Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

What is this shirt?

I seem to remember someone asking this a few years ago.

I think it was just a reserve team or youth team strip. I'm fairly sure it wasn't ever used by the first team .

You're right - I remember seeing it. I'm sure this shirt has changed hands on eBay at least 2 or 3 times!

blimey davie , have you got an encyclopaedic mind regarding FT threads ? :D

i tried to search and gave up 

I searched for muller most of which were how we were going to muller teams, like that something we do a lot or about Gerd Muller.

Funny thing is, I remember this game as being the season before, when we were fighting against relegation.

I was there and freezing cold.  For some reason (I didn't listen to my mum) I hadn't taken a coat, and ended up borrowing a Royal Mail raincoat thing which was several sizes too big for me.   

I must've looked a bit strange but we won, so that's the main thing.

(Have I got to the age where I tell people random stories about my past for tenuous reasons?)

Funny thing is, I remember this game as being the season before, when we were fighting against relegation.

I was there and freezing cold. For some reason (I didn't listen to my mum) I hadn't taken a coat, and ended up borrowing a Royal Mail raincoat thing which was several sizes too big for me.

(Have I got to the age where I tell people random stories about my past for tenuous reasons?)

This was that shirt used in the Blackburn game. It was only used two or three times and only about ten were available in the club shop. So just around ten lucky punters got hold of one.

The muller one is a mystery and I believe is a prototype. I have looked everywhere and can't find any muller sponsorship even at youth level. So I think it may just be a shirt we potentially looked at using.

post-8391-0-28169000-1381777989_thumb.jp

I was there and freezing cold.  For some reason (I didn't listen to my mum) I hadn't taken a coat, and ended up borrowing a Royal Mail raincoat thing which was several sizes too big for me.   

Brilliant, i still quite like the red.. you dont see pitches like that anymore... and is it just me, or do the balls look bigger back in the 80's?, they didnt change the size did they?

and yes.. yes you have

grandpa-simpson-150x150.gif

I wore an onion on my belt, it was the style of the day

Hello

I'm the seller of these shirt and I was wonder why so many views have these auction  ... now i know :)  .
I don't know history of these shirt and i will not tell You how I got it. I just can tell You that I'm a patio builder :)  
Last thing I want to tell You is that tommorow I'll start auction with my last one JW Leicester shirt (number 12 on the back). I had five JW Leicester shirts and these is the last.

Pozdrawiam

Marcin

...Yes I know my English is not perfect 

The muller sponsorship was arranged on the condition we were promoted that season - if we were then muller were to be our sponsor the following season and some kit was made with muller on in preparation for that. Which was of course never happened and was never used.

Archived