CPW22 Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 Seeing some of the best players in the world at my club, I cant wait!
Mark_from_USA Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 We will need to figure out how to slog it out against the West Hams of the world. Right now we play our football against all comers and it works. A few times this year we have had to dig in and ground out the points. Sides in the bottom half are often set up to grind out points against the better sides. We will come in thinking we are good enough to play free flowing football like we are this year and get results. We may, we may not. We might have to be wiser in possession. More judicious in pressing our attacks. In the end, I hope Pearson's long experience succeeding at different levels will serve us well.
bluesbrothers Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 Not bothered. We've come up against both Hazard and Aguero before and weren't really humbled.
Kitchandro Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 Not bothered. We've come up against both Hazard and Aguero before and weren't really humbled. I don't think Aguero has.
leicesterisme Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 Suarez won't be at Liverpool next season anyway. But no, I'm not bothered one bit, we should get beat by the top sides, anything else will be a huge bonus. Losing against the top sides is not going to decide whether we stay up or not.
Hungry Hungry Fox Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 We always used to get thrashed by 3/4/5 by United and Arsenal under O'Neill. Who cares? Because we still did well and every now and again we beat them too. ...but yes Suarez and Sturridge against Big Wes is slightly scary. Don't remember us getting thrashed that many times, but I do remember us being liverpools bogey team
Socks Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 ....Is anybody else just a little bit frightened? yeah but if they turn up on the day they could batter anyone even Barcelona or other European Champions i.e. Notts Forrest somedays they may not
XLM Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 Can't wait to see us compete with some of the best footballers on Earth. They might dick us, but then again we might do a job against them. How good would that feel?
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 I cant wait to hear what Mourinho says about us "The referee… I can't comment. It was a stupid mistake, I think. I can't possibly comment."
Finnegan Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 ....Is anybody else just a little bit frightened? All three of them should be. Wasyl's coming.
THEBIGJOHNSTEADER; Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 So I take it we'll be telling chris finch that we won't be doing business with him anymore?
GingerrrFox Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 The best part will be Gary Neville giving us the lowdown on MNF about the famous Leicester City. I love Gary Neville.
Corky Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 I can see us beating a top side, Arsenal at home is my prediction early doors (hi Ron).
Guest Col city fan Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 The difference between the Championship and the Prem is that you can never switch off. The pace and the quality IMO is hugely different. Some say that the difference between the top few teams in the Championship and the bottom few in the Prem is negligible. I think different. Cardiff aside (crap), just look at the likes of Norwich, Villa, Sunderland, West Brom.. All teams that are much better than Derby, Reading, QPR, even Burnley. They have Prem experience, money to build again in the summer and contain some very good players. That's just the worst of the teams... When you look at the top half, yes, it's scary. My belief is that many on here are really underestimating how good the Prem, per se, is.. And overestimating how good we are. We will need to add some real quality additions in the summer to be able to make a fist of staying up, IMO. You cannot switch off in the Prem or you're punished. None of this Nugent missing sitters or Lloyd Dyer having an off-game or King 'going missing'. If this happens too often we'll be struggling to stay up.
LanguedocFox Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 The difference between the Championship and the Prem is that you can never switch off. The pace and the quality IMO is hugely different. Some say that the difference between the top few teams in the Championship and the bottom few in the Prem is negligible. I think different. Cardiff aside (crap), just look at the likes of Norwich, Villa, Sunderland, West Brom.. All teams that are much better than Derby, Reading, QPR, even Burnley. They have Prem experience, money to build again in the summer and contain some very good players. That's just the worst of the teams... When you look at the top half, yes, it's scary. My belief is that many on here are really underestimating how good the Prem, per se, is.. And overestimating how good we are. We will need to add some real quality additions in the summer to be able to make a fist of staying up, IMO. You cannot switch off in the Prem or you're punished. None of this Nugent missing sitters or Lloyd Dyer having an off-game or King 'going missing'. If this happens too often we'll be struggling to stay up. Sensible post as usual, Col, but I think you're being unduly pessimistic about us. Over the past three months or so, we've shown just how good our squad is: we really are streets ahead of the rest of the division, including Burnley in my opinion. Yes, we're going to need some good signings in the summer, and I've no doubt that Steve Walsh and his team are already checking up on players we should look at signing, if we go up. But from what I have seen, I reckon that the younger players like Drinkwater, James, Schlupp, De Laet, Knockaert and Mahrez will positively enjoy the Prem, and raise their games accordingly. If Dyer gets fully fit, his pace and that of Vardy will do some damage, and while I think that Morgan and Wasyl are lacking in pace, I think they are solid and experienced enough to avoid being caught out most of the time. Most of all, I think the one big thing the team has going for it is Pearson: he's been working for this all his career, and he is going to make damn sure that we give it our best shot. Hull have succeeded, so why shouldn't we?
