Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Thank you Wasyl's army.

Wes has been poor but I doubt we will drop him. Could happen though.

No your right,he won't be dropped but he's not the player he was last season is he.

Wes has been poor but I doubt we will drop him. Could happen though.

No your right,he won't be dropped but he's not the player he was last season is he.

The Anderlecht fans' bonus has long gone, evaporated.

The guy needs some serious competition at RB or a good talking to.

He did a great job against Millwall, impressing the Belgium following. Think that might have gotten a bit too much to his head.

His performances against Wednesday and Brighton were more than just sub-par. They were more shocking than shocking.

Then again, he's not a proper right-back and at age 33, maybe reaching the end of his career.

Wasyl has been crap the last 2 games. Might not feature.

It's fair to say he hasn't been the best but to be fair to him he is being played out of his natural position I much prefer him at Centre back with Wes in which I think is our best defensive pairing

He did a great job against Millwall, impressing the Belgium following. Think that might have gotten a bit too much to his head.

His performances against Wednesday and Brighton were more than just sub-par. They were more shocking than shocking.

Then again, he's not a proper right-back and at age 33, maybe reaching the end of his career.

I doubt he was only trying to impress the Anderlecht fans

Bollocks about the first part.

He's also not had a pre-season and missed a good amount of game time this season. clearly that's going to become a factor in his game performance and after Tuesday why wouldn't you pick Moore at right back?

He did what the manager asked him to do, fill in at emergency right back and play deep and then be expected to get back to cover the counter attacks, who's the obvious choice for that role on Saturday? The 21 year old who has had a sensational start to the season or a player in his twilight years who had clearly played a game too far based on Tuesday's performance against a bottom three side for his current fitness level.

Wasilewski is not a shit player, he's a tired player who should have been on the bench yesterday, not covering the entire right flank against the division form team which was a tactical gift to the Brighton lads who gladly accepted this early christmas present. There's also 10 men on the pitch, if the RB has dropped a bullock, where are they to mop up?

I still love the fella, Wasyl! Wasyl! Ohhh Ohhh Ohhh Ohhh!

Yes definitely played out of position. He looks awesome when he plays in his natural role and should not be played out of position. Nigel ckearky get it wrong along with a few more things at Brighton. Pearson has to take the blame for that loss, very poor tactics.

Will be hilarious if they come all this way and he doesn't even play, let alone make the bench lol

I don't really care about that mate, just a trip to Leicester, having a good time... that's it. 

We'll certainly make some noise.. :-)

For me our first choice backline remains DeLaet - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky.

I thought they were just starting to play very well when they were disrupted by injury, we need to get that solidity back quickly.

Wasilewski is exactly what he is, an experienced defender brought in as cover. I see him primarily as a backup to Morgan and would prefer whichever is playing to be paired with Moore or Miquel, Wes and Was are too similar, both like to attack the ball leaving no one covering, Moore or Miquel will do that.

As a makeshift fullback Wasilewski is fine, just not a regular starter, when we played well against Millwall he was good, when we played crap he was vulnerable, particularly against Brighton where he was given little help.

The 'cult hero' thing is fun but largely irrelevant, he's a wholehearted player and the fans love that, simple.

I think he's more than a cult hero, I think he's an excellent center back who distributes well.

I just think he's a bit naff at full back at this level, anyone with pace is going to do him.

I'd pick him with Morgan and have Moore at RB.

I think he's more than a cult hero, I think he's an excellent center back who distributes well.

I just think he's a bit naff at full back at this level, anyone with pace is going to do him.

I'd pick him with Morgan and have Moore at RB.

Disagree, as I said in my post. I like a slightly contrasting centre back pairing and I think Wes and Was to be too similar.

That said, I think Wasilewski is playing better than Morgan at the moment, or was when he was playing in the centre but then I am not sure how much the changes in our back 4 have affected Morgan. I thought he, Moore and Schmeichel were really beginning to come together before DeLaet's injury, all the changes have brought back the jitters that were so common earlier in the year.

I see the 'cult hero' thing as separate, he's a very decent player who has the kind of attitude and personality that appeals to the fans, does not make him less of a player.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived