Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MANFACE

Vardy.

I will quite happily admit that the lad is proving me wrong so far this season.

He was our best striker today by some distance, has applied himself pre season and gained fitness, pace and confidence and if this continues his million pound price tag might look a bargain.

He showed Wood today how it should be done, with drive, commitment, determination, skill, pace. He chased lost causes and we benefited as a result.

I never thought he would make the grade. With all the night club brawl stories and the abject performances I though he was a waste of money, but he is ramming that back down my throat and I am delighted he is.

Credit where it is due.

From what I posted in the post match thread:

Vardy is slowly but surely proving me wrong and I'm very happy to admit it, I actually quite like him at the moment, he is playing very well and adding something to the team, something that annoyed me last year, but 2 goals won't completely impress me or prove me wrong, but he can't do alot more can he really?! Just keep persisting and keep the good work up!

Well done Vardy. He's going up in my estimations, game by game, just keep it up! As for Wood, he needs to pull his finger out.

See? I do give credit where credit is due, I am more than happy to be proved wrong, I don't want players to fail so I can moan about them, but if they are playing poorly and 'failing' I will note it and moan about it, fair enough isn't it? As I do when they play well and do good for the team - As I am doing with Vardy!

MOTM today for me.

I bet dangerous tiger and monsell are gutted. Vardy worked his socks off, showed skill, class and guile, had a great game and scored a goal.

Read my post above.

I'm not defending DT or Monsell they can fight their own battles, but like me I would presume they were just frustrated with him and frustrated with the persistence of him being played at times last season.

He's improved ten-fold so far this season, hopefully he keeps it up.

No-one wants someone to play poor/fail but if someone comes in who I don't think is playing well and failing i'm gonna say something about it, moan about it, as I do when they play well, i'll praise them, if they do it on a consistent basis i'll admit i've been proved wrong and credit where credit it due, I'm more than happy i'm being proved wrong.

If someone slags them off they aren't disappoint when they play well, or i'm not, i'm more than happy, but if they are playing poor i'm not just gonna sit there and not saying anything incase they come good, I'm gonna make an honest assement of them.

I've been one of Vardy's biggest critics aswell.

• 3 weeks later...

He's getting there, I admit, I quite like him now, still not the finished article but he is getting there.

I will also take back what I said about him and for once i've been proved wrong and very happy to be in this position.

See? I don't want to slag a player off, but if they aren't very good i'm not gonna sit there be happy they are wasting a place in the team, I'm more than happy if a player who isn't playing well then proves me wrong and i'll always admit when i'm wrong.

He's getting there, I admit, I quite like him now, still not the finished article but he is getting there.

I will also take back what I said about him and for once i've been proved wrong and very happy to be in this position.

See? I don't want to slag a player off, but if they aren't very good i'm not gonna sit there be happy they are wasting a place in the team, I'm more than happy if a player who isn't playing well then proves me wrong and i'll always admit when i'm wrong.

Agreed he was poor last season, and I feel the criticism was warranted, but fair play to the lad.

The problem he has now is to maintain this level of performance, he started bright last season but faded, but at present his contribution to the team is important and Defo adds something different to the team.

I think he was quality today. His control has improved massively, but it was the runs he was making today that really stood out for me. Playing on the shoulder of the last man and then spinning off behind him got us into some great positions, not least in winning the penalty. And even when he dropped a little deeper there were at least 2 occasions where excellent touches put Nugent in for a chance.

Much improved player and I think if we play as a team how we did today, then Vardy is going to keep on getting better. Was torn for motm between him and Moore today.

Because people seem to think football is all about amount of goals scored for a striker, amount of clean sheets for a defender and amount of tough hard challenges as a midfielder. football is about the best team, not the most gifted individuals or the ones with the coolest haircut.

Its no coicidence that when Vardy is in the team we do better. Making runs of the ball dragging defences over the place, pressuring off the ball causing mistakes from opposition, teamwork, positioning, understanding amongst alot of other trates are always un noticed by your average person.

Hes clearly not the most technically gifted footballer, but he is a good all round team player and understands the game well. Were a better 'TEAM' when hes part of it..more movement and brings the best out of the rest of the players.

Only just seen this. Totally agree with every single word. +1

Even at the start of last season when we were playing well Vardy was in the side, he just seemed to have zero confidence.

He's had his transformation year and he's come back a much better player than he was last season.

Makes the game hard for defenders and easier for his strike partner and the midfielder.

Long may it continue.

Glad he is shutting some of our utter clueless fans up!

As usual with our fans one good game your a world beeter.

One bad game and you the biggest pile of shite since the elephants arsehole was invented.

Must be the only club where you can live of the back of one display for ever.

Looks a lot stronger this season, last season he looked like he weighed 9 stone wet through.

Easy to forget he's not hard long playing full-time with high quality, professional training facilities. He probably wasn't all that naturally fit last season.

There were 2 major criticisms I always had of Vardy, one being he didn't shoot enough and the other being that he didn't do anything with his left foot. So far this season, there are no signs of these, so I really can't complain. Still the same work-rate and still the same unselfish play but he seems to have finally realised that sometime he needs to be selfish. 

He hasn't just had one good game, though, has he? Bellend.

Arn't we the hard man today.

I never said he had did I.

What I was saying is one game for most of our fans makes or breaks you for life.

Most were slagging him off last year and some still are.

Yet his form is better. Not his fault he did not do a bamba in his first game then made for life.

Even though bamba was pretty shite.

Archived