Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

St Ledger injured

This bloke had spent more time out injured than he had playing

Is he just one of them players ?

Like most on here your not the brightest.

SSLs injury is a trauma injury nowt to do with any joint of muscle weakness.

Likewise the injury he sustained last season was one of those that are very rare.

Give the guy credit he went to Germany to get treatment in an attempt to get back as soon as possible.

As for the so called drinking, urban myth enhanced by fans jealousy.

A player only has to be seen out and hes piss head on here.

Plebs!

Like most on here your not the brightest.

SSLs injury is a trauma injury nowt to do with any joint of muscle weakness.

Likewise the injury he sustained last season was one of those that are very rare.

Give the guy credit he went to Germany to get treatment in an attempt to get back as soon as possible.

As for the so called drinking, urban myth enhanced by fans jealousy.

A player only has to be seen out and hes piss head on here.

Plebs!

Oh dear, Ken's upset again because someone's been rude about his best mate SSL. He's here like clockwork every time someone dares to suggest that SSL is a poor player (which is true) or a crock (also true).

hear we go plenty of arseholes who seem happy that ssl is out and come up stupid ideas how he got injured. .

I'm not happy he's injured, happy he's out of the team though. Hopefully Miquel will come in and displace him for the rest of the season. If SSL can work his way back in on merit, then great - but I can't see it.

My view on SSL is that he can be a very classy player. The problem with him is he is also prone to some really bad mistakes, and is very injury prone. We don't know the reason he gets injured so often, but it certainly doesnt help us as a club, nor him in getting any kind of run in the team.

There's zero chance of him getting a new deal with us, what would be the point

• 2 weeks later...

With SSL on the Ireland teamsheet (perhaps just in case) for both Ireland's upcoming games - Sept 6th (Sweden) & 10th (Austria), does that mean he might well be fit to play - via the bench or is it just a matter of he needs to be on the teamsheet due to be technical ruling so he can play in further games?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23836431

How much is he on then?

I'd say he's on less than 12 of our other players.

Still don't let the truth get in the way of an urban myth.

I think you're letting a myth get in the way of a fact. Still I'm sure you can list the 12 players paid more and their wages for us. It is a matter of printed fact that SSL is on high wages and City would be happy to let him go if they could get an offer.

Not sure it will be that easy to sell him if he's out for 6 weeks - takes us past the transfer deadline day - Loan is the most hopeful until January

I don't think we'll be able to sell him, it was just a wish.

With SSL on the Ireland teamsheet (perhaps just in case) for both Ireland's upcoming games - Sept 6th (Sweden) & 10th (Austria), does that mean he might well be fit to play - via the bench or is it just a matter of he needs to be on the teamsheet due to be technical ruling so he can play in further games?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23836431

I think the Irish are just hoping he'll be able to play, it's not hard for them to remove him from the squad at a later date.

I think the Irish are just hoping he'll be able to play, it's not hard for them to remove him from the squad at a later date.

It's wishful thinking for the Irish. We are desperate for cover at CB, and against decent sides such as the Swedish & Austrians (well, better than the Irish are currently!) we'll be hammered. I watch Dunne this weekend, and though it's great he's back, he's not the player he was, and isn't fully fit. 

With Wes having back problems, and knowing that back problems (if it's an actual real injury) reoccur, we might see big Wes out again at some point later in the season, we'll need everyone at the pump, as Whitbread isn't exactly made of granite.

• 4 weeks later...

Back in action against Norwich under 21s today, does anyone think there will be a place for him when he's back to full fitness with Moore doing great and the signing of Was? even then there's Whitbread, saying that who would you rather have at the back, St Ledger or Whitbread?

Archived