Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Thank you Wasyl's army.

here's Wasyl's pen against the bastards from Standard, one year after his horrible injury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaUq4gHZKLY

My good friends Ava & Ugo explained already 'the Wasyl-story' for us Anderlecht-fans.  He really is a cult figure 

You've signed pure gold for Championship football, this is a player who would chew his own arm off for his club...

I had to miss the Millwall game, but I will be there for the Bolton game.  I also think that joining an away game would be fantastic... I have no doubt that our organizers, the infamous M. brothers, will be up for it.

About coming over to Brussels, I can only say it won't be a good idea.  As Ugo said, our board are a bunch of thick c*nts who take pleasure in making sure our fans sit down and give a little applause when a goal is scored.  Almost all quality supporters are banned from our ground (or have a promising basketbalcoaching carreer lol )

A preseason friendly @ KP would be great though

See you all at the Bolton game! :scarf:

Ok, here it comes: a bit more background information from one of the "infamous" (really, Lange?) M. brothers...

As you might have guessed from the stories of a few of my travelling mates here, us true Anderlecht fans are a strange bunch: we absolutely hate non-technical players and adore the giftes ones (think Kompany, think Lukaku, think Scifo - for all you old ****ers out there).

However, if a non-technical player gives all, does not moan to his team mates, opponents nor referees, does not give a toss about what blind and prejudiced journos think and shows true love for our colours, this fella might just fit right in with us and our expectations.

Enter Marcin Wasilewski, fitting the profile since januari 2007. The 2.5 years following his arrival, he was about the only non-technical player that could count on our unconditional support, precisely because of the reasons mentioned earlier - and he proved to have an excellent timing at free kicks and corners, scoring 20 goals in 143 league games. Which, to be honest, helps. Him. And Us. Winning games.

His horrible injury caused by that St*ndard c*nt only made our feelings stronger, so you can only imagine how we felt when after a couple of weeks, the news reached us that he was working Chuck Norris meets Lukaku style: "What does not kill you, makes you stronger. One day, I will be back."

The sheer feeling shared by all of us when he made his comeback for the final home game of the 2009-2010 season against Sint-Truiden (just over 8 months after the horrible tackle), will always be remembered. During summer, he underwent another couple of surgical operations, but only 15 months after that terrible day in september, he was up and about and back for good. 

A fair number of our lads, present at the King Power the day before yesterday (myself, my brother, Ugo & AvAtAr included) and/or present between Xmas & New Year (Lange - to name one) , have travelled all around Europe to support our beloved club in the Champions League, Europa League and even for international club friendlies in countries such as Spain, Greece, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, England & Holland, but also the less obvious ones - well, at least for the big masses - like Roumania, Lithuania, Serbia, Croatia & Russia. Some have done 20, others 30, 40, 50 or even 80 Anderlecht European away games. On a personal note: Olympiacos away will be my 42nd, since my maiden trip to Milan in March 1997. 

Now, gather Wasyl's cult hero status with those willing pack of nutters and a nearly 40-year-old with a top notch job - i.e. loads of time during work to organise days off from work - and already 80 odd games in the UK under his belt and strange things happen:

"Well, blimey, Wasilewski got signed at Leicester. And our home game against Cercle Brugge is set to Sunday 1 December. And Leicester is playing Millwall the day before. And their home game in the Capital One Cup is against Fulham. And I'm off that day and the one after that. And my brother is off as well. And we might buy our tickets then for all the ones that want to join in come 29 November. Well, what else you gonna do on a Tuesday in October and a Saturday in November?"

That's when I started brainstorming with both my (twin) brothers how to organise it: we would launch the idea during our Champions League away game in Lisbon and see if at least some of the lads were interested. They were and a couple of days after some extensive e-mailing with the very helpful lady from the ticket office (her name unfortunately slips my mind) and the guarantee that 65 tickets in the same block and area could be held apart until we had had the necessary time to gather all the payments and order a coach for the day, the Facebook page was made.

Within 5 days (I sit with an h you not), all 63 tickets + places in the coach (both drivers bringing us to Leicester would also come to the game) were gone and all payments were in.

It already spurred our feeling that it was going to be a top night out and that prediction seems to be true now...

As for the Bolton game: before the weekend, about 20 had already enlisted/paid and from Saturday afternoon onwards, more and more FB messages, text messages and e-mails came in, saying that they would love to come along and that they were sitting (without an h) at their desktop making the bank transfer.

I wonder why? :whistle:

Ok, here it comes: a bit more background information from one of the "infamous" (really, Lange?) M. brothers...

As you might have guessed from the stories of a few of my travelling mates here, us true Anderlecht fans are a strange bunch: we absolutely hate non-technical players and adore the giftes ones (think Kompany, think Lukaku, think Scifo - for all you old ****ers out there).

However, if a non-technical player gives all, does not moan to his team mates, opponents nor referees, does not give a toss about what blind and prejudiced journos think and shows true love for our colours, this fella might just fit right in with us and our expectations.

Enter Marcin Wasilewski, fitting the profile since januari 2007. The 2.5 years following his arrival, he was about the only non-technical player that could count on our unconditional support, precisely because of the reasons mentioned earlier - and he proved to have an excellent timing at free kicks and corners, scoring 20 goals in 143 league games. Which, to be honest, helps. Him. And Us. Winning games.

His horrible injury caused by that St*ndard c*nt only made our feelings stronger, so you can only imagine how we felt when after a couple of weeks, the news reached us that he was working Chuck Norris meets Lukaku style: "What does not kill you, makes you stronger. One day, I will be back."

The sheer feeling shared by all of us when he made his comeback for the final home game of the 2009-2010 season against Sint-Truiden (just over 8 months after the horrible tackle), will always be remembered. During summer, he underwent another couple of surgical operations, but only 15 months after that terrible day in september, he was up and about and back for good.

A fair number of our lads, present at the King Power the day before yesterday (myself, my brother, Ugo & AvAtAr included) and/or present between Xmas & New Year (Lange - to name one) , have travelled all around Europe to support our beloved club in the Champions League, Europa League and even for international club friendlies in countries such as Spain, Greece, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, England & Holland, but also the less obvious ones - well, at least for the big masses - like Roumania, Lithuania, Serbia, Croatia & Russia. Some have done 20, others 30, 40, 50 or even 80 Anderlecht European away games. On a personal note: Olympiacos away will be my 42nd, since my maiden trip to Milan in March 1997.

Now, gather Wasyl's cult hero status with those willing pack of nutters and a nearly 40-year-old with a top notch job - i.e. loads of time during work to organise days off from work - and already 80 odd games in the UK under his belt and strange things happen:

"Well, blimey, Wasilewski got signed at Leicester. And our home game against Cercle Brugge is set to Sunday 1 December. And Leicester is playing Millwall the day before. And their home game in the Capital One Cup is against Fulham. And I'm off that day and the one after that. And my brother is off as well. And we might buy our tickets then for all the ones that want to join in come 29 November. Well, what else you gonna do on a Tuesday in October and a Saturday in November?"

That's when I started brainstorming with both my (twin) brothers how to organise it: we would launch the idea during our Champions League away game in Lisbon and see if at least some of the lads were interested. They were and a couple of days after some extensive e-mailing with the very helpful lady from the ticket office (her name unfortunately slips my mind) and the guarantee that 65 tickets in the same block and area could be held apart until we had had the necessary time to gather all the payments and order a coach for the day, the Facebook page was made.

Within 5 days (I sit with an h you not), all 63 tickets + places in the coach (both drivers bringing us to Leicester would also come to the game) were gone and all payments were in.

It already spurred our feeling that it was going to be a top night out and that prediction seems to be true now...

As for the Bolton game: before the weekend, about 20 had already enlisted/paid and from Saturday afternoon onwards, more and more FB messages, text messages and e-mails came in, saying that they would love to come along and that they were sitting (without an h) at their desktop making the bank transfer.

I wonder why? :whistle:

Must of been a great feeling when that end were all clapping you near the end, must off made it all worth while.

How many of you are coming to the Bolton game?

here's Wasyl's pen against the bastards from Standard, one year after his horrible injury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaUq4gHZKLY

My good friends Ava & Ugo explained already 'the Wasyl-story' for us Anderlecht-fans. He really is a cult figure

You've signed pure gold for Championship football, this is a player who would chew his own arm off for his club...

I had to miss the Millwall game, but I will be there for the Bolton game. I also think that joining an away game would be fantastic... I have no doubt that our organizers, the infamous M. brothers, will be up for it.

About coming over to Brussels, I can only say it won't be a good idea. As Ugo said, our board are a bunch of thick c*nts who take pleasure in making sure our fans sit down and give a little applause when a goal is scored. Almost all quality supporters are banned from our ground (or have a promising basketbalcoaching carreer lol )

A preseason friendly @ KP would be great though

See you all at the Bolton game! :scarf:

"would chew his own arm off for the club"

Ha ha

Just goes to show how bad our fans are,

Outsung by 75 anderlecth fans at home when winning 3-0 and playing like champions,

Made me laugh all the excuses our fans came out with for not having a passionate electric crowd, just goes to show how poor we are as fans really.

No excuses Leicester, lets get that atmosphere rocking, I'm struggling to get to games between now and january, December is a very busy month for me,

However I won't miss bolton for the world now.

Great dedication from their fans, credit to you.

Anderlecht's song for Wasilewski (he really love it):

http://youtu.be/w3Hx_R6Gzqg

Just replace continental 'la la la' with some words:

Wasyl!

He's a tank from Poland, Wasyl...

He plays for Leicester, Wasyl...

And now he'll crush you,Wasyl...

Wasyl!

(repeat and repeat)

This song is simply a MUST now.

Even with 'la la la'.

Just imagine whole ground singing it during Bolton game, not only our belgian friends.

Just goes to show how bad our fans are,

Outsung by 75 anderlecth fans at home when winning 3-0 and playing like champions,

Made me laugh all the excuses our fans came out with for not having a passionate electric crowd, just goes to show how poor we are as fans really.

No excuses Leicester, lets get that atmosphere rocking, I'm struggling to get to games between now and january, December is a very busy month for me,

However I won't miss bolton for the world now.

Great dedication from their fans, credit to you.

THIS.

I'm trying to work out why if so many of our fans in C block and the Kop were so appreciative of their fans' efforts (and were also encouraged at HT to, 'keep the noise up lads') our fans in those blocks can't do it themselves.

What a great change, an upbeat and cheerful read!!

Since his first game I thought 'Wasyl' was going to be a great signing for our club i.e. an uncompromising die for the cause type a la Walshy figure. He adds some no nonesense steel that I think at times we've badly needed.

A couple of home matches ago as he came off the pitch, some of our disabled supporters in wheelchairs near the West Stand started waving to him, he ran over, hugged one, took his shirt off and gave it to them before going off, fantastic! Who says players can't still be in touch with their supporters! Well done Wasyl, keep it up.

Hope those Belgian boys come back as mentioned, they're very welcome!

People on here are very quick to criticise our club, and their attempts to kill the atmosphere, but it is clear from this thread what can be acheived if you work with the club rather than against it.

This thread is just full of credit, not just for the Anderlecht fans, but for the club too, the ticket office in reserving that block, the stewards for not overreacting (I hope they had been forewarned) and the press officer or whoever set up the meeting with Wasyl. 

By the sounds of it they are much better than Anderlecht, so why don't we try something similar for an FA cup tie, contact the club get an area reserved for FT and then co-ordinate a bunch of us all sitting together and getting some atmosphere going.

People on here are very quick to criticise our club, and their attempts to kill the atmosphere, but it is clear from this thread what can be acheived if you work with the club rather than against it.

This thread is just full of credit, not just for the Anderlecht fans, but for the club too, the ticket office in reserving that block, the stewards for not overreacting (I hope they had been forewarned) and the press officer or whoever set up the meeting with Wasyl. 

By the sounds of it they are much better than Anderlecht, so why don't we try something similar for an FA cup tie, contact the club get an area reserved for FT and then co-ordinate a bunch of us all sitting together and getting some atmosphere going.

The cynic in me thinks it was because it was a 'foreign' group supporting a specific player. I'm sure even Anderlecht would react differently to how they treat their own fans if a group of LCFC fans did a trip.

As for working with the club that's what both the original N block group and Fosse Boys did but were both betrayed by the club.

The club have a well earned reputation that will need a massive demonstration of goodwill to  all young adults before they will be believed as actually caring.

Archived