Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Thank you Wasyl's army.

If they do they can say goodbye to any future 60 to 100 ticket sales x £30 but then they've always got the DeMont fiver option to fill their coffers

Hello boys,

I will give a very personal view on our adventure of yesterday.

I am one of the responsables of 1 of the 40 fanclubs of RSC Anderlecht in Belgium. I have done over 50 European away games to follow my beloved Anderlecht. I fell in love with the team because of the technical skills of our players, always try to attack and dominate the game. If you see former players on the full back position were names as Babayaro, Grun, Andersen, Vandenborre, you can figure yourself they are another type of players than Wasyl. To me, Wasyl didn't have the technical skills to play for Anderlecht, BUT this guy arrived from Poland and from the start he played well. He was a natural leader on the pitch, always up for it, never let us down, the technical skills he was missing were more than compensated by his will to win and the love for our shirt: he was always giving 200% for our team.

Than the horrible tackle of butcher Witsel happened, but Wasyl fought back. He did what nobody thought was possible. We all were thinking he would never be on the field again, but Wasyl kept faith and back he was. Great to be back 1,5 years later, to come in against Standard and score the 5-0 on penalty: his personal revange.

So, only our deepest respect will be enough.

RSC Anderlecht refused to give him a new contract (which I agree, because we have Vandeborre and Wasyl doesn't deserve to be a substitute) and in the end, he moved to Leicester.

So, there we were, enjoying the sun outside the pub in Lissabon for our CL-away game in Benfica back in September, when the boys who travel a lot to England came up with the idea to pay Wasyl a visit. Immedietally the main away faces of different fanclubs were interested, so when organizers received their first info about tickets etcetera, within 5 days the coach was sold out! As Avatar explained, the coach stopped in 4 different places to pick up all the boys and off we were at 6 in the morning.

Great atmosphere on the coach already, with lot's of house music and some sing-a-long-songs ;)

We arrived just too late at the stadium but our welcome by security was superb! They were all friendly, asking how our trip had been, very polite. They can learn from that in Belgium. We waited for all the boys to pass ticket control before coming in the stands and there we were, giving our best for Wasyl. We noticed we were in a family block and not all fans were at ease at first. Fans around us started talking to us right a way and soon the block knew we weren't Millwall. ;)

We were encouraging Wasyl as we've never done before and he knew right away we were arrived and started waving at us on a corner to be taken at our side - be concentrated man, haha!

On half-time lots of LCFC fans started talking and I pesonally had a great chat with some fans in their 50's. "Keep up the noise boys, you're making my day"

And so we did

Wasyl - on the tones of "Brazil"

"There's only one Wasilewski, one Wasilewski, he takes the ball, he scores a goal, he is the greatest of them all"

"Wasyl is a Sportingboy, Wasyl is a Sportingboy"

"Wasilewski" on the tones of Papa's got a brand new pigbag

"Marcin, marcin Wasilewski, and the mauves will marching on on on" - Glory Glory hallelujah.

"Standard bastards broke his leg

After a brutal attack

But one day he will be back

MARCIN WASILEWSKI"

The 3 young lads behind were talking about Wasyl had to score a goal, because they wanted to see us going really crazy :D

It was not Wasyl who scored, but of course we will cheer if his team scores - what we did ;-)

2 minutes before end, we decided to move downstairs because we knew Wasyl woud come to greet us.

Than, something of the most beautifull things in my life happened: the whole corner got up, giving applaus and singing at us.... Only a little impression how it must feel to be on that pitch and hearing the fans giving you applause... unbelievable, I still get goosebumps thinking back of it. It just makes you wonder, why some of them players can't give themselves every week again for the full 200%, if you can get something beautifull like an applause of a lot of people in return.

So we got up front and security wanted us to sit down. LCFC started "they can sit where they want, they're Anderlecht, they can sit where they want" - goosebumps again, welcome feeling.

LCFC fans were moving to make space to let us betwen them. I ended up next to a very young boy who didn't dare to talk, but you could see the blinks in his eyes, so I got him up and let him "help" to show one of our flaggs - hope he enjoyed it.

Speaker was thanking the Anderlecht fans for coming over, which is appreciated.

Final whistle came in and Wasyl came to greet us.  If you see the movies on youtube: no words are needed anymore. Thanks to stewards and security guys, who judged the situation well and let us have a great little party. Afterwards Wasyl took the time to talk to us and be on the pictures. I can already tell he really looks forward to our next trip on 29th of December.

We headed back for the coach and got back to Belgium. The beers were coming at a slower tempo than we came in, but under great house music we still managed to get 40 beer crates done ;)

Arrived back at home at 5:15 this morning and adrenaline was still pumping! I couldn't get a sleep and checked out your great comments on different sources for 2 hours before to get to sleep

Also in Belgium, all your postive comments are appreciated. Other Anderlechtfans are jealous to have missed this one and of course, a lot of them want to come over now on 29th. But organizers will consider what is possible in order to keep the trip manageable. They did a great job for this trip and they deserve all credits!! Brothers M., I know you're reading this: WELL DONE mates!

If you come to the Anderlechtforum, you'll find the main away faces in the "RSCA On Tour" part.

These are the fans who were in Leicester (or will be) and who are all over Europe to support Anderlecht, but who get lack of respect by our own board. Not to say they prefer to give their main fans a hard time to follow their team.

They can learn A LOT of managing supporters from LCFC.

In summer, a friendly away game to Leicester would be great!

Hope our team don't ruin our great saturday with a poor performance today.

All the best and c you on 29th.

Sorry for poor English

This is football at its best. Magic. Though I wasn't there yesterday i look forward to the Bolton game. Perhaps you can go in the kop and show them how to sing?

I know this is an old article, and i'm not sure if anything became of it. But it seems we 'may' have more in common than Wasyl.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/archive/bakrie-clan-in-talks-to-buy-a-stake-in-belgian-top-flight-club/

We have (practically) the same owners?! Sweet! Maybe they could loan us a load of their talented Champions League quality players, Watfinese style.

I think the stewards were caught unawares yesterday but will be more prepared for the Bolton match. I really hope they are not briefed to take control like they have with us over recent years.

They aren't stupid to try mess with them, they won't care at all if the stewards say anything lol

We had a great time in Leicester!

Thank you very much for the standing ovation. A true goosebump moment!

Normally I wasn't planning on joining the trip on the 29th of December, but now I am considering of joining the lads on this trip as well.

So maybe I'll see you again in 4 weeks!

The club informed us in advance that Wasyl would greet us after the game, so when he came up to us things got a bit out of control, apologies for that - and also for standing up that much during the game.  But we had fun after all :)

Don't apologise for that. That's one thing we need far more of in our ground and in England in general.

A friendship developing with Leicester & Anderlecht could be the kick up the arse our support needs. If our fans regularly attend games over there then you never know - it might even bring out the best in our support again.

Archived