Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Nigel Pearson's job here

So winner have to win from day 1??? 

Look at anything in life, Peter jones is worth around £400,000,000 His first business venture failed.

alan sugar.

Cant be arsed with any more.. but what the **** do you expect to be frank?

Please enlighten us on how to manage Leicester city, With no budget, Overpaid players who do not want to be here, FFP ready to slam down fines on us unless we change, and one of the most competitive leagues ever?

I suppose unless somebody comes in and storms the league with the reserves most of our fans will not be happy....

Our club is nowhere near perfect, and can improve alot in alot of areas.

but what NP has done here and nearly achieved is phenomenal on what he inherited, Nearly is the case so far, he's had 3 seasons.

Shall I say Sir Alex Ferguson yet? 

Yeh, but he's not a winner is he.

Winners win things, Pearson is not one of lifes winners unfortunately. If you use winning division 3 is a mark of his achievement, then so is getting a certificate for swimming a length of the pool.

He's well respected at Carlisle and Southampton for the jobs he did there.

I'm so glad we have Nigel Pearson as our boss right now.

He gets far too much unwarranted stick even in situations like now where we find ourselves in a good, solid position with nearly a quarter of the season gone. He's done a hell of a lot to rectify all of Sven's errors whilst simultaneously getting us playing good football and making us a competitive side. Majority of fans thought it was a bad idea not to buy many players over the summer. I always disagreed with this - Pearson knew what kind of squad he had and knew they were capable of improving and bettering last season's showing and for me, so far so good. I know it's a really cliche saying as a Leicester fan, but Pearson really did keep the faith with the squad from last season. And he's rebuilt and improved the squad under strict financial constraints. He deserves further praise for making us a competitive side and getting players in who show some love for Leicester and not players who think they are bigger than Leicester. 

But for all the hard work and success (and potential success he could bring?) there are still far too many people who were negative from the start of either appointment and have never been able to shrug off that negativity no matter what he does. He just can't satisfy some people whatever he does. 

I think it's time that those haters eat some humble pie and enjoy what we have at Leicester City right now. We're in a good place and without wanting to use another cliche, this really could be the season we go up. All we need is faith and belief and togetherness.

He also gets warranted stick as well. He is tactically impotent.

I think many people on here are belittling L1, ask Leeds, Man City, Forest etc, how easy it is to get out 1st time round. He did the job required.

Whilst I agree he fell short last season, I think the 1st time round play-offs was a bonus, 2nd time the wheels well and truly fell off what should have been promotion drive.

It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with all the money sven spunked up the wall.

I'd also like to know what you think the problem with young fans seeing Pearson as a relative success, is.

I have more of a problem with the age group that grew up thinking Leicester are a top 10 side and win cups, that is what the O'neill generation grew up with, let's be honest, us being back in the top flight had been a long time coming (under little) and then o'neill, we had had some real dross before that and apart from the odd season of success, we have always been a yo-yo club.

I'm not saying pearson can't do more and I hope/expect that he will and once in the top flight I think we may have another O'neill style period, but MON raised the bar and expectations for a whole generation that didn't know David Pleat.

I thought I was posting a constructive inoffensive post, but you clearly think I have a problem with the younger fans, where you got that from I don't know, I have no issue with younger fans seeing Pearson as a success, because in our recent history he has made us competitive, without having success, yes league one is a success but that's all he has won in his managerial career, and what I'm saying is that it's now or never to be a success for us, as yes the fans and owners want/ need success sooner rather than later, not expecting it but to secure the clubs future, as without it soon we will be in the shit.

And yes we have always been a yo yo club, but we have had the relegations but not the promotion in recent history.

Also I had the pleasure of going during the oneil era, and yes it was great, but that doesn't mean I expect to be a top side, and I was also there under a shit manager in David pleat, so I have seen the good the bad and the ugly following city.

My original post was saying that Pearson has done a steady job here, but has he got the ability to take us a stage further?, as I said the jury is out, but we do seem stronger this year but is it enough.

And to add to the comment about Pearson having the money to spend that Sven had, he wasn't given an open check book but until this season he has had good money to spend, but choose to buy young unproven players, but has wisely choose to add a bit of experience.

As I say I don't expect to be successful out of being spoilt by oneil, but I want success as with the investment in the club all round, everything has been put into place, but till now the team hasn't lived up to their potential.

And there is nothing to stop Pearson creating an era like oneil, if he has the ability, but again the jury is out.

I thought I was posting a constructive inoffensive post, but you clearly think I have a problem with the younger fans, where you got that from I don't know, I have no issue with younger fans seeing Pearson as a success, because in our recent history he has made us competitive, without having success, yes league one is a success but that's all he has won in his managerial career, and what I'm saying is that it's now or never to be a success for us, as yes the fans and owners want/ need success sooner rather than later, not expecting it but to secure the clubs future, as without it soon we will be in the shit.

And yes we have always been a yo yo club, but we have had the relegations but not the promotion in recent history.

Also I had the pleasure of going during the oneil era, and yes it was great, but that doesn't mean I expect to be a top side, and I was also there under a shit manager in David pleat, so I have seen the good the bad and the ugly following city.

My original post was saying that Pearson has done a steady job here, but has he got the ability to take us a stage further?, as I said the jury is out, but we do seem stronger this year but is it enough.

And to add to the comment about Pearson having the money to spend that Sven had, he wasn't given an open check book but until this season he has had good money to spend, but choose to buy young unproven players, but has wisely choose to add a bit of experience.

As I say I don't expect to be successful out of being spoilt by oneil, but I want success as with the investment in the club all round, everything has been put into place, but till now the team hasn't lived up to their potential.

And there is nothing to stop Pearson creating an era like oneil, if he has the ability, but again the jury is out.

I don't have a problem with your post. I don't have a problem with anyone who supports our club.

However i do think we need to be realistic. We are never going to be a utd, spurs, city, liverpool. Do i think we can compete with everton, villa etc. Yes. But so do leeds, wolves, west brom, southampton, forest derby. This list is endless.

All with grounds and facilities etc that are of similar stature. Sven proved lobbing money at it doesnt work. Just as peter taylor did before.

I want us to be a top flight club. But it may take time. To state pearson only won l1, how many of the hundred or so active managers have won anything?

Maybe after 12 years of manager after manager we should give one a bit of time. Esp under the current constraints. What happens if we dont get there and the financial implications is a different issue. Not pearsons issue.

I don't have a problem with your post. I don't have a problem with anyone who supports our club.

However i do think we need to be realistic. We are never going to be a utd, spurs, city, liverpool. Do i think we can compete with everton, villa etc. Yes. But so do leeds, wolves, west brom, southampton, forest derby. This list is endless.

All with grounds and facilities etc that are of similar stature. Sven proved lobbing money at it doesnt work. Just as peter taylor did before.

I want us to be a top flight club. But it may take time. To state pearson only won l1, how many of the hundred or so active managers have won anything?

Maybe after 12 years of manager after manager we should give one a bit of time. Esp under the current constraints. What happens if we dont get there and the financial implications is a different issue. Not pearsons issue.

I tend to agree that stability is good for the club, if the the person in charge is making progress, and I am not saying Pearson isn't making progress, this season will show if they have, but if the season follows the last two, how long do we give the manager to meet the clubs ambitions, another season, or as long as it takes, even if that's another 5 years?.

You state that the financial side isn't Pearsons concern, but it is as the club have given him a lucrative contract with expectations attached, I personally don't think he will get anywhere near the million a year he's on now, if he was to be offered a new contract, and to be fair I suspect promotion was the main objective when he was given a 3 year contract, and in the owners eyes he would have failed, if we failed to get promoted this season, and they wouldn't renew it.

And the expectations of club since the Thais arrived has grown massively, but for me I see us more in the Southampton mould, medium sized club, good fanbase, and expected to bounce between the top two divisions, so I personally have no delusions of grandeur but would like a bit of the good times back at the club I follow, instead of the mediocre existence we have had for to many years.

I really hope they all get it right at the club this season, firstly because I support the club, and secondly to balance the books, as I wouldn't want to end up like Portsmouth or cov.

And to be fair as much as we debate Pearson and wether we live off past successes, we all want the club to be successful and we are all frustrated about not getting promotion, especially after we threw it away last season, after being in such a good position.

Anyway let's hope this season brings back the feel good factor.

lol Has anyone read this bit? 

At West Ham in 1994 we had two pre-season friendlies on the same night. One team went to Billericay and I took a group to play my old club, Oxford City. 
The minute the match started, this bloke next to the dug-out started giving me earache. He wasn’t nasty. There was no foul language, but he did look a picture. He had a T-shirt on and shorts and every spare inch of him was covered in West Ham tattoos. He didn’t fancy Lee Chapman, our striker, one bit.
‘We ain’t got him up front again, have we Harry? Please don’t pick him, he’s a donkey. He’s useless.’
On it went, he wouldn’t leave me alone. I made two substitutions at half-time and one early in the second half and now we just had the bare XI. With that, we got an injury. I had no other option. I turned round to big mouth. 
‘You’ve got some old bunny,’ I said. ‘Can you play as good as you talk?’ 
‘I’m better than Chapman,’ he said. ‘Right,’ I said. ‘Get your gear on.’ He thought I was  joking. ‘What do you mean?’ he said. ‘You’re playing for West Ham,’ I told him.
He came back, kitted up and stood on the touchline. ‘Where do you play?’ I asked. ‘Up front,’ he said.
‘Right,’ I said, ‘we’ll soon see if you’re better than Chapman.’ And on he went. Oxford’s announcer came down and wanted to know who the sub was. ‘Didn’t you watch the World Cup?’ I asked. ‘That’s  Tittishev of Bulgaria. He scored three goals.’
‘Oh yes,’ he said, nodding wisely. ‘I thought it was him.’
Anyway, he scored. We couldn’t believe it. He ran round the field like he’d won the World Cup — we were killing ourselves on the touchline. 
The lads all signed his shirt and he was in the paper the next day with the biggest grin you’ve seen. And he was right. That night, he was better than bloody Lee Chapman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2449933/Harry-Redknapp-book-The-day-I-played-West-Ham-fan.html

How can you make an informed judgement about whether or not he's likely to be successful in the future if you're not watching us play?

http://www.fansonline.net/leicestercity/mb/view.php?id=618827

It might interest you to know that some of our morons on here have decided that 'he's changed' this season, so maybe if you were watching us you'd share that view.

So some people are no longer morons because they now agree with you.

Thanks

When did I say that?

The people I'm referring to are still morons.

Read it again. You certainly DO infer that people who have changed their views are morons. You lack an understanding of your own language.

To call people who don't agree with your point of view, morons, is pathetic in the extreme. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you seem unable to comprehend this fact.

I have been guilty of calling people the same in the past, but now accept it was wrong. Try doing the same.

Read it again. You certainly DO infer that people who have changed their views are morons. You lack an understanding of your own language.

I didn't infer anything at all, you obviously lack an understanding of language in general.

I said those people were morons, yes.

Hackney then said that I implied they were no longer morons, which isn't the case. Correct?

I don't think that Nigel Pearson has changed very much, I think he's still a very good Championship manager. I also think that the people who dismissed him and are now back-tracking, are stupid. I completely understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I'd be reporting every single post if I didn't, but I also have a right to say that I think they're dead wrong.

I didn't infer anything at all, you obviously lack an understanding of language in general.

Hackney then said that I implied they were no longer morons, which isn't the case. Correct?

I don't think that Nigel Pearson has changed very much, I think he's still a very good Championship manager. I also think that the people who dismissed him and are now back-tracking, are stupid. I completely understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I'd be reporting every single post if I didn't, but I also have a right to say that I think they're dead wrong.

I am one of those morons in your eyes, and I'm not back tracking on anything, what I stated about Pearson last season in my opinion it was warranted, and I stand by it.

What I have done is stated a fact that he's had a good start, and appears to have made improvements, and up till now seems to have learnt from some of his failings last season.

I didn't want him here after last season, and personally don't think he has what it takes to get us promoted, but it's an opinion you clearly don't share, so clearly I'm a moron.

All that said wether I wanted him to stay in place or not he is our manager, and if he gets it right I will praise him, if he gets it wrong he will be get constructive criticism from me.

If this makes me a moron, **** it i am, but the end of the season will show if he's good enough, and without trying to be moronic I hope he succeeds.

l'm not back tracking and l don't know anyone else who is, its in your head mate.

l'm not back tracking and l don't know anyone else who is, its in your head mate.

I didn't say you were did I? I said that the people who've gone from thinking that Pearson is incompetent to thinking that he's suddenly a good manager overnight are back tracking.

I used to really like HR as a manager, I remember the time Leicester tried to get him in (think it was after MON?? And he was DoF at Portsmouth if memory serves) and being very excited at the prospect of him coming in. 

In the last couple of years I've really come to dislike him, however. Seems like it's all about him, he comes across as very self-interested. As others have said, it seems that article is more about Redknapp trying to cover his arse from last season.

I could never imagine Nigel Pearson coming out and writing that sort of article. He drops the occasional hint in his interviews about the squad he inherited when he came back, but he prefers to be under-stated and let the football do the talking. Think the squad looks healthier now, with more unity and team-ethic. I only wonder where we would have been now had we stuck with him and never brought Sousa/Sven in.  

I didn't say you were did I? I said that the people who've gone from thinking that Pearson is incompetent to thinking that he's suddenly a good manager overnight are back tracking.

l don't know anyone like that !

I used to really like HR as a manager, I remember the time Leicester tried to get him in (think it was after MON?? And he was DoF at Portsmouth if memory serves) and being very excited at the prospect of him coming in. 

In the last couple of years I've really come to dislike him, however. Seems like it's all about him, he comes across as very self-interested. As others have said, it seems that article is more about Redknapp trying to cover his arse from last season.

I could never imagine Nigel Pearson coming out and writing that sort of article. He drops the occasional hint in his interviews about the squad he inherited when he came back, but he prefers to be under-stated and let the football do the talking. Think the squad looks healthier now, with more unity and team-ethic. I only wonder where we would have been now had we stuck with him and never brought Sousa/Sven in.  

Given that, in his two full seasons we've been in the top six and so far this year we've started very well, when he has a pre-season or momentum in the squad we are usually challenging. And we'd have saved a lot of money on signings and compensation.

Not sure if we'd have gone up, you can never be sure, but I think we'd have had a good 2010/2011 season.

Archived