Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Nigel Pearson's job here

I said he's not a winner, am l wrong ?  l never offered you an alternative, life is full of winners and losers, Pearson is the latter.

He won league 1.

So that means that this year, only 3 managers will be "Winners" in this division... and 21 will not be "Winners"

So if we get promoted this year, then fail to win the premiership next season,

Nigel pearson is not a "Winner" ?

Or would you say he is because he won the championship? therefore surely him winning league one makes him a "Winner" 

So what are your opinions on 

Arsene Wenger,
Andre v b
David moyes
steve bruce
Brendan rodgers
paul lambert
martinez
mark hughes
sam allardyce
martin jol
laudrup
alan pardew
steve clarke
Chris hughton

So are these manager not "Winners" There is only 1 winner of the premier league a season, and 3 promotions from the championship, 4 managers from 44 a season?

I really do not understand where you are going with this one to be honest.

in the last 2 seasons, We have paid for 5 players. Coming to a grand total of £6m, We have sold 3.6m worth.

Grand total of £2.4m loss on transfers.

Beckford and danns were on £60,000 per week alone £3,120,000 a year. As well as the rest. 

So in terms of 'spending' (Wages/transfer) No.. He has not spent, At all. he has cut costs. The reason he HAD to cut costs, is FFP, So for somebody to get us into the position we currently hold,

Not having much choice on who stays at the club (We needed to cut the high earners out full stop) 

I would say there are VERY FEW managers with those qualities to be able to achieve what he has. 

So yes. 'without spending' 

'Spending' is not only transfers.

So I'll think you will find he has about as much as anybody in this division, certainly not a vast sum more.

Then later it's 4.6m we've sold.

Beckford & Danns on 60k per week each?

You're either an idiot that believes everything you read on here on a wum.

I don't think you're an idiot.

But he's not a winner, as much as you put a smoke screen up, under neath he is what he is.

So after 3 seasons in charge we have not won the premier league. so he is a loser :)

Love it. 

so is arsene wenger not a "Winner"? He won trophies.. A LONG LONG TIME AGO.

Pearson has hardly had a chance to win anything.

Wow, Monsell where have you been?

we paid around 6m in 2 seasons... sold 4.6m worth of players.. in 2 seasons on transfers we have lost 1.5m average and saved around £5-6m on wages!!!

Madness..

No wonder the first 12 months of business are the hardest, people do not do their sums.. we have put more back into the pot than we have taken out, and we have become stronger, better spirited. and more importantly have vast potential.

To say he had financial backing is absolutely ludicrous, He had financial crippling since he took over from SGE.

I am not saying he hasn't got rid of over payed deadwood, but until this summer if he's has a target he's got it I.e wood, marshall, Morgan and so on and so on.

The difference is the owners haven't given him an open check book like they did Sven, but they have still backed him, but with the money Pearson has chosen previously to buy or loan young un tested players, which proved a mistake last season, and in fairness he's added a bit of experience this season, as he has identified the lack of experience.

All this said he did inherit some good players aswell as the not so good, and I feel it wouldn't have took a lot of added to.

Sorry I can see he has been restricted compared to Sven, but cannot accept the argument that he's not been backed financially.

And to your other point, I agree we are better spirited, but time will tell if we are stronger, and yes we have a few players with potential, but will they ever reach that potential, look at the likes of wood, I had high hopes for him after his early form, but has been very poor since, nugent good player out of sorts for a long time, drinkwater great potential but inconsistent, I could go on.

Pearson has done a steady job, but the finances of the club is not in his remit now, that's the d.o.f job, so hopefully he can concentrate on the players and finally finish what he's started.

I am not saying he hasn't got rid of over payed deadwood, but until this summer if he's has a target he's got it I.e wood, marshall, Morgan and so on and so on.

The difference is the owners haven't given him an open check book like they did Sven, but they have still backed him, but with the money Pearson has chosen previously to buy or loan young un tested players, which proved a mistake last season, and in fairness he's added a bit of experience this season, as he has identified the lack of experience.

