Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Nigel Pearson's job here

Just think about the amount of time, in both of Pearson's tenures, that we have spent in the top 6 of the division we are in. Pearson is a great managerSomeThats 

Thats good is it ? Leicester is the 8th biggest city in England and the 2nd biggest city with only one team and you think hovering around 24th to 30th place in the football world makes him a great manager !  God help us if that is all thats expected from LCFC.  

He's a loser, always will be.

Thats good is it ? Leicester is the 8th biggest city in England and the 2nd biggest city with only one team and you think hovering around 24th to 30th place in the football world makes him a great manager ! God help us if that is all thats expected from LCFC.

Seems you already have your mind up. For me, yes that's good. We have one of the youngest squads and have always made progress under Pearson. Size of the city means jack shit, a top half finish for Birmingham would be decent this year. Get some ****ing perspective.

Good enough to be consistently in the bottom part of the top 26 clubs in the land..........

Haha skew things to make them sound bad shall we. The best we could finish is 21st in the country. We're NOT a Prem club right now. There are many teams better than us. Pearson cannot suddenly propel us to the 10th best team in the land. We have always improved under him, he is taking us forward.

Seems you already have your mind up. For me, yes that's good. We have one of the youngest squads and have always made progress under Pearson. Size of the city means jack shit, a top half finish for Birmingham would be decent this year. Get some ****ing perspective.

Size of then city gives you a clue to the size of the fan base and the fan base the turnover potential, more money equal's success (mostly anyway) Our natural position is not 24 to 30th, and l don't accept us hanging around there, we are under performing, and it doesn't help employing loser's.

Size of then city gives you a clue to the size of the fan base and the fan base the turnover potential, more money equal's success (mostly anyway) Our natural position is not 24 to 30th, and l don't accept us hanging around there, we are under performing, and it doesn't help employing loser's.

You are right, it's 23rd.

Thats good is it ? Leicester is the 8th biggest city in England and the 2nd biggest city with only one team and you think hovering around 24th to 30th place in the football world makes him a great manager !  God help us if that is all thats expected from LCFC.  

To be fair, in the years immediately before Pearson came we hovered around the wrong end of the division, looked to be going nowhere, and finally ended up being relegated to the lowest position in our history.  Pearson's tenures have produced a marked improvement from that state, so he can't be all bad.  And technically, he IS a winner, albeit the 3rd div championship.

I do agree, though, that we should have higher expectations than the 2nd level, given the size of the city, our history, our facilities and our financial backing.

I didn't infer anything at all, you obviously lack an understanding of language in general.

I said those people were morons, yes.

Hackney then said that I implied they were no longer morons, which isn't the case. Correct?

I don't think that Nigel Pearson has changed very much, I think he's still a very good Championship manager. I also think that the people who dismissed him and are now back-tracking, are stupid. I completely understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I'd be reporting every single post if I didn't, but I also have a right to say that I think they're dead wrong.

You have a right to come over as a pompous, arrogant idiot as well.

Well he isn't a 'loser'... He captained teams to Cup Finals in his playing days. He is respected for his playing days at Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough. 

He is also well respected at Southampton and Carlisle for the jobs he did there. And don't give me the 'he didn't keep them up' rubbish, because he did. Southampton fans were disappointed when he got sacked.

Also, and not to be picky, but I doubt Leicester is the 8th biggest City in the Country. Is it?... London, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds, Liverpool, Bristol and even Coventry are all bigger Cities than Leicester. Not that that actually means anything in terms of managing the football club.

There are many big clubs (as we are referred to as a fairly big club) that haven't had a sniff of promotion back to the Premier League since they were relegated from it. Ask Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Coventry, Derby and Nottingham Forest fans.

We have been in with a chance of playing in the Play Off final twice (and were very very close) in the last three years. And who guided us to those play off campaigns? Oh yeah, Nigel Pearson... When will you get this into your head. It's there to see... Of course he has his faults, everyone does, I'm still looking for the perfect human being (and doubt I'll ever find it), but at this level he is a solid enough manager. 

I've held back for a while now, but all this 'loser' talk is starting to piss me off If I'm honest. We are currently third in the table ffs. Or shall we go back to fighting for 16th every year? I really don't know how you, and others, fail to see that the only time we have been successful in the last 10 years is under Nigel Pearson.

Sadly, he merely shows himself up to be a bit of self opinionated chump, so he really can't be taken seriously. Shame really, as he is probably a decent guy.

You don't think you're being a tad hypocritical?

I'm so glad we have Nigel Pearson as our boss right now.

He gets far too much unwarranted stick even in situations like now where we find ourselves in a good, solid position with nearly a quarter of the season gone. He's done a hell of a lot to rectify all of Sven's errors whilst simultaneously getting us playing good football and making us a competitive side. Majority of fans thought it was a bad idea not to buy many players over the summer. I always disagreed with this - Pearson knew what kind of squad he had and knew they were capable of improving and bettering last season's showing and for me, so far so good. I know it's a really cliche saying as a Leicester fan, but Pearson really did keep the faith with the squad from last season. And he's rebuilt and improved the squad under strict financial constraints. He deserves further praise for making us a competitive side and getting players in who show some love for Leicester and not players who think they are bigger than Leicester. 

But for all the hard work and success (and potential success he could bring?) there are still far too many people who were negative from the start of either appointment and have never been able to shrug off that negativity no matter what he does. He just can't satisfy some people whatever he does. 

I think it's time that those haters eat some humble pie and enjoy what we have at Leicester City right now. We're in a good place and without wanting to use another cliche, this really could be the season we go up. All we need is faith and belief and togetherness.

Wow ! do you always back loser's ?

Why has this just been quoted now?!

And how is Nigel a 'loser'?

I only read it today Stan, i'm glad that you are happy with him, i've no problem with that, l  have no faith in him myself, l actually think he is useless. Just opinions eh !   lts mostly tongue in cheek what l post, but probably doesn't come over that way aways.

I only read it today Stan, i'm glad that you are happy with him, i've no problem with that, l  have no faith in him myself, l actually think he is useless. Just opinions eh !   lts mostly tongue in cheek what l post, but probably doesn't come over that way aways.

Sometimes opinions cover up stupidity. 

If he was useless, we just simply would not be sitting in 3rd place right now. 

Actually, if he was useless, he wouldn't be in a job.

Sometimes opinions cover up stupidity. 

If he was useless, we just simply would not be sitting in 3rd place right now. 

Actually, if he was useless, he wouldn't be in a job.

Stan, l was being kind to you, l thought that post of yours made you sound like a right wet  twat, but then you go and say my opinion is stupid, ah well, as long as you are happy.  

Stan, l was being kind to you, l thought that post of yours made you sound like a right wet twat, but then you go and say my opinion is stupid, ah well, as long as you are happy.

To be fair, your opinion is stupid. After all that Pearson has done for us, to call him useless is just stupid.

To be fair, your opinion is stupid. After all that Pearson has done for us, to call him useless is just stupid.

What as he done ? we have not won anything, he totally ruined last season from Huddersfield onwards, theres no one else to blame for that collapse is there ! Do you actually understand the word stupid ? People like you talk a load of bollox rather than look at the facts, promotion was his remit, and he stated that himself, he failed, play off semi' equals failure. He should have been sacked last year, that run of 17 games was a disgrace and it was all down to his incompetence. You try and disguise the facts with FFP and by stating that Sven left us in a mess that he had to sort out, he's building this he's building that, a young and hungry team rubbish.  Young and hungry, only go together if its true, its not, its a sound bite used by twats.  Winning is winning, and this bloke as won nothing in his career bar division 3, once. He's a loser, whats stupid about that eh.

What as he done ? we have not won anything, he totally ruined last season from Huddersfield onwards, theres no one else to blame for that collapse is there ! Do you actually understand the word stupid ? People like you talk a load of bollox rather than look at the facts, promotion was his remit, and he stated that himself, he failed, play off semi' equals failure. He should have been sacked last year, that run of 17 games was a disgrace and it was all down to his incompetence. You try and disguise the facts with FFP and by stating that Sven left us in a mess that he had to sort out, he's building this he's building that, a young and hungry team rubbish.  Young and hungry, only go together if its true, its not, its a sound bite used by twats.  Winning is winning, and this bloke as won nothing in his career bar division 3, once. He's a loser, whats stupid about that eh.

You're a Forest fan, aren't you?

Archived