Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

3-5-2 Does not suit our sqaud

Drop one of Drinkwater/James/King and replace with Knocky who can play behind the front two, certainly at home if not away from home. Other than that, give Zoom a crack in the LWB role, it just doesn't suit Konch at all.

Right formation, wrong location!! This was a great formation and team selection for an away game, but to leave knockaert, dyer, wood etc on the bench at home was criminal. To have 0 shots on target against a team who were not particularly interested in attacking was a disgrace.

I think NP should employ the tactic away, as the defence looked rock solid. At home we have to be more adventurous, certainly against a team like Leeds who will do well to finish above mid table.

Agree... really thought we would see two slight variations on the 3-5-2 with one attacking and one defending. Perhaps once the team settles down a bit and is more comfortable in the new format we'll see a gradual switch to a more attacking... at least that's what I'm hoping.

I can certainly see why we'd want to keep things tight to start off with and get the players used to the system - especially on the defensive side. I would imagine that after a few games, we'll start introducing a more attacking element, where Schlupp, Bakayogo, Marshall and Knockaert will have important roles to play.

Konchesky at LWB just doesn't work. Dyer or Schlupp would be better. And I also don't understand why Knockaert dousn't start as this formation is almost made for him. Whitbread is also shite and Miquel willl be much better as (hopefully) we will start playing from the back instead of stupidly bypassing the 5 man midfield.

I agree Konch as not a wing back or LB thats why Leeda ,in the first half, kept putting long balls into the LB position.We nearly got caught a couple of times.ZW had to cover and I for one have NEVER seen prof football player who just cannot pass a football.He was awful.

Give it a chance.

Our problem yesterday was the lack of attacking/creative players. Bring in Knockaert as the advanced CM, Miquel as the ball-playing CB, Bakayogo as the pacey LWB and then I think we'll look more threatening.

Lets be honest Leeds were a drab side they were there for the taking we didn't do enough to win the game, at home the impetus should be on us, we weren't good enough, until Knockaert and Wood came on.

In a nutshell.

One of the reasons for changing formation is we got overran by a 3 man midfield many times last season. That won't be the case this season. As many have said we need to give it time, and we need to get our more creative players on the pitch knocky was brilliant when he came on, that would have happened if we hadn't changed formation, the formation is a good one, we just need to iron out a few kinks and not play ill players. The fact we switched so effortlessly to 442 is another positive sign. Leeds caused us no problems and we kept and clean sheet and created the best chances. The only thing I would like to see is to be able to change formation without changing personnel, that would mean starting with Knocky, in 532, then Moore moving over to right back, RDL playing right wing and knocky or Vardy playing left. It would be great to set up 532 keep it solid, then switch to 442 for last 15 minutes of the first half, then come out second half 532. Fluid football.

Whilst Knocky can do a job on the wing he needs to be inside behind the strikers - everything that was good came through him with Dyer on the outside or him putting through Chris Wood. Unfortunately there's only room for one player to play in the hole behind the strikers which means Kingy becomes second choice IMO and not slotted in elsewhere.

Hi everyone

To be honest, as some have already said, I really don't see a problem with 352.  I think there are two issues slightly holding us back at the moment which hopefully can be resolved given a little tweaking and a little time.  The first issue is that the formation is new and has to be given a few weeks before it can be properly assessed and judged.  The second is that, yes, I think the personnel were slightly wrong yesterday but hopefully NP saw that too and will make the necessary adjustments.

I think at home we have to be a little more attacking.  If I were the manager (and obviously I'm not, I'm a sad little, small penised loser like the rest of us on here pretending I could be a manager when in actual fact I have little to no managerial experience outside Champ Manager 01/02) I would like to see a line up at home of either:

Schmeichel

Moore Morgan Miquel

RDL                            Schlupp

King      James

Knocky

Vardy     Nugent

Or:

Schmeichel

RDL Moore Morgan Konch

King James

Knocky Marshall Dyer

Nugent

I think with a little more time and a few more attacking players on the pitch the 352 could be a useful and dangerous formation.

I think the team we played yesterday could be very good away from home where we struggled last year.  We never looked in trouble yesterday and whilst, yes, it was rather a dull game, it is important to sort out the back first, keep clean sheets and then work from those foundations to become a little more creative.

I feel fairly confident after the start we have and so many people moaned last year about having no Plan B that I cannot quite fathom why the same people are now crying out for 442 again.  It is nice to know that we can play both formations and I believe both will be used over the season.

Anyway, come on you fvcking foxes!!!!

In NP we trust!!

