Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MANFACE

Vardy.

From what I saw on the video highlights and also from what I've heard, he is coming on in leaps and bounds.

It was too early last season for him to make a massive impact. I think this might his season.

What do you think ?

Players who come from the non-leagues always struggle in their first season but come on leaps and bounds in their second. Just look at Austin, Beckford when he first signed for Leeds, they just need time to adjust, I'm not saying he's going to bag 20+ but he has certainly started much brighter than he was last term.

Players who come from the non-leagues always struggle in their first season but come on leaps and bounds in their second. Just look at Austin, Beckford when he first signed for Leeds, they just need time to adjust, I'm not saying he's going to bag 20+ but he has certainly started much brighter than he was last term.

When you say Austin I assume you don't mean Charlie Austin.

Vardy is the same as he was last season

He already looks better than last year, the last three performances from him have been pretty decent. At the moment Vardy isn't the problem up front, we just need to find him a good partner because so far both Nugent and Wood have been disappointing. 

I said throughout the summer that people wrote him off too quick. The jump from non league to the second tier is massive, and most players would struggle to make an immediate impact.

Vardy is your typical former non league player though. His work rate has always been excellent, and I like him for that because as a fan, I want to see my players give 100% every game.

He has seemed to improve. I like him playing in a three/two. His work rate is always going to create chances, and his pace is always going to cause problems. He is pretty decent in the air as well.

Always wanted him to do well since he arrived. Looks like he's getting there now and improving all the time. People forget the level he was at before to the level he is at now. Bound to take time to settle in and get used to it.

No one can fault the lads effort, but I just don't think he will cut it at this level.

Despite all his hard work and endeavour he offers no real threat, but is a nuisance for defences without causing them to many real problems.

For a team wanting promotion he in my opinion should be a squad player and not a regular starter as I cannot see him achieving 15-20 goals a season, were as wood and nugent have both achieved this, would I keep him around the squad or loan him out, if we sorted the left back out I would play schlupp as a back up striker over vardy, but credit to vardy he's worked hard over the summer and hope he proves my opinions wrong, but I'm not getting excited about his progress.

No one can fault the lads effort, but I just don't think he will cut it at this level.

Despite all his hard work and endeavour he offers no real threat, but is a nuisance for defences without causing them to many real problems.

For a team wanting promotion he in my opinion should be a squad player and not a regular starter as I cannot see him achieving 15-20 goals a season, were as wood and nugent have both achieved this, would I keep him around the squad or loan him out, if we sorted the left back out I would play schlupp as a back up striker over vardy, but credit to vardy he's worked hard over the summer and hope he proves my opinions wrong, but I'm not getting excited about his progress.

I totally agree.  :thumbup:

Without causing them problems? So his goal against Boro wasn't a problem?

His flick yesterday didnt create a goal?

He didnt play a pass that put Wood through?

Give the guy a break! He's been the best of our 3 strikers this season so far so lets get behind him

Give the guy a break! He's been the best of our 3 strikers this season so far so lets get behind him

We've played 3 league games.

His attributes and his limitations appear the same as they were last season, until that first touch is improved he'll always struggle to be a consistent threat. That's not slagging him off, that's not 'hating' him it's simply expressing a fairly widely held opinion. If he can marry his hustle and bustle with greater composure then he 'might' one day be as good as Iain Hume.

He started alright last season as well but didn't get the goals and seemed to burn out a bit. He hasn't got the goals yet and could still burn out, so whether he has improved remains to be seen. Credit to him though as he has obviously worked hard enough in training to warrant being given another shot at it. Lesser men would have given up.

We've played 3 league games.

His attributes and his limitations appear the same as they were last season, until that first touch is improved he'll always struggle to be a consistent threat. That's not slagging him off, that's not 'hating' him it's simply expressing a fairly widely held opinion. If he can marry his hustle and bustle with greater composure then he 'might' one day be as good as Iain Hume.

lol, so comparing him to a player who plays in a lower division isn't slagging him off?

Do Wood and Nuge not have limitations? In fact, tell me 1 striker in this division who doesn't have limitations and I will shut up

lol, so comparing him to a player who plays in a lower division isn't slagging him off?

Do Wood and Nuge not have limitations? In fact, tell me 1 striker in this division who doesn't have limitations and I will shut up

Conor Salmon. Feed the fish. Best striker in the world

I fail to see how it is. Iain Hume has scored more goals for us at this level than Vardy. He currently plays a level below because that seems to be his standard.

If you were to ask City fans who is better Iain Hume or Jamie Vardy I'd imagine most fans would say Hume owing to the fact he scored 9, 13 and 11 goals in three seasons.

Wood and Nugent do have limitations but this is a thread about Vardy. If you would like to see my criticisms of Wood and Vardy then feel free to look in their respective threads or in most post match threads.

Sorry I did say in my opinion.

Now to your opinions, the goal at boro, heavy first touch did really well to finish, other than that easy to read, for the defenders.

So he passed the ball to wood and flicked towards the goals, I am sure any of our strikers could have done that, that doesn't contradict anything I said, my point is ok he's a nuisance for defences but I cannot see him scoring anywhere near enough goals, and he wouldn't be a starter "for me", as I feel we have better options than him.

I also stated he's worked hard over the summer and wished him well, so why I am I getting on his back.

As much as he works hard, I am sorry but some players won't cut it at this level, will vardy cut it? I don't think so, but I did state hope he proves my opinion wrong.

So before getting your knickers in a twist read what I put, yes I don't rate him ' my opinion', am I getting on his back, no, I wished him well and praised him for his hard work to improve.

Yes he has worked harder than nugent and wood up till now, will he be better than them over the season, and contribute more attacking wise or score more than them two over the season, I doubt it, but that's my opinion, and i won't get excited if I'm wrong, or if someone see's it differently.

I think he's comparing him to Hume when Hume played for us. Similar in some ways, lots of endeavour, hustle and bustle type striker that chases lost causes & scores goals but isn't prolific. The question is whether Vardy will 'train on' and become something better.

Archived