Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MANFACE

Vardy.

Our best striker currently without doubt..... Who would of thought that at the end of last season

Me.

I said in the summer I was expecting a big season from Vardy. IF Pearson played him. Well he has and it's paying off.

His pace is his main asset. Now he needs to start hitting the net more frequently. We are seeing a more hungry, enthusiastic Vardy. His first touch (his main downfall) has improved and he looks more confident.

Me.

I said in the summer I was expecting a big season from Vardy. IF Pearson played him. Well he has and it's paying off.

His pace is his main asset. Now he needs to start hitting the net more frequently. We are seeing a more hungry, enthusiastic Vardy. His first touch (his main downfall) has improved and he looks more confident.

Fair play. To be fair, i always said we should keep him but maybe loan him to a league 1 club to sort his confidence but to his credit, he's done that himself.

Lets hope he continues performing

Disagree completely. Fantastic finisher but questionable all-round game.

I do agree Dan.

Give Rhodes half a chance and he'll bury it. For this reason I can see BTS point. But Rhodes all round game is nothing special. He's not especially strong or fast for that matter. I think he'd struggle at Premler level or would just look average.

What a brilliant performance tonight! Such a selfless player, so much energy, so much pace. 

Ran two huge runs in the last 20 mins after running himself into the ground, endlessly pressing them. 

Best Moment: Running 15 yards back into midfield, winning the ball back from the defender, laying it off to king, and then back on the goal line to harass the keeper after saving King's shot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see his interview on east midlands today, erm, today, he mentioned how tough he found the step up and getting hammered by the fans on twitter. But then said it motivated him to get the fans on side. So was it justified to hammer him last season as it has given him more motivation this season, despite destroying his confidence last season?

Anyone see his interview on east midlands today, erm, today, he mentioned how tough he found the step up and getting hammered by the fans on twitter. But then said it motivated him to get the fans on side. So was it justified to hammer him last season as it has given him more motivation this season, despite destroying his confidence last season?

I cant believe youre even enticing the morons to start slag off our players moreso than already!

Got a clip from said interview?

I cant believe youre even enticing the morons to start slag off our players moreso than already!

Got a clip from said interview?

Not got a clip anywhere, although there is an interview with him on foxes player might be the same one.

Just thought it was interesting, first that he was "hammered on twitter" his words, but then how it was a good thing as it made him want to improve to show the fans what he was worth. Paraphrasing slightly, the interview was about 60 seconds long after they had a big wank-a-thon over the Derby Forest match, some ex-ram clown claimed it was the equal of the Merseyside and Manchester derbies :crylaugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Delighted for him again today. He's been like a breath of fresh air this season.

Ok so he's not going to bag 25 goals a season but his work rate at pace is sensational. Had my doubts about him last season but I'm so glad to say I was wrong. Keep it up

Delighted for him again today. He's been like a breath of fresh air this season.

Ok so he's not going to bag 25 goals a season but his work rate at pace is sensational. Had my doubts about him last season but I'm so glad to say I was wrong. Keep it up

I agree, it was so embarrassing when he was getting stick last season bearing in mind the jump from non league to championship. Major credit to Nigel for sticking to his guns re Jamie.

I worried last season that the gap between non-league and this level was too far. But he's clearly worked really hard to become one of the best players of this season so far. Great goal today, always runs his socks off but more and more looks clued up enough to do good stuff. The chant from L/K post match was well deserved...

Archived