Rumble

X

Totally disagree Mack.Okay, the match was woeful from a footballing perspective and for us only improved second half of the second half. Having said that 3-5-2 does work.

Positives: Thought de laet and Konch did well against a battling side. Morgan and Moore were immense. They never really bothered us and even the tip by Kasper at the death I think would have hit the post at best. Clean sheet and at times we played some good triangles. 2 mates oof mine from Leeds both independently said we had the better players and we will click to do well.

Negatives: Once again I truly believe that our midfield needs that terrier that we have lacked for seasons now. Also crossing a ball into Vardy and Nugent at height aint gunna work. We didnt play well but we grafted a point and move on.

Totally disagree Mack.Okay, the match was woeful from a footballing perspective and for us only improved second half of the second half. Having said that 3-5-2 does work.

Positives: Thought de laet and Konch did well against a battling side. Morgan and Moore were immense. They never really bothered us and even the tip by Kasper at the death I think would have hit the post at best. Clean sheet and at times we played some good triangles. 2 mates oof mine from Leeds both independently said we had the better players and we will click to do well.

Negatives: Once again I truly believe that our midfield needs that terrier that we have lacked for seasons now. Also crossing a ball into Vardy and Nugent at height aint gunna work. We didnt play well but we grafted a point and move on.

Well said.

Two of which we won, and drew the other. It's not like the results have been disastrous.

It's the personnel at the moment which needs changing, not the system. We need some creativity in the midfield, and a LWB who can defend and get forward for much of the match. I think Schlupp would be ideal at LWB, but we're yet to see him play there.

It's crucial to play between the lines in this system, but currently we're playing three flat, defensive central midfielders so the strikers have next to no service. It's not rocket science that we create much more when Knockaert is in a free role as he's able to find the gaps between the opposition's defence and midfield, and everyone (including the wing backs) suddenly have more options on the ball. I think Marshall would do alright in the hole too as, although not as creative as Knockaert, he is more suited to central midfielder as defensively he is better and doesn't give the ball away as much as Knockaert.

The potential is there, we just need to use it right, and I think we will eventually. We just need to be less defensive minded.

This analysis is spot on.  We have the perfect squad for 3-5-2, but Nigel has so far selected a rather cautious team from the squad.  Konch is not good enough going forward, but Schlupp is tailor-made for it.  The new signee (his name's too complicated for me!) and Dyer are possibly acceptable alternatives too.  De Laet is perfect on the right but was ill yesterday.  More inventiveness is need over midfield selection (or maybe just more work on how they interplay) if we are to be a threat going forward.

This analysis is spot on.  We have the perfect squad for 3-5-2, but Nigel has so far selected a rather cautious team from the squad.  Konch is not good enough going forward, but Schlupp is tailor-made for it.  The new signee (his name's too complicated for me!) and Dyer are possibly acceptable alternatives too.  De Laet is perfect on the right but was ill yesterday.  More inventiveness is need over midfield selection (or maybe just more work on how they interplay) if we are to be a threat going forward.

Schlupp is NOT tailor-made for it.... He cant defend.

Konch is a much better defender than Schlupp and has better positional discipline due to his experience.

I think Bakayogo will be the man

I think a few of the fans are not giving things time to settle down ,i went to the game yesterday and in my opinion leeds looked a pretty good outfit and i thought both sides canceled themselves out i thought both defenses  played well, i must say that i think vardy has come on loads since last season ,the only thing i did notice was that the system didnt seem to suit konchesky could he be out of sorts or mybe a little past it for us now, only time will tell,but overall not a bad game at all for me.

Konch is a much better defender than Schlupp and has better positional discipline due to his experience.

I wouldn't say Steve Guppy was a particularly amazing defender either (wouldn't or couldn't tackle). But he caused a threat going forward and put in a shift. No reason someone like Dyer or Schlupp couldn't do that.

The way we are currently going is 532 and not 352.

I wouldn't say Steve Guppy was a particularly amazing defender either (wouldn't or couldn't tackle). But he caused a threat going forward and put in a shift. No reason someone like Dyer or Schlupp couldn't do that.

The way we are currently going is 532 and not 352.

Yeah fair point although i would say Bakayogo has to be then next option after Konch otherwise its a pointless signing.

Im guessing he just needs more fitness then we'll see him

Defensive ability is not so important in a WB as opposed to a FB.  I think Schlupp's defensive ability is good enough (and he's likely to improve that quickly with some playing time in that role).

However, I agree that Bakayogo is the more likely to be played as our RWB.  I presume he was bought with that role in mind and I hope he grows into that in the first team soon.  Not having seen him I have no idea how likely, or quickly, that will be.

Archived