Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Nigel Pearson's job here

Guest MattP

Not directly, but i'm referring  to him being a good manager or not, in my opinion good managers win things, l think thats what this game is about, winning !

What do you think of Dario Gradi, David Moyes, Brendan Rogers and Steve Clarke as managers?

Southampton who were already involved in a relegation battle when he took over and Carlisle who were in League Two?

How dare he only keep those clubs up, surely he should have been winning the Premier League with those teams, Pearson Out, OFF WITH HIS HEAD! etc. :frantics:

He's still not a winner !

By the way,  he didn't save Carlisle, he put them in that relegation position, he was the manager for 35 games.

He's still not a winner !

By the way,  he didn't save Carlisle, he put them in that relegation position, he was the manager for 35 games.

He took over in December when they were in the relegation zone. So no, he didn't put them in that position. Not only did he not put them in that position but it was his first job in management 15 years ago so I think maybe you're clutching at straws a little bit?

Winners win things, Pearson is not one of lifes winners unfortunately. If you use winning division 3 is a mark of his achievement, then so is getting a certificate for swimming a length of the pool.

What would he need to win with Leicester to be a winner then the Fifa World Club Cup?

Winners win things, Pearson is not one of lifes winners unfortunately. If you use winning division 3 is a mark of his achievement, then so is getting a certificate for swimming a length of the pool.

**** off away from my club.

Carlisle fans seem pretty thankful to the chap, I'd trust their judgement on his job at Carlisle more than yours

Well the owners weren't were they, they got rid of him. Are you sure the Carlisle fans where thankful to him ?  as he put them in danger of going out of the league and fluked survival on the last day.

Grady  and  Rodgers have won promotion, not sure if Moyes as won anything.

He took over in December when they were in the relegation zone. So no, he didn't put them in that position. Not only did he not put them in that position but it was his first job in management 15 years ago so I think maybe you're clutching at straws a little bit?

He was actually manager of Carlisle for 30 games not 35, but guess how many he won of those 30,  that'll be 5 thats 5, five !!!!   How in this world is that him saving the club from relegation as opposed to putting them in the relegation position !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was actually manager of Carlisle for 30 games not 35, but guess how many he won of those 30,  that'll be 5 thats 5, five !!!!   How in this world is that him saving the club from relegation as opposed to putting them in the relegation position !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure he didn't get them relegated.

Pretty sure Carlisle were in relegation zone when he took over.

Ergo, I'd say that is him saving the club from relegation as opposed to putting them in the relegation positions.

Well the owners weren't were they, they got rid of him. Are you sure the Carlisle fans where thankful to him ?  as he put them in danger of going out of the league and fluked survival on the last day.

But as I've already pointed out they were already in danger of going out of the league when he took over. In fact he took them from being in the relegation zone to being outside the relegation zone.

Grady  and  Rodgers have won promotion.

But a minute ago you were saying 'second is nowhere', now winning the play-offs is good enough. And Gradi's promotions didn't come at a level higher than Pearson's promotion did they?

Guest MattP

Grady and Rodgers have won promotion, not sure if Moyes as won anything.

So a manager who finishes 3rd over 46 games can be worse than one finishing 6th on one match?

And despite the fact on his ten years at Everton that saw him walk into the Man Utd job you aren't convinced he's any good because you don't know if he has won anything? lol

Maybe they should have gone for Holloway on his play offs wins...

Also Carlisle and Southampton, but still only won Division 3.  Winning is winning, not finishing 5th, as they say "first is first and second is nowhere" !

O'Neill finished 5th in this division in 1996 = nowhere in your definition.

Unlucky, Martin.

Unlucky, Martin.

Finished nowhere in the Premier League as well. He was clearly clueless.

The exclamation mark is also my favourite form of punctuation.

Pretty sure he didn't get them relegated.

Pretty sure Carlisle were in relegation zone when he took over.

Ergo, I'd say that is him saving the club from relegation as opposed to putting them in the relegation positions.

by winning 5 in 30 ! wow, thats easy then !

Sounds like BNET wants us to do a Blackburn and sack our manager whilst doing well and reaching 3rd spot. That worked out well for the rest of their season...

l just said he's not a winner, am l wrong ?

by winning 5 in 30 ! wow, thats easy then !

Would like to see you try and save a club from relegation...

l just said he's not a winner, am l wrong ?

And then you went on to belittle him even more by criticising him for saving a club from exiting the Football League. 

Pearson's made steady but decent progress in his managerial career so far. I'm happy he's with us to take himself and the club to the next level, hopefully, so to speak. 

He's a winner already in many eyes, and he can become a winner with us. Lighten up a bit.

Sounds like you'd be disappointed by finishing 2nd in this league. Losing out on the title but getting promotion to the Premier League. What a crap manager Pearson would be if that happened.

Unlucky, Martin.

Not comparing just said he's not a winner. By the way did MON win anything, if so l would class him as a winner, unlike Pearson.

By the way did MON win anything, if so l would class him as a winner, unlike Pearson.

But Pearson has won 'something', so he must be a winner?

Maybe it's time to go back to Bentleys and have a good cry about the mean spotty prepubescents on Foxes Talk, because you're obviously not going to win any of us round.

Archived