Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Watford Pre-Match

I've already said I ****ing hate Watford. I've said for me this game is up there with beating Forest this season because of how we lost last season and how they went about celebrating the win. I can tell you now with FFP there is not a chance in hell they would have half of the players they do have if it wasn't for the ownership situation (each family member "owning" a different club) and that is pretty much common knowledge around the league. The whole flouting of the ownership laws is one of the main reasons that Watford are mutually amongst fans of other clubs one of the most hated clubs currently. As well as now they've got a load of players from Serie A and La Liga they suddenly think they have been the pioneers of playing attractive, possession football when in reality for the best part of a decade they were on par with Stoke for hoofball.

I really don't understand. They used a loophole, which theoretically any team could've utilised. It was within the rules at that time and although you could morally question it, it's in the past.

In terms of the play-offs, it seems a little cringey that we would 'hate' them after they scored a perfectly legit goal, after a very dubious penalty decision, in a game they were clearly in control. That day I was gutted, I did f**king hate Watford that that goal was unbearable to watch. But it's a new season. If you can hate Watford for beating us last minute in the play-off semis, surely you or the older fans on the forum would hate Swindon beyond comparison?

Trying to start a rivalry with them because one match that they deserved to win makes us look more 'tinpot' than you're trying to portray them.

A run of the mill team (in Watford) like Barnsley which has been in the Premier League more recently than us. And you've also managed to reference Barnsley, who as recently as 5 years ago were able to buy our best player off us.

I don't see the point you're making in the first paragraph. It's not as simple as saying that you can just take 10 points off us - the whole season would have played out differently.

Not only that, but after last season when Watford exploited the loophole you are alluding to, the Football League shut that loophole. Much as they did when we went into admin. Because they realised it was a loophole. And what do authorities do after they see somebody taking advantage of a loophole? They shut it.

No difference as I see it. If it goes tits up for Watford then it's their own fault, but until then they've done nothing wrong by the laws of the game, even if it is morally dubious. Much as it was morally dubious for us to fail to pay St Johns Ambulance but keep players of the quality of Izzet on our books in 02/03.

When was the last time Barnsley were in the prem then?

I really don't understand. They used a loophole, which theoretically any team could've utilised. It was within the rules at that time and although you could morally question it, it's in the past.

In terms of the play-offs, it seems a little cringey that we would 'hate' them after they scored a perfectly legit goal, after a very dubious penalty decision, in a game they were clearly in control. That day I was gutted, I did f**king hate Watford that that goal was unbearable to watch. But it's a new season. If you can hate Watford for beating us last minute in the play-off semis, surely you or the older fans on the forum would hate Swindon beyond comparison?

Trying to start a rivalry with them because one match that they deserved to win makes us look more 'tinpot' than you're trying to portray them.

In control is slightly OTT we started that 2nd leg far better than them and went behind against the run of play. They had the better of the 2nd half, but they were spent coming into the final 10 and we had chances to score before the pen.

Watford are a bunch of nobodies.A rivalry with that lot? Come off it.

I'd like us to win today to exorcise the ghosts of May, but I doubt I'll give Watford any more thought than any other play-off or promotion contender thereafter.

Our rivals are Forest and Derby, they're the only two teams where I can derive any pleasure from their misfortunes.

People can say this is just a normal game but the fact is it isn't. Games such as the playoff game last season are how rivalries start and for me I ****ing hate Watford now. They are a bunch of ***** and I can't wait for tomorrow, because if we win, it will be one of the most satisfying victories all season up there with beating teams such as Forest, Derby and Coventry. I ****ing hate Watford. I hate the fact the only reason they are near decent is because they exploit loopholes when in reality they are. Small time. TinPot. *****. No name *****.

This made me lol

Happen to agree with the exploiting the rules bit

I know I shouldn't let last year bother me but it still does and I really really hope we stick every chance away today and thrash these. I reckon knocky will play out of his skin today too

For those you you not going to the game and without sky, I have posted a link to some streams on the streams thread lol

top man thanks

I'd like us to win today to exorcise the ghosts of May, but I doubt I'll give Watford any more thought than any other play-off or promotion contender thereafter.

Our rivals are Forest and Derby, they're the only two teams where I can derive any pleasure from their misfortunes.

Basically this.

I also have a thing about QPR but that's because I've got more mates who support them than any other side. And Redknapp finds a crooked sixpence on a crooked style.

Too right.

They're currently 7th, win today and we'll  be 10 points clear of them. That is the biggest thing about today, getting some breathing space between us and a promotion rival as well as the teams just outside the play-offs.

Gk: Kasper

Rb: Moore

Rcb: Wasyl

Lcb: Wes

Lb: Konch if fit. Miquel if not.

Rdm: Hammond

Ldm: Drinky

Ram: Vardy

Cam: Knocky

Lam: Lloyd

St: Nugent

Not a bad shout - although a slight lack of pace at the back concerns me very slightly.

Archived