Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Watford Pre-Match

I'm sure everyone is buzzing and we couldn't be going into this game feeling any higher. A perfect opportunity to give some kind of revenge for that horrible moment in May.

I would go with:

Schmeichel

Moore - Wasilewski - Morgan - Miquel (if Konch is injured)

Hammond - King

Knockaert - Drinkwater - Dyer

Vardy

Subs: Logan, Schlupp, St.Ledger, James, Nugent, Wood, GTF. 

We cannot afford to go away and play 4 across the middle again. Play 5 but with DD in an advanced role, also giving the wingers slightly more freedom. Hammond and King sitting will provide a shield for the back 4 and stop any counter attacking whilst being key in retaining possession. Four big units at the back gives us an opportunity to really exploit Watford on set pieces.

COYF!  :pearson:

Not to bothered about 'revenge'. We had the chance and messed it up. Does it matter now? Well, no. It's a new season, and both clubs are in the same division. Of course the build up is going to massive by the media, but as Hammond said post match tonight, it's a new season and what happened last season is in the past.

I think Nigel is put in a difficult position now given the performances of certain players tonight, that's probably a good thing actually. Not sure if I'm honest, probably go with the same team that beat Bournemouth.

He will go 3-5-2 for this and match them, I'm almost positive that's the only reason he got the squad comfortable with playing it as we couldn't do the business against them playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3/4-5-1. 

Schmeichel

Wasilewski

Morgan

Miquel

Moore

Schlupp

Drinkwater

King

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

Subs: Logan, St Ledger, Hammond, James, Dyer, Wood, GTF, 

Confidence and morale will be high. On paper Watford don't even look all that good, and after watching them against Brighton they weren't solid or convincing at all.

Nigel will get it right no doubt, and I have a feeling Knocky will teach them a lesson. 

People talk about the past being in the past but....

The way it happened. The way they celebrated. The arrogance some of their fans showed last season.

We need to beat these. I'm sure the squad doesn't need any more motivation and I'm also sure that everyone involved with the club will be up for this.

Come on boys!

A win here and we'd be 10 points clear of them, right?

Will be a difficult game. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world but I'd like to stay in the top 2, especially the way we are playing and the form we're in.

We know what they're going to be like, very dangerous going forward but dodgy at the back. If we get at them early they might have an off day, they're the kind of team that are always capable of not turning up.

What a lovely problem. None of the Bournemouth players deserve to be dropped but the lads from tonight definitely don't either. I'd go 433 again

Schmeichel

Moore

Was

Morgan

Konchesky (Miguel) if injured

Drinky

Hammond

King

Knockaert

Wood

Vardy

Bench picks itself from the players missing out

Leicester are a team better off playing their own game. We have to be positive if we want a draw or a win. Sitting back and holding does us no favours, neither does surrendering our attacking threat and giving ourselves no outlet.

We've  made mistakes by sitting back and going negative this season, let's just stick to what we're good at: Keeping the ball and making players available at all times. Self-belief is the key, we know we can pass the ball and attack well so we've no reason to be afraid of it.

I actually like the look of the team in in original post.

Gives us an attacking edge whilst also retaining some stiffness in midfield which we need away from home. 4-4-2 is a bit risky against Watford as on their day they are good going forward and the last thing we need is an open game. Ill take a point away right now.

If not then 1-0 to us. Its about time we racked up some clean sheets is all im saying. We are going to come up against a side that can outscore us sooner or later, i've a horrible feeling it will be them if we don't keep it tight.

Alot depends on whether Konchesky is fit, he is in great form at the minute. Im still not sold on Schluup at LB. He leaves too much space to counter and doesn't mark players tight enough.

Archived