All this said he did inherit some good players aswell as the not so good, and I feel it wouldn't have took a lot of added to.

Sorry I can see he has been restricted compared to Sven, but cannot accept the argument that he's not been backed financially.

And to your other point, I agree we are better spirited, but time will tell if we are stronger, and yes we have a few players with potential, but will they ever reach that potential, look at the likes of wood, I had high hopes for him after his early form, but has been very poor since, nugent good player out of sorts for a long time, drinkwater great potential but inconsistent, I could go on.

Pearson has done a steady job, but the finances of the club is not in his remit now, that's the d.o.f job, so hopefully he can concentrate on the players and finally finish what he's started.

My argument to the fact hes been "financially backed" is that he HAD to be, otherwise we would of sold 10 players and bought in none! financially his transfers have come mainly from selling players to provide the cash to buy, 

I respect what you mean as the owners could of taken the sale money and said "No more buying" But they gave him that money to spend, but the way you worded it suggested (to me atleast) that he had been given a budget.. when he had not, He was just given a task to cut cloth and replace players!

It does cost money, maybe I took it incorrectly, but you see where I'm coming from and vice versa.

Unfortunately he didn't save £3,120,000 as we had to pay Beckford off and Danns is on loan and I'm sure we're paying a fair percentage of his salary.

I'm not blaming Pearson for that by the way.

Just rough figures, we paid off beckford but far less than his wages as far as I am aware, and I thought we paid 30% of his wages (not sure where I heard it tbh) 

But same goes for The players I mentioned earlier, we have saved upwards of £4-5m a season, most of which would still be uinder contract here!

Winning is nonsense then, well in that case you've got your ideal manager.

Did I say that?

You keep bringing up he isn't a winner, obviously to tell us he isn't. Yet no one before you said he was a winner, so I'm not sure who you are aiming it at.

My argument to the fact hes been "financially backed" is that he HAD to be, otherwise we would of sold 10 players and bought in none! financially his transfers have come mainly from selling players to provide the cash to buy,

I respect what you mean as the owners could of taken the sale money and said "No more buying" But they gave him that money to spend, but the way you worded it suggested (to me atleast) that he had been given a budget.. when he had not, He was just given a task to cut cloth and replace players!

It does cost money, maybe I took it incorrectly, but you see where I'm coming from and vice versa.

I personally don't think any manager has been given a budget as such since the Thais took over, I think it's a matter of the manager identifying a target, and then it's a yes or no.

Into the clear out, I don't doubt the players were a drain on finances, but I think if Pearson wanted to keep any of them, he could have, like nugent, koncheskey etc, but I think the underlying reason was that they were bad for the sqaud, personality clashes with the manager/players, shit, or not a Pearson type player.

So especially early in his return and up until the summer I don't think it was an imposed clear out, but needed and his choice.

So me personally I can handle the fact that people defend him, and some that talk like we would be worse off without out him, and he's the best thing since sliced bread, as he's done an ok job, and these are opinions, but when people defend him by saying he's not had the money, and had to sell, it frustrates me.

I personally don't think any manager has been given a budget as such since the Thais took over, I think it's a matter of the manager identifying a target, and then it's a yes or no.

Into the clear out, I don't doubt the players were a drain on finances, but I think if Pearson wanted to keep any of them, he could have, like nugent, koncheskey etc, but I think the underlying reason was that they were bad for the sqaud, personality clashes with the manager/players, shit, or not a Pearson type player.

So especially early in his return and up until the summer I don't think it was an imposed clear out, but needed and his choice.

So me personally I can handle the fact that people defend him, and some that talk like we would be worse off without out him, and he's the best thing since sliced bread, as he's done an ok job, and these are opinions, but when people defend him by saying he's not had the money, and had to sell, it frustrates me.

