Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Will Big Nige get the sack if we're in the bottom 3 at Christmas?

I think next season the fans need to stay behind the squad and management staff because it is going to be a tuff season. If we start calling on heads and booing the players after a few bad performances it would put added pressure on the players and with a young team it could be detrimental. Let's hope it doesn't get to that though because after reading some of the posts on here I should expect boos in the first game if we draw away or let a set piece go in.

I think with a bit of experience and/or class at the back we will cope. The only weakness in our team at the moment is set pieces. I personally think if we got that sorted out current squad would be good enough to stay up in the prem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People still bother to pay attention to sees****all? The guy is either a troll, or one of those who didn't want pearson back and won't change their tune no matter what. We could romp to the title with a record points tally next season and he'd still be calling for nigels head.

I very nearly put that lol

I can actually see what he's getting at slightly, I just strongly disagree that we'd be any better off with one of these 'names' than we would with Pearson, and I mean strongly.

I do see what he means, but he loses his argument when he says we are keeping Pearson on for sentimental reasons rather than the fact he's been bloody good at his job this season and deserves the chance to test himself at a higher level.

Sacking a promoted manager before a ball has been kicked would do a lot of damage to the club, especially the players who would be wondering what the hell was going on.

Un-fookin-believable. The way some of our fans are (and it is the very minority) its a wonder if Pearson wants to stay with us.

We should be kissing his arse for what he has done for the club this season, not speculate his job!

On another note, I don't remember MON's great track record of managing in the premier league before he joined us, as far as I can remember, Norwich, Wycombe, and Grantham were no where near back then.

Un-fookin-believable. The way some of our fans are (and it is the very minority) its a wonder if Pearson wants to stay with us.

We should be kissing his arse for what he has done for the club this season, not speculate his job!

On another note, I don't remember MON's great track record of managing in the premier league before he joined us, as far as I can remember, Norwich, Wycombe, and Grantham were no where near back then.

Did well with Wycombe if my ageing memory serves me rightly?

Did well with Wycombe if my ageing memory serves me rightly?

Don't think u got my point Col. He did very well with Wycombe, but like Pearson, he had never managed in the PL before he got to us. He didn't do too bad did he?

Some People expect all premier league managers to be born there or something...crazy

Don't think u got my point Col. He did very well with Wycombe, but like Pearson, he had never managed in the PL before he got to us. He didn't do too bad did he?

Some People expect all premier league managers to be born there or something...crazy

Ah sorry buddy. . I getcha..

:thumbup:

I think it's worth pointing out that of the 7 managerial changes this season in the Premiership, only 1 club has actually sacked the manager who got them into the PL in the first place. That was when Cardiff sacked Malky McKay and Cardiff have an extremely eccentric owner and I don't think the sacking will do any good in their case.

Holloway (spit) got Crystal Palace promoted but he wasn't sacked, he resigned and Palace tried to talk him out of it.

All the other sackings, Di Canio at Sunderland, Jol at Fulham, Hughton at Norwich, Clarke at WBA and Laudrupp at Swansea were not the managers who originally took the club up.

Taking a club up earns you a lot of kudos and leeway the following season. I don't think Leicester have ever sacked our manager in a season after he won us promotion and I hope it doesn't happen this time either.

But if NP decided to quit in the summer and look for another ''challenge'' or a better contract, whoever replaced him certainly wouldn't have the same allowances made for him if we were to struggle.

Interestingly Martin ON took half a season to get us promoted, not 2 and a half and showed he could adapt very quickly to what the league threw at him. I expected the personal insults for daring to suggest that we are not necessarily on the right track. The 'two years come what may' is possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen on here - 10-12 games without a win and even Niges worshippers will be getting their torches out.....wise up guys, he has done great this season but we need to stay up - maybe he will be the one to buck the trend but if he sees Christmas as a Leicester manager I'll be the first to congratulate him on a new Christmas miracle.

Seenitall

Tell me whos out there, with such knowledge of forthcoming doom, give us 3 managers, who deserves a chance above

Nigel Peason, better still name 3 managers, who you believe would do a better job, youve obviously seenitall so you must have a treasure trove of knowledge, gained from the Cathars,Templars.

Carcasson has definitly left a spiritual influence upon you, so deep you want to sell out NP to the spanish inquisition.

Interestingly Martin ON took half a season to get us promoted, not 2 and a half and showed he could adapt very quickly to what the league threw at him. I expected the personal insults for daring to suggest that we are not necessarily on the right track. The 'two years come what may' is possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen on here - 10-12 games without a win and even Niges worshippers will be getting their torches out.....wise up guys, he has done great this season but we need to stay up - maybe he will be the one to buck the trend but if he sees Christmas as a Leicester manager I'll be the first to congratulate him on a new Christmas miracle.

Yes he took half a season, but Leicester were already top half of the table and going well under before Mr "Wolves are the next best thing to Man U" MaGoo, left.

I bet you were one of the crowd who wanted Martin out after his initial stuttering start too?

I too would like you to give us a realistic name/names of the new Messiah.

Yes he took half a season, but Leicester were already top half of the table and going well under before Mr "Wolves are the next best thing to Man U" MaGoo, left.

I bet you were one of the crowd who wanted Martin out after his initial stuttering start too?

I too would like you to give us a realistic name/names of the new Messiah.

We were actually top or second when MON came