Fox Ulike Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 ....Is anybody else just a little bit frightened? Yes. But we're not really competing against Liverpool Chelsea and Man City. If we pick up just a single point from those 6 games i'll be jumping in the fountain. Are we frightened ofJonathan Walters, Vaz te and van Wolfswinkel? NOOOOO!
Guest Col city fan Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 Sensible post as usual, Col, but I think you're being unduly pessimistic about us. Over the past three months or so, we've shown just how good our squad is: we really are streets ahead of the rest of the division, including Burnley in my opinion. Yes, we're going to need some good signings in the summer, and I've no doubt that Steve Walsh and his team are already checking up on players we should look at signing, if we go up. But from what I have seen, I reckon that the younger players like Drinkwater, James, Schlupp, De Laet, Knockaert and Mahrez will positively enjoy the Prem, and raise their games accordingly. If Dyer gets fully fit, his pace and that of Vardy will do some damage, and while I think that Morgan and Wasyl are lacking in pace, I think they are solid and experienced enough to avoid being caught out most of the time. Most of all, I think the one big thing the team has going for it is Pearson: he's been working for this all his career, and he is going to make damn sure that we give it our best shot. Hull have succeeded, so why shouldn't we? To be honest mate, I can't really argue with any of that. However, Hull have succeeded (so far) on the back of signing Huddlestone, Davies, Livermore, McGregor and most recently Long and Jelavic. Thats 6 good quality signings to add to their existing squad. Where I think we are better off us that we have a better squad now than Hull did when they got promotion. But my point remains (and its not a pessimistic one) that IMO many seem to be underestimating the Prem and that we will be ok because we are so very good NOW. I could be wrong but I think the Premiership is a totally different animal. Even a team like West Ham, having had a pretty torrid time altogether this season... would you fancy going there to get a victory, even at present? I'm not sure it's going to be anything other than a major slog. I'm massively looking forward to it though (assuming we get up), will procure my season ticket once more and intend to head off for some away games. Bring it on..
Corky Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 I don't know anyone who thinks this squad will do really well without reinforcements. I reckon this team could beat a few of the Premier League sides on their day however. But for consistency we need improvements.
Dan Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 I'm convinced a lot of people only rate some sides in the bottom half of that league based on the amount they cost and how big the names are. Do those sides play better football than Leicester? I honestly think with sensible additions we'll go up and get ourselves into about 13th. Hull weren't as good 12 months ago as we are now but they're certainly staying up IMO.
DennisNedry Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 I'd love to see Wasil catch Suarez in the mouth with a strong elbow. If anything, it'd improve Suarez's jawline.
Guest Col city fan Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 I'm convinced a lot of people only rate some sides in the bottom half of that league based on the amount they cost and how big the names are. Do those sides play better football than Leicester? I honestly think with sensible additions we'll go up and get ourselves into about 13th. Hull weren't as good 12 months ago as we are now but they're certainly staying up IMO. As I wrote earlier Dan, based upon 6 good signings on an already decent squad.
The Year Of The Fox Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 That's what this guy is for. Take them out early doors. What, Finnegan?
Weller in Tights Posted 18 March 2014 Posted 18 March 2014 Fvck em all, Fvck em all The Spurs, the Hull and Arsenal Coz we are the Leicester and we are the best, We are the Leicester so fvck all the rest
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.