Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Nigel Pearson's job here

Read this article today and I'd like to share it. It wasn't a lot different for Nigel when he returned here, albeit on a slightly smaller scale in terms of wage bill. The rest is an absolute parallel. Since then, he's managed to rebuild THE ENTIRE squad, keep us competitive, reduce agent fees significantly and play some pretty good football a lot of the time. Yeah, he has his limitations, but I hope he's here for a long time to come.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2449895/Harry-Redknapp-book-QPRs-worst-dressing-room-football.html

All those who suggest he's not done enough in the two years or so since returning should look at the bigger picture.

Yawn?

Another topic about how good our manager is?

A book written by Harry. Bloody Rednapp and it's co parable to us?

Still say the same until he Mr Pearson gets us promoted he has failed to achieve what Mon, Mickey Adams or even Brian Little achieved, whilst they were our managers. All three got uspromoted to the premiership so until he does he is not the be all and end all.

Yawn?

Still say the same until he Mr Pearson gets us promoted he has failed to achieve what Mon, Mickey Adams or even Brian Little achieved, whilst they were our managers. All three got uspromoted to the premiership so until he does he is not the be all and end all.

Just read the article, and I know Pearson encountered a very similar situation here. Clearly you are unable to see the bigger picture.

Yawn?

It took Little 3 attempts though. Pearson has had two. The Championship is tougher these days compared to when Adams had it, as well as keeping the majority of a premiership playing squad! These may have got us promoted but we were relegated the season after.

Guest MattP

Done a fantastic job, not only a much better squad than when he arrived but at cheaper cost and younger as well.

Comparisons to other manager who have been promoted are ridiculous, one was from a completely different era and the other had whilst having problems off the pitch had players of the class of Deane, Dickov, Izzet, Elliott and Walker in his squad.

He has done a terrific job here, a lot of background work which people don't appreciate. I do love having him as our manager... I'm not going all out to say he's the best since Ive been a STH, because I also respect Micky Adams for the job he did here, but I do respect Nige for what he has achieved so far.

I'd love for him to take us to the Prem. I do believe he has put a consistent, strong, squad together again.

(We did have a lot of class under Adams, although Adams did say that 'without Izzet we were average', but I do respect Adams taking into consideration our off field problems and inability to bring players in).

Absolutely baffles me to the absolute core that people would happily have us with players with the kind of dismal, disgraceful attitudes that those QPR players have there if they're big enough 'names'.

If I was a manager who had that kind of shit every day I'd play the U21s. Genuinely.

Micky Adams did a brilliant job for us. I do think we play a much better style of football now though. I hope Nigel can see us to the Premiership. If he doesnt, I'll always be grateful that he sorted us our financially, and got rid of a lot of players who were not earning their wage.

I'm so glad we have Nigel Pearson as our boss right now.

He gets far too much unwarranted stick even in situations like now where we find ourselves in a good, solid position with nearly a quarter of the season gone. He's done a hell of a lot to rectify all of Sven's errors whilst simultaneously getting us playing good football and making us a competitive side. Majority of fans thought it was a bad idea not to buy many players over the summer. I always disagreed with this - Pearson knew what kind of squad he had and knew they were capable of improving and bettering last season's showing and for me, so far so good. I know it's a really cliche saying as a Leicester fan, but Pearson really did keep the faith with the squad from last season. And he's rebuilt and improved the squad under strict financial constraints. He deserves further praise for making us a competitive side and getting players in who show some love for Leicester and not players who think they are bigger than Leicester. 

But for all the hard work and success (and potential success he could bring?) there are still far too many people who were negative from the start of either appointment and have never been able to shrug off that negativity no matter what he does. He just can't satisfy some people whatever he does. 

I think it's time that those haters eat some humble pie and enjoy what we have at Leicester City right now. We're in a good place and without wanting to use another cliche, this really could be the season we go up. All we need is faith and belief and togetherness.

Read this article today and I'd like to share it. It wasn't a lot different for Nigel when he returned here, albeit on a slightly smaller scale in terms of wage bill. The rest is an absolute parallel. Since then, he's managed to rebuild THE ENTIRE squad, keep us competitive, reduce agent fees significantly and play some pretty good football a lot of the time. Yeah, he has his limitations, but I hope he's here for a long time to come.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2449895/Harry-Redknapp-book-QPRs-worst-dressing-room-football.html

We shall see the "bigger picture" at the end of the season, one way or the other.

All those who suggest he's not done enough in the two years or so since returning should look at the bigger picture.

Winners win things, Pearson is not one of lifes winners unfortunately. If you use winning division 3 is a mark of his achievement, then so is getting a certificate for swimming a length of the pool.

Luckily Pearson isn't dead and is doing well as our manager this season so as far as I'm concerned, you should give him a chance to win things. 

If he didn't win League One, but still won promotion, you'd be moaning still. It's a no-win situation for him when it comes to 'fans' like you. 

Luckily Pearson isn't dead and is doing well as our manager this season so as far as I'm concerned, you should give him a chance to win things. 

If he didn't win League One, but still won promotion, you'd be moaning still. It's a no-win situation for him when it comes to 'fans' like you. 

Not moaning, just stating that he is not a winner, all he's won in his managerial career is division 3. What do you mean "fans like you"  ?

Not moaning, just stating that he is not a winner, all he's won in his managerial career is division 3. What do you mean "fans like you"  ?

He's not a winner, he's just won more at Leicester City than any manager we've had in the last twelve years.

Interesting point of view.

Not directly, but i'm referring  to him being a good manager or not, in my opinion good managers win things, l think thats what this game is about, winning !

If it's like that, then, he's won more games than he hasn't this season. That makes him more of a winner than anything else using your logic based on this season. 

And using statistics and previous records, we're currently averaging more than 2 points per game which is enough for promotion. That is 'winning' enough to 'win' us promotion. Pearson is a good manager and he's on the way to 'winning' things for Leicester City.

ln his career as a manager, he's won division three.

Well he's not exactly managed Manchester F***ing United. He's managed a crap Leicester City side with no money, winning League One and finishing 5th in the second tier. He then went on to take a Hull side that was in a poor state financially and got them into a decent position, before taking over at Leicester again where he's taken us from mid-table to top six while cutting costs.

Well he's not exactly managed Manchester F***ing United. He's managed a crap Leicester City side with no money, winning League One and finishing 5th in the second tier. He then went on to take a Hull side that was in a poor state financially and got them into a decent position, before taking over at Leicester again where he's taken us from mid-table to top six while cutting costs.

Also Carlisle and Southampton, but still only won Division 3.  Winning is winning, not finishing 5th, as they say "first is first and second is nowhere" !

Also Carlisle and Southampton, but still only won Division 3.  Winning is winning, not finishing 5th, as they say "first is first and second is nowhere" !

Southampton who were already involved in a relegation battle when he took over and Carlisle who were in League Two?

How dare he only keep those clubs up, surely he should have been winning the Premier League with those teams, Pearson Out, OFF WITH HIS HEAD! etc. :frantics:

Archived