Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Watford Pre-Match

All due respect to Watford, I don't see why we should approach this game with anything other than confidence.

We are stronger than we were last season, they are weaker.  We are on good form, they are on mediocre form.

It remains a difficult game but it's not away at Old Trafford is it?  I think people are letting last season's shenanigans cloud their judgement on this.

Also, we are playing a few teams higher up the table in the next month or so.  While I have my concerns, such as leaking a few too many goals and not taking our chances, I don't see why some people seem ready to throw in the towel before we have even touched a ball.

If we want automatic promotion then we need to pick up points consistently against all teams in the division.  

Let's just wait and see if we are good enough rather than jumping to conclusions at this point.

That 'WFCMOOG' really does hate us!!!! How many times did he calls us tinpot, and little?! One of the funniest things I've read, can't wait until we do the bastards lol lol lol

Even if we lose this as we normally do at Vicarage Road, I will spend a percentage of tomorrow night staring at Watford FC's honours board and go to bed safe in the knowledge that Watford are firmly a nothing club with little going for it. Bar a decent spell in the 1980S, they don't even have the depth of such a historical club as Leicester City.

That's before we get started on being a town which is a London/Luton overspill with zero historical significance.

I actually think justice would've been done had we scored that penalty. One incident of misbehaviour from us wiping out the efforts of an entire season of misbehaviour.

TBH, we should have had a clear penalty in the first half, people forget.

I wouldn't call it justice but in a way it would have evened things out.

I will take huge pleasure from beating Watford, but not because of the way we lost the play-offs, but because their fans are such bellends.

Super_Horns aside :)

Of course i'm not a Watford fan! Are you an idiot? This thread is just as bad as their thread so i don't understand why so many of our fans are on their high horse!

We are doing well but it seems to be going to some fans heads! I got no problem with that but then abusing another team for exactly the same thing seems ridiculous! If we go up this season - Do all the gloating you like! But until then its just another game, winning just means another 3 points closer to where we want to be by the end of the season!

I read their thread and alot of them think they will lose! Some clearly have some issues when it comes to perspective, but some of the crap i read on here suggests we are no different!

Why are you shouting! Is this a thing now! 

Well obviously I'm not an idiot.

This thread is nowhere near as bad as that one. Stop trying to act holier than thou.

If read out of context it is just as bad, but we know who the wind up merchants are on here and ignore them and we know who posts tongue in cheek and don't take jokey comments seriously. It will be the same on there, they haven't said anything worse than:

Even if we lose this as we normally do at Vicarage Road, I will spend a percentage of tomorrow night staring at Watford FC's honours board and go to bed safe in the knowledge that Watford are firmly a nothing club with little going for it. Bar a decent spell in the 1980S, they don't even have the depth of such a historical club as Leicester City.

That's before we get started on being a town which is a London/Luton overspill with zero historical significance.

Looking back at some of the previous seasons, going to Vicarage Road usually meant witnessing quite a spectacle - just on the wrong end.

3-3 (after being 2-0 up), anyone?

The last time we won at Watford was eight years and two and a half weeks ago, in a narrow 2-1 victory.

Our squad seems to be quite settled for what it looks like - sitting in 2nd place, we're enjoying a better spell than at the start of last season, when the whole team tanked with the advent of February.

I do hope we can fend off the home team and their attacks and prevail once more with the currently "classic" 2-1 score. :fc:

A win would do nicely, not at least in order to make up for that crazy 2nd leg playoff semi-final match.

Great performance on Tuesday but I don't see any reason to change the side that's been doing so well in the League - providing Konch is back fit.

Wood would be straight on if Nuge looks off his game though.

Loss is a bad result - this is our first real test of the season. I'd take a draw, a win would be bloody brilliant.

Four games in November - Watford (a); Forest (h); Ipswich (a); Millwall (h). If we get 8 points from them then we're flying.

If read out of context it is just as bad, but we know who the wind up merchants are on here and ignore them and we know who posts tongue in cheek and don't take jokey comments seriously. It will be the same on there, they haven't said anything worse than:

Lighten up! None of it is offensive, none of it is concentrating on a single person. My post has clearly had the required effect as one of them is getting his knickers in a twist on their forum.

If you ask me, we are a bit bitter but Watford were not particularly graceful winners. Any Watford fan what struggles to understand why we want to win tomorrow so much needs their head looking at. Quite a lot of their fans were screaming robbery after the first leg. Similarly I find it naive of Watford fans to say that karma played it's part with Knockaert's dive considering that last season they wound up various teams with such tactics (was it a surprise the same player for Watford gave away the peno in the PO final?).

Find the comments about the 'que sera' chant funny as well because that song has always been used in a variety of situations. Even when non-league sides go 1-0 up at a bigger side in a cup game with five minutes left you hear it - is it serious? Never.

EDIT: In fact if we want to get holier than thou..what about this post on a Watford forum

Is Cockheart really a Leicester Boy? Thought he was French, so unless he speaks Urdu, def not a Lesta Boy..

Great performance on Tuesday but I don't see any reason to change the side that's been doing so well in the League - providing Konch is back fit.

Wood would be straight on if Nuge looks off his game though.

Loss is a bad result - this is our first real test of the season. I'd take a draw, a win would be bloody brilliant.

Four games in November - Watford (a); Forest (h); Ipswich (a); Millwall (h). If we get 8 points from them then we're flying.

How would a loss be a bad result obviously they are promotion contenders if we lost we would of played 14 games and have 29 points

An above 2 points a game average automatic promotion form does it not?

Archived