Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Route 1 Leicester (Poll)

Route 1 Leicester (Poll)  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Does Route 1 suit us? And can anybody remember when it benefited us in bringing us a win from being behind?

Vardy is decent in the air but he's obviously not going to win anything against the monsters we seem to be playing every week. The strikers we've had recently that are/were supposedly good in the air have been tall but not had the desire or the actual willingness to head a ball.

Someone like Kermogant would actually be suited to us right now as he gets the jump on players and is strong enough to win headers - the home game against Charlton last season was an example of this, Wes was getting beaten time and time again as a result Kermogant scored, assisted and created numerous chances which lead to a defeat.

In our current side we just don't have an aerial option, Liam Moore's long throws are dangerous but nobody has that presence in the box which can not only win the header but put it at least on target,from corners we look better this year but we don't look likely to score which is a real shame as corners can be very dangerous especially considering how many we get.

Generally if our style of play isn't working against a particular side we revert to hoofing it which ultimately puts us under more pressure as nobody can win the ball - so we change to a style of football that is frustratingly more ineffective, so I hope that Nige recognises this problem and signs a player on loan or in January that is capable of winning headers as a player to come off the bench.

We would have got a draw today apart from the mistake.

4 points from two away games would have been great, we ended up with 3 which is fine.

Drinkwater, King, Knockaert and Dyer saw plenty of the ball so it wasn't all launched long as you suggest.

In fact I thought the performance today was pretty typical of our performances this season apart from the mistake.

There is no need for negativity and frustration, I see no wheels coming off our cart. Now please tidy up your toys get back in your cot and get some sleep ready to be a positive help to the side after the international break.

Lose one away game and the mouth breathers come out of the woodwork.

Exactly, spot on, Nod.E!

I know it's disappointing when your team plays crap and/or loses, but....

Football is a game played by 2 teams in which, unless it is a draw, 1 team loses. The sad news is that, for all sorts of reasons, the losing team will sometimes be yours. If you can't accept that, you really shouldn't attend football matches.

Leicester have not been a "route 1" team this season, by a long chalk. Mainly we're a quality possession side, moving the ball and trying to create openings. Sometimes, we play it long, mixing up tactics, which is a good idea. Sometimes we get the execution right, sometimes we get it wrong... Sounds like we mainly got it wrong and played crap today. C'est la vie!

Tell you what, though....if a couple of long balls had led to a couple of goals, and we'd won 2-1, this thread wouldn't exist!

Part of the point of football is that it mirrors life - sometimes things go well, sometimes they're crap. Shame that some people don't seem to understand that and expect permanent glorious success....you're going to find life a bit disappointing, then, lads!

It is a result in over eagerness by players who are attempting to get a result.

Another game i would throw in was bristol city away in our first season out of league one.

They scored in the 91st.....then from kick off hobbs launched the ball 50 yards to the head of kermogant who flicked it on for dyer to score in the 92nd - you will not see a more route 1 goal.

Categorical no as we don't have a single forward who is good in the air. It's as simple as that.

exactly!! but I get scalped if I ask why by moronic leicester city fans :) same old eh

Bar the last fifteen mins when we were desperately trying to score, I didn't even think we did play hoof ball today!

Unfortunately there are only 2 of you I have seen that agree, suppose we all see the game differently

We would have got a draw today apart from the mistake.

4 points from two away games would have been great, we ended up with 3 which is fine.

Drinkwater, King, Knockaert and Dyer saw plenty of the ball so it wasn't all launched long as you suggest.

In fact I thought the performance today was pretty typical of our performances this season apart from the mistake.

There is no need for negativity and frustration, I see no wheels coming off our cart. Now please tidy up your toys get back in your cot and get some sleep ready to be a positive help to the side after the international break.

Agree, hardly throwing toys out of my pram after 1 loss..

It's the frustration of watching my team hoof the ball to 6 ft 7 defenders for 75 minutes....

And to be honest, Im not so sure at the moment (Don't get me wrong, ive said we will go up every year since league 1)

But I don't think unless we sign someone who will actually score goals consistently from OPEN PLAY, we will end up having teams come to us and play like doncaster week in week out, 

We are not scoring enough from open play to warrant that we have a cart at all In my opinion, I can see it being a tough few months, look at November/December fixtures, we need to be up there come christmas. then ship some out and get some in, although we are playing the best football we have for 10 years, we still don't seem to have that 'Cutting edge'

We have a very good balance, but players are overrated at this club, and we are not the premiership club a lot of our fans seem to think.

I really really want to see us promoted, but unless we get another winger in, or a consistent midfielder, I can't see it happening tbh,

King is quite consistent but we never have king, james and drinkwater all consistent at the same time, and no point king having a great run of form if he's the only player in midfield/attack with form.... 

Nuge is only scoring pens, Vardy is working his arse off creating chance after chance after chance only for us to waste or hit it high and wide.

At the end of the day it is Pearson who dictates the style, rightly or wrongly, so all of the above comments are directed at him folks.

A manager can pick any style he wishes, but if the players don't play in that style (whether due to a lack of ability, commitment, effort etc) then there is not much a manager can do.

I myself am pretty sure that NP did not tell the players to launch ball to their center half for the majority of the game, considering.....

a) He used to be a center half himself and would know the strengths of Jones.

b) we have not done it all season.

I recall watching a couple of games last season at the KP and it was the same.. Launching the ball into their box only for it to be headed away by their CB and us losing possession. As I was watching this game I thought perhaps they would twig on that it ain't working or possibly NP could have brought Futacs on. Didn't happen of course and subsequently we did not get the 3 points needed.

Nice to hear they have learnt their lesson :|

It's simple we haven't got the players that have an airiel threat going forward, so the long ball game doesn't suit us, and at Doncaster it's was frustrating watching an average defender dominating our strikers due to us persisting with throwing long balls up to the strikers.

Archived