Well i suppose with the cover-ups that is modern football, And without seeing the books and the balance sheets, we can agree to disagree, I personally think he had no choice in shipping out the big earners as the spending spree was a last throw of the dice before FFP cracked down, 

But I know he kept a few high earners, get your points :)

So after 3 seasons in charge we have not won the premier league. so he is a loser :)

Love it. 

Love it. 

It's a bit  over your head isn't it.

BNET is exactly one of those fans Pearson himself mentioned, 'delusions of grandeur'.

We're Leicester City. We're not ****ing Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... we're Leicester City, we cannot attract a proven 'winner' (if by winner you mean winning the top flight etc...)

There's no logic, absolutely none at all.

BNET is exactly one of those fans Pearson himself mentioned, 'delusions of grandeur'.

We're Leicester City. We're not ****ing Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... we're Leicester City, we cannot attract a proven 'winner' (if by winner you mean winning the top flight etc...)

There's no logic, absolutely none at all.

"theres no logic"  just because you can't see it, doesn't mean its not there.

Your 'logic' is that he's 'not a winner', right? So in other words, you have to win every league you're in, every year, to be considered a 'winner'.

So in other words, no-one is a 'winner', and no-one is good enough to manage Leicester (who've been out of the top flight for 10 years).

You keep chucking out this daft phrase as if we're a club who is in any position to demand 'winners' relative to any club in the world. It's quite frankly some of the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read.

Ok so Bnet.

Name the manager, Who would take over today. Win the league. Then win the premier league next season.

Let's hear it. 

NOBODY. 

I'll make this a bit easier, 

Name a manager, That we have any chance of getting. That would get us promoted this season top of the league, and would keep us in to top 10 of the prem next year.

Looking forward to this.

Your 'logic' is that he's 'not a winner', right? So in other words, you have to win every league you're in, every year, to be considered a 'winner'.

So in other words, no-one is a 'winner', and no-one is good enough to manage Leicester (who've been out of the top flight for 10 years).

You keep chucking out this daft phrase as if we're a club who is in any position to demand 'winners' relative to any club in the world. It's quite frankly some of the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read.

Jose mourinho came 2nd last season at Real Madrid,

He's not a winner...

Jose mourinho came 2nd last season at Real Madrid,

He's not a winner...

This is precisely what I'm getting at. There's a fine line between ambition and delusion and BNET is that far on the delusion side that he's completely out of vision.

Well i suppose with the cover-ups that is modern football, And without seeing the books and the balance sheets, we can agree to disagree, I personally think he had no choice in shipping out the big earners as the spending spree was a last throw of the dice before FFP cracked down,

But I know he kept a few high earners, get your points :)

lol I agree, we will have to agree to disagree, none of us know for sure, but we have both got our opinions, and that's great for the forum.

We are a club who due to the size of the city really should be doing better.

I'm upset and angry that a club like us have been out the premier for so long. I'm not expecting us to stay there for 20 years, our history showed us to be a yo-yo club, win a load of cups or get in to Europe via the league, well not straight away. ;)

I do expect us to actually get promoted though.

We are a club who due to the size of the city really should be doing better.

I'm upset and angry that a club like us have been out the premier for so long. I'm not expecting us to stay there for 20 years, our history showed us to be a yo-yo club, win a load of cups or get in to Europe via the league, well not straight away. ;)

I do expect us to actually get promoted though.

There's no-one at all who should be happy with how the last 10 years has gone. Absolutely embarrassing when the likes of Burnley, Blackpool, Reading (twice), Hull (twice) and many others have all managed to get there.

But I just find the fact this gets used against Pearson to be harsh. Not a winner? It's using some silly literal terminology to try and put the bloke down despite a start that no-one other than the seriously deluded can be disappointed by.

Leicester have every right to demand Premier League football but our appalling past 10 years shouldn't be pinned on Pearson, nor should they be used to make him out to be amazing in comparison to some absolute dog turd managers.

Archived