Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Thank you Wasyl's army.

The following has just been posted on the Anderlecht forum. The translated version really isnt perfect, but you can get the jist. Really good read.

Wasilewski Sunday August 30, 2009, a day which is not a music will ever forget. Those who were there in the stadium at the memory still feel a cold shiver, a shiver of disgust. Marcin Wasilewski, until then especially popular for his eternal commitment-let us be honest: not for its technical football abilities-kicked by Axel Witsel became aware of the field. An attack for which you, as you or I would do at someone on the street today, soon several years effective for can get.

That Sunday everything changed. Until then I had not yet who dislike opposite those football club based in Liège. I'm still young, have not experienced the previous glory period of Standard. I have Standard never experienced as a sporting rival, despite their two titles every 25 years. The attitude of the players on the field, their coach, their directors ... I got a foul of. That's the day I Standard de Liege am going to hate it.
And even now, I can not for the Belgian national team cheer as long as Axel Witsel has a place. I can't, sorry. One learns you always: in life you should be able to forgive and forget. That is bullshit. Sometimes you just have to accept what happened and it always carry with you. We will remember.

A double open leg fracture, end career do you think then. Wasyl, however, thought otherwise. He worked hard on his rehabilitation and on 29 november 2010 he makes his real comeback for Anderlecht. Since that time it was Daniel Wadsworth a hero in Anderlecht. The respect for his mentality and fighting spirit to return made him untouchable for the supporters. Or to put it in his own words to say: What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

His contract at the end of last season, and the club decided not to renew it. Fortunately he found fairly quickly a new employer, the English 2nd division-club Leicester City Football Club. When I learned that the Mauves Ostend Boys a bus wanted to see a match of pickling to him, I didn't have to think long. All 60 seats were sold out In no time and so we went with a full bus the channel about. A collection with Anderlecht supporters from everywhere, including 6 Purple Haze.

To 5: 30 am we leave on the parking of our café. All in all, despite the fact that everyone has had a good night's sleep is the atmosphere there not yet effective immediately. 't Is still a bit of searching and for everyone to get used to it. As soon as we to 6: 15 on the bus steps in Wommelgem, however, this soon disappears. We order a cool box and when we arrive in Ghent it is already empty. Since some fixed faces from Leuven join with us we decide as of now to purchase per FRY.
In MIDDELKERKE steps the last RSCA supporters the bus on and we put our journey to Calais. No problems at the control, and almost immediately can we get the boat on. Meanwhile is already 10: 00 am and time for a full English Breakfeast on the boat!
When we arrive in Dover realizes everyone pretty quickly that we not much time will stick to the stadium. It was decided to minimise the number of stops, and we all hope it easy traffic.

Eventually We arrive around kick off time to the stadium. However, a few streets away the bus drive to drop us. A group of 60 exuberant fans groups and walk through the streets towards Stadium. One song after the other is sung, and our flags are will be shown to everyone. Supporters who still outside walking around don't know what happens, but enjoy our enthusiasm.
A steward shows us the way to our entrance, and to English common have to go through a narrow entrance enter the stadium one by one. Despite that the competition already started, and we on the screens in the Hall see the 1-0 score, is there waiting for everyone in solidarity. First we find the what a pity that we miss the start of the race, that we are not a bit earlier arrived so we could have a moment before the game quietly looking around ... In retrospect, we realize that our arrive late the Foundation was for what else would follow.
We enter the Gallery, an ordinary famillievak, singing and dancing. We are looking our way to our places, and gaping looks are our part. Everyone is wondering who we are and what we do. Some even thought that the Millwall supporters had broken up the fences and came in cases. Admittedly, it must be impressive to see a gang of thick 60 men to invade in your box! Ask to speak to us and those around us who we are. We lay them out that we come and disbelief for Wasilewski and respect is what follows.

The whole game long, we provide a good atmosphere in our profession. We are nice to surpass the locals with our group, and where the locals know they sing us the melody and even with it.
Halfway through the first half goes Wasilewski within the 16 firmly on the goalkeeper by Millwall. The goalkeeper remains and has care: reason enough for us to start: ' that's why we love you, that's why we love you! '

At half time we make a chat with some Lester fans, most ' common ' Anderlecht is and some of them even know who Rob Walsh is ... When we sing in the second half than what we find these people us, nodding in the affirmative Axel Witsel.
Five minutes before we decide to go, us down so we can meet him after the final whistle. We're going down the stairs in a group, and then what would follow was a goose bumps moment as we probably never will. The whole stand behind goal, just like our profession and the adjacent box to our left side give us a standing ovation as a token of their respect for what we have done today. I must honestly confess: I have a big mouth and I dare a mother****er, but if you state and a standing ovation in accept then you can't come up with one word to bring out. The hair on my arms is right, I get tears in my eyes. Even now, two days later, when I type I still get goose bumps.
We come down to in the stand and wait on the stairs. That is, however, against the wishes of the stewards that encourage us to sit down. No problem, the Leicester fans help us, make place for us, call us to have other free places and for that we are all on the first rows of the stands can take place. The supporters group behind goal know the attitude of their stewards to appreciate even moderately and let this vocal brands: ' They can sit where they want, they can sit where they wa-a-ant! They're Anderlecht! They can sit where they want! '
During the last minute of the game missing Leicester another reuzekans 4-0 but the party can no longer broken. We are elated to dance on the show, the stewards make Wasyl clear to us that we may not come over the fence and we nod in the affirmative. But we also look to each other and realize: If we're going to, then we all go!
The final whistle, Wasyl hurries to the ref to greetings and comes straight to our corner. 25 meters, 20 meters, 15 meters, 10 meters. ... right I see the first leave, left one follows the M.O.B. brothers, still follow someone and I follow right away ... in my corner I see that after us everyone follows. A mini pre-pitch invasion really! The stewards have the case perfectly under control and keep us in a corner but we do not call back. We fly Wasyl in the arms and skipping and dancing along with him. I see him laughing and screaming – he is as happy as a little child on 6 december! In our festive cheer I hear the stadium speaker thank us: ' Special thanks to the Anderlecht supporters for their visit and support today! ' The home supporters enjoy clear of our joy.

While we have done our best to not a whole match Anderlecht to sing songs, makes use of a quiet moment Marcin to own a song to boot: WE ARE ANDERLECHT ANDERLECHT, WE ARE!
Wasilewski tells us that he's going to take a shower and afterwards dropped by the main entrance comes up saying goodbye. Some supporters go to the fanshop to souvenirs, other supporters wait at the main entrance and can chat with Daniel Wadsworth and some pictures.

Please, and especially overwhelmed, we draw back to the bus. There is still a long return journey but one in which we events of that afternoon would repeat dozens of times. Meanwhile we also the messages that our action been circulating on the internet and we realize the: today we have made history. Anyone out there remember this day for a long time was at will. It is thus a day you have on your 75th anniversary retelling to your grandchildren will very proud!
About 4: 30 we are back in Wommelgem and around 5: 00 am we are in keerbergen. It was a beauty of a trip!

It's on: we will be back for the Bolton game, so you lot can count on another 63 nutters + 2 bus drivers from Belgium. :thumbup:

Coach has already been sorted, now let's see if we can get those £10 tickets. lol

If any of you want to come over: we will try to get you tickets, but as there are only 21,000 seats and about 18,500 to 19,000 season tickets, it's no picknick.

We might get hold of some available season tickets, tho.

1 or 2 coaches by now ;-)

On another note, I am checking out a Belgian weekend in Manchester during the weekend of 21-24 March.

That weekend, you lot are playing in Blackburn and both Manchester City (Kompany) and Everton (Lukaku) are playing at home, against resp. Fulham & Swansea.

If 1 of those games is set to be played on Sunday, I think we can bring a few dozen lads for the weekend, as Kompany & Lukaku came thru our youth ranks.

I reckon you can get us tickets in the away section for the Blackburn game?

Blackburn would be fantastic if all of you lot came.

Stewards definitely knew we were coming. They were waiting for us just behind ticket control, sussing out in which state we were.

The bald one in yellow tried to move us as fast as possible into the stands, but I told him we would wait to enter till all the boys passed the ticket control.

Then the other one took over and started

"you lads had a good trip?"

"yes, we have"

"so, you come all the way from Belgium to support Wasilewski?"

"yes"

"this must have taken several hours"

"9 hours to get here"

"9?? I guess you're all up for it than?"

"If Wasyl scores a goal, you will have to get us off the pitch!"

He didn't understand I was joking... (or wasn't I?) ;)

Would love to see a movie after tomorrow's game where we can hear/see you singing Wasyl's song!

Stewards definitely knew we were coming. They were waiting for us just behind ticket control, sussing out in which state we were.

The bald one in yellow tried to move us as fast as possible into the stands, but I told him we would wait to enter till all the boys passed the ticket control.

Then the other one took over and started

"you lads had a good trip?"

"yes, we have"

"so, you come all the way from Belgium to support Wasilewski?"

"yes"

"this must have taken several hours"

"9 hours to get here"

"9?? I guess you're all up for it than?"

"If Wasyl scores a goal, you will have to get us off the pitch!"

He didn't understand I was joking... (or wasn't I?) ;)

Would love to see a movie after tomorrow's game where we can hear/see you singing Wasyl's song!

I was "the bald one in yellow" and we didn't know until about 2 minutes before you got there! I tried to get you into the stadium because 70+ all at once could have taken some time.

You were no trouble at all and it'd be good to see you all back down here again!

Us stewards have to try and stay professional but it was hard not to have a little smile when the kop was singing "they sit where we want, they sit where they waaaaant!" :)

Credit to the stewards, it's a tough job at times I imagine but it was handled superbly on Saturday.

I was "the bald one in yellow" and we didn't know until about 2 minutes before you got there! I tried to get you into the stadium because 70+ all at once could have taken some time.

You were no trouble at all and it'd be good to see you all back down here again!

Ok, probably one of our lot told the one in orange we were from Belgium than, as he started this conversation.

As said before, you did a great job and judged the situation very well. What happened after final whistle wouldn't have been possible in Belgium without getting punished.

So I shook your hand (and from the same guy in orange from before the game) and thanked you when we left the stadium.

See you 29th! And keep up good work!

Ok, probably one of our lot told the one in orange we were from Belgium than, as he started this conversation.

As said before, you did a great job and judged the situation very well. What happened after final whistle wouldn't have been possible in Belgium without getting punished.

So I shook your hand (and from the same guy in orange from before the game) and thanked you when we left the stadium.

See you 29th! And keep up good work!

You were all friendly and just having fun so we knew you'd all be no trouble to us. I remember shaking your hand and a few of the other guys.

I'd never experienced anything like that as a steward before so I'll know what to expect next time. I might even get myself an Anderlecht shirt to wear under my jacket haha!

I wasnt there but I agree it sounds like they handled it well.

The dubious side of me wonders now the club know what they're like whether theyll be so happy for it to happen on the 29th

Your board contacted Crazy Belgians On Tour to thank us for our support and has sent several mails with high quality pictures of our support :thumbup:

This is UNBELIEVABLE.

Absolutely impossible in Belgium, where they try to keep this sort of fans out !

maybe Crazy Belgians On Tour should add the LCFC guys to the event on facebook?

Archived