Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MANFACE

Vardy.

Lcfc2013, on 18 Aug 2013 - 3:58 PM, said:snapback.png

Without causing them problems? So his goal against Boro wasn't a problem?

His flick yesterday didnt create a goal?

He didnt play a pass that put Wood through?

Give the guy a break! He's been the best of our 3 strikers this season so far so lets get behind him

I like him, I also thought that the side put out against Derby was the most balanced I've seen for some time and hope they can continue to play Vardy Wood and Nugent together, Jamie and David work back like midfielders and gives the opposition something to think about.  Come on you blues

Just needs a bit of training on his touch and finishing. Pace and workrate is definitely there for all to see, but his attacking positioning still reflects a lower league player. All in good time though, i'm sure he's working very hard to learn how to better his trade. 

He's still the bang average player from last season. Lots of bustle, lots of chasing, very little quality. He's maybe a bit more comfortable at this level now, and knows what to expect from opposition defenders.

As for comparisons with other strikers in our squad I'd rather have wood back bang in form than vardy (obviously if I can have both in form that would be nice).

He started well last season, too...

Not to say I'm not backing him at the moment, but I'll wait to see how he does further along the season. But I'm glad he is making his mark early on. What he's doing at the moment and the way he is playing right now is for the good of the club, so I'm happy!

Come on guys, whilst it is nice he has started well, it takes alot more than three games to be considered as changing his class. Remember junior lewis had 3 good games in a row once and he was utter turd. Well played jamie, keep it up.

I fail to see how it is. Iain Hume has scored more goals for us at this level than Vardy. He currently plays a level below because that seems to be his standard.

If you were to ask City fans who is better Iain Hume or Jamie Vardy I'd imagine most fans would say Hume owing to the fact he scored 9, 13 and 11 goals in three seasons.

Wood and Nugent do have limitations but this is a thread about Vardy. If you would like to see my criticisms of Wood and Vardy then feel free to look in their respective threads or in most post match threads.

You cannot compare him to Hume.

By the time hume had joined us he had already played 6 games in the football league...thus far vardy has only played one.

He's still the bang average player from last season. Lots of bustle, lots of chasing, very little quality. He's maybe a bit more comfortable at this level now, and knows what to expect from opposition defenders.

As for comparisons with other strikers in our squad I'd rather have wood back bang in form than vardy (obviously if I can have both in form that would be nice).

Disagree.

So far this season he has performed better than Nugent and Wood, whilst also scoring more than Charlie Austin.

Nugent isn't a player which has a lot of technical ability in my opinion either, but he has made a career for himself.

Disagree.

So far this season he has performed better than Nugent and Wood, whilst also scoring more than Charlie Austin.

Nugent isn't a player which has a lot of technical ability in my opinion either, but he has made a career for himself.

Disagree - good all round ability - good with his head, has two good feet, makes intelligent runs, finds space for himself. Best striker at the club by miles, not because of the goals he scores, but because he has the ability to pull defences around and often is marked more closely than others, allowing more space for our other strikers.

Disagree - good all round ability - good with his head, has two good feet, makes intelligent runs, finds space for himself. Best striker at the club by miles, not because of the goals he scores, but because he has the ability to pull defences around and often is marked more closely than others, allowing more space for our other strikers.

Agree with this. Works his socks off and a lot of his effort can often go unnoticed. 

He has more loose touches than anyone in our team. 

He has more loose touches than anyone in our team. 

What more than Wood, Dyer, Knockeart, Vardy, Drinkwater, Waghorn - you must be watching a different team to me. The bloke hasn't had a pre-season yet shows the class that made him an International player. Nugent will score you 15 goals a season, Vardy hopefully will match him. Just running around does not make you a good striker, it's the intelligence of the runs.

You cannot compare him to Hume.

By the time hume had joined us he had already played 6 games in the football league...thus far vardy has only played one.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not but are you claiming that I can't claim that one day he might be as good as Iain Hume because Iain Hume was better than Vardy is now?

Disagree.

Have they disallowed Austin's goal in the league cup then?

Archived