times as well as boring at others...does anyone know any reason why NP dislikes him so much? He didn't try it on with his daughter, did he?

I'm sure this has been mentioned before. It's so stupidly obvious that NP hates Stringer, which I can understand to be fair as Stringer does ask some ridiculously stupid questions at times. I've watch NP interview with SKY for years, and with the rest of BBC and his general attitude is far more positive around those interviewers than it is with Ian Stringer. I just wonder why haven't BBC RL realised this and chosen someone else to interview him? Obviously I know Stringer is in charge of the football section of the radio but it does make the interviews awkward at times as well as boring at others...does anyone know any reason why NP dislikes him so much? He didn't try it on with his daughter, did he?

I'd say Ian Stringer dislikes Nigel more. 

But he loves that. His ego is so big he thrives off people disliking him. Just watch this for proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ZBmTTtr3g

I enjoyed that. Alan Sugar was never one for beating around the bush!  He reminds me, of me.  lol

Archived