Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield away - NOW SOLD OUT

Train fare sorted managed to save nearly £40! otherwise it would have cost me and my dad £95! If you need any tips on getting your train fare cheaper just let me know.

yes would be great please! 4 of us are getting the train from Leicester... coming up at £42 each... any help? thanks

yes would be great please! 4 of us are getting the train from Leicester... coming up at £42 each... any help? thanks

Okay

1) Buy a Single travelling on the 07:16 from Leicester To Nuneaton, which will cost £3.60 you'll get into Nuneaton at 07:34.

2) Buy then a return from Nuneaton To Stafford which will cost £6.60, you'll train will depart Nuneaton at 08:16. you'll get into Stafford at 08:53

3) Buy then a single from Stafford To Manchester Piccadilly which will cost £8.80 travelling on the 09:01, you'll get into Manchester P at 09:59.

4) Buy then a return from Manchester Pic to Huddersfield which will cost £12.50.

Return Part

5) Catch the 17:16 from Huddersfield to Manchester Pic, you'll get into Huddersfield at 17:53.

6) Buy then a single from Manchester Pic to Stafford which will cost £8.80 travelling on the 18:27, you'll arrive into Stafford at 19:25.

7) Catch the 19:51 from Stafford to Nuneaton, arriving into Nuneaton at 20:30

8) Buy then a single from Nuneaton to Leicester which will cost £3.60 travelling on 20:52 arriving back into Leicester at 21:16.

Make you buy the tickets online! 

EDITED: I've just worked this out £40.90 am i right? So actually working it out now, you'll only save £1.10. I forgot to add the Leicester to Nuneaton part.

Another bit of advice trying buying singles from Leicester to Sheffield, Sheffield to Huddersfield. the same coming back. See there's any. Hope this can help.

Okay

1) Buy a Single travelling on the 07:16 from Leicester To Nuneaton, which will cost £3.60 you'll get into Nuneaton at 07:34.

2) Buy then a return from Nuneaton To Stafford which will cost £6.60, you'll train will depart Nuneaton at 08:16. you'll get into Stafford at 08:53

3) Buy then a single from Stafford To Manchester Piccadilly which will cost £8.80 travelling on the 09:01, you'll get into Manchester P at 09:59.

4) Buy then a return from Manchester Pic to Huddersfield which will cost £12.50.

Return Part

5) Catch the 17:16 from Huddersfield to Manchester Pic, you'll get into Huddersfield at 17:53.

6) Buy then a single from Manchester Pic to Stafford which will cost £8.80 travelling on the 18:27, you'll arrive into Stafford at 19:25.

7) Catch the 19:51 from Stafford to Nuneaton, arriving into Nuneaton at 20:30

8) Buy then a single from Nuneaton to Leicester which will cost £3.60 travelling on 20:52 arriving back into Leicester at 21:16.

Make you buy the tickets online! 

EDITED: I've just worked this out £40.90 am i right? So actually working it out now, you'll only save £1.10. I forgot to add the Leicester to Nuneaton part.

Another bit of advice trying buying singles from Leicester to Sheffield, Sheffield to Huddersfield. the same coming back. See there's any. Hope this can help.

That's a massive detour. You start off going in completely the wrong direction.  lol

I was giggling at the start when it said head to Nuneaton, chuckling whilst reading the rest then burst into laughter when I saw the grand saving of 2quid.

Still 1 spare seat in our minibus for 19quid return

I wouldn't even do all of that if it saved me £20.

We've got a mini bus going up from Aylestone. Leaving at 9am plenty of drinking time in Huddersfield.

That's a massive detour. You start off going in completely the wrong direction.  lol

I'd say cut your losses and go direct as it saves about 3 years of your life kicking around train platforms.

You only need one delayed, cancelled etc and it messes your day up.

Leicesterpool, I admire your willingness to help fellow fans out but four seperate trains!?

You can get a return train from Leicester to Huddersfield on Saturday for £35/£36, so no idea what why he is suggesting to fellow LCFC fans that they travel to Nuneaton.

Leicester to Sheffield (Off peak return) £17.30 with a railcard, £26.20 without.

Sheffield to Huddersfield (Day return) £6.10 with a railcard, £9.15 without.

Archived