Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Thank you Wasyl's army.

I had to step into conversation at half time mind.

A right couple of thickos speaking to the Anderlecht fans.

"We are here to watch Wasilewski"

"Who mate?"

"Wasilewski"

"Konchesky?"

Painful to listen to, God knows what they must of thought of him.

People on here are very quick to criticise our club, and their attempts to kill the atmosphere, but it is clear from this thread what can be acheived if you work with the club rather than against it.

This thread is just full of credit, not just for the Anderlecht fans, but for the club too, the ticket office in reserving that block, the stewards for not overreacting (I hope they had been forewarned) and the press officer or whoever set up the meeting with Wasyl. 

By the sounds of it they are much better than Anderlecht, so why don't we try something similar for an FA cup tie, contact the club get an area reserved for FT and then co-ordinate a bunch of us all sitting together and getting some atmosphere going.

Yep, I can't disagree with that. It's got to be worth a try hasn't it?

My good friends Ava & Ugo explained already 'the Wasyl-story' for us Anderlecht-fans.  He really is a cult figure 

You've signed pure gold for Championship football, this is a player who would chew his own arm off for his club...

I had to miss the Millwall game, but I will be there for the Bolton game.  I also think that joining an away game would be fantastic... I have no doubt that our organizers, the infamous M. brothers, will be up for it.

About coming over to Brussels, I can only say it won't be a good idea.  As Ugo said, our board are a bunch of thick c*nts who take pleasure in making sure our fans sit down and give a little applause when a goal is scored.  Almost all quality supporters are banned from our ground (or have a promising basketbalcoaching carreer lol )

A preseason friendly @ KP would be great though

See you all at the Bolton game! :scarf:

Oh no, this can't be true.

Last time you joined me on a European away game, we had 12 inches of snow and you had to cut your socks to prevent your balls freezing off. lol

Good to have you next to me again :thumbup:

My Belgian in laws hate our beers.

:thumbup:  And rightly so they do.

Oi.  None of that.  British ale is a very different beast to the plethora of beers the fine Belgian nation has to offer, but no less beautiful a thing.  I don't know what I'd go for given the choice between a Duvel and a pint of Tiger for instance.

Can some Anderlecht fans bring over some La Chouffe, N'ice Chouffe next time please.

A man of fine taste(probably said it before in a beer thread but it bears repeating).  :thumbup:

Oi.  None of that.  British ale is a very different beast to the plethora of beers the fine Belgian nation has to offer, but no less beautiful a thing.  I don't know what I'd go for given the choice between a Duvel and a pint of Tiger for instance.

A man of fine taste(probably said it before in a beer thread but it bears repeating).  :thumbup:

Just sorting out a big order from Beer Hawk to get some good beer in for Christmas. It's good how it seems to be getting more popular in England though with a lot of pubs having Belgian beers in.

Just sorting out a big order from Beer Hawk to get some good beer in for Christmas. It's good how it seems to be getting more popular in England though with a lot of pubs having Belgian beers in.

My only issue with the expansion into England of Belgian beer is on two occasions now I've been invited to a pub because "you'd love it there: they serve Hoegaarden" only to find out they mean the abomination that is Hoegaarden on tap and not in a bottle.  That disappointment is tempered by the fact that when you do find a bottle it contains about 50% more beer than the ones over here do.

My only issue with the expansion into England of Belgian beer is on two occasions now I've been invited to a pub because "you'd love it there: they serve Hoegaarden" only to find out they mean the abomination that is Hoegaarden on tap and not in a bottle.  That disappointment is tempered by the fact that when you do find a bottle it contains about 50% more beer than the ones over here do.

Yeah I know that feel. There are at least 3 pubs that I go to in Leicester than stock Belgian beer (la chouffe, delirum, rochefort etc) and when I visited a mate in Leamington there were a few pubs there stocking similar bottles. 

Archived