Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Nigel Pearson absolutely hates Ian Stringer!

I'm sure this has been mentioned before. It's so stupidly obvious that NP hates Stringer, which I can understand to be fair as Stringer does ask some ridiculously stupid questions at times. I've watch NP interview with SKY for years, and with the rest of BBC and his general attitude is far more positive around those interviewers than it is with Ian Stringer. I just wonder why haven't BBC RL realised this and chosen someone else to interview him? Obviously I know Stringer is in charge of the football section of the radio but it does make the interviews awkward at times as well as boring at others...does anyone know any reason why NP dislikes him so much? He didn't try it on with his daughter, did he?

I like Stringer though. He asks questions which no-one else would dare ask and probes for information where others wouldnt. NP should put his childish feud aside and act professionally whether he likes him or not.

I like Stringer though. He asks questions which no-one else would dare ask and probes for information where others wouldnt. NP should put his childish feud aside and act professionally whether he likes him or not.

This, I think it says more about NP than IS. 

I don't think he 'hates' him, I just think he gets frustrated with the questions he sometimes asks. I think Pearson has to come over more 'nicer' with the national media, however, I've seen him get frustrated with them as well (think back to our 2-2 draw with Nottingham Forest).

Not an easy job for anyone...

In six minutes you need

post match reaction quotes

Follow-up story quotes (NP hoping x will recover from injury etc etc)

and preview of next match quotes  (NP looking forward to....etc etc)

it's all bollux but it has to be done to fill space in local media - the local radio quotes are used on lcfc website, bbc national website (leicester section) as well as radio leicester

And of course anyone with any sense of journalistic nouse or ambition wants to get a proper story - so I didn't mind Stringer pressing NP on Wood's mysterious injury pre Peterbro cos that's what he should be doing

It doesn't make the manager's job any easier but it's not hios job to make it any easier...

As someone who suffered under the Bill Anderson regime at the Mercury where critical analysis of the Shipman regime resembled political reporting inside North Korea, I'm glad we have someone who doesn't just go through the motions...

Of all the things the Pearson out brigade criticise NP for, this is has to be the most ridiculous!

Who gives a ****?! Stringer is an annoying shit and deliberately tries to wind him up. I'd give him a shit interview too

Ok, you must be one of those who wants to have Pearson's babies, I guess.

I think Stringer always asks about 2 or 3 questions to many. The interview after the Boro was fine until he start asking about player selection for Wycombe, which is pointless as Nige will never give up that info nor many other managers and the other dumb question was how will you prepare for the match? Which you could tell Nige felt like saying 'same way we always f~~~ing do'!

I don't used to hate Stringer but recently have found myself liking him more just for his excitement, but he needs to tailor his questions a little more to avoid asking questions which he knows he will not get an answer. 

Pearsons clear disliking for him won't change so im afraid we will have to put up with more cringey interviews all season

"And finally, just one from me.."

Are always the worst questions. He needs to just leave it instead of a question like the most recent interview where he asked if Pearson plays matches from previous cup tie meetings from the 80's in the dressing room before a game.

Surely these shit questions answer themselves!

Of all the things the Pearson out brigade criticise NP for, this is has to be the most ridiculous!

Who gives a ****?! Stringer is an annoying shit and deliberately tries to wind him up. I'd give him a shit interview too

Alright Nigel calm down.

stringer is a fan of lcfc and that is the problem - he sounds like a school child on newsround wetting his pants as he interviews his hero. I am afraid that Stringer doesn't have the gravitas and appears to want to be part of the matey-with-celebrity-culture. I swear to god he had a sticky upy once when interviewing Gally. He needs to place more space between him and the interviewees before he can be taken seriously as a journalist. I find Stringy puerile and childish and he needs to graft at the basics before cracking the jokes m- if he does that he will do far better. Jason Bourne on the other hand seems to have the right idea.  

I don't think he 'hates' him, I just think he gets frustrated with the questions he sometimes asks. I think Pearson has to come over more 'nicer' with the national media, however, I've seen him get frustrated with them as well (think back to our 2-2 draw with Nottingham Forest).

This is about the sum of it. IS asks stupid questions, or questions it would be unprofessional/self-defeating to answer. No manager is going to tell you if he thinks he'll be sacked, or if the 'injury' is a real injury, or if he thinks one of his players is a dickhead-if he did, it would be to the detriment of himself and the club. So why keep asking them, and being surprised if you get the brush off? If IS wants a scoop, he should get friendly with the kit man, or a secretary or the physio. The manager's job is to answer the questions as the face of the club, so it's going to be dry, safe answers...

I'd say that Pearson is the one being professional. He clearly doesn't value Stringer's opinion (can we blame him?) and Stringer has been known to ask some stupid questions at times but NP still stands there post-match and answers them, he could just send out Craig Shakespeare. Okay he may not give much away, but would he really do so if it was Jason Bourne asking the questions instead? He likes to keep his cards close to his chest and fair play to him. I definitely prefer it to Holloway's media drivel

Stringer is required to provide stories for RL. He's obviously going to ask questions to provoke controversy and something a bit more that any standard amateur reporter would ask. He doesn't need Pearson to like him as much as some fans would like - part of his job is probably to be annoying and equally, he probably knows that to a good extent. Does he care? Probably not!

As for thread originality, I'd give this 1 out of 10 as it's more annoying than Pearson's dislike for Stringer.

anti players anti commentators what next anti food down the ground. most people on here  need to get a life and stop moaning . if you carry on being anti whatever go and support someone else and post your shit on there forum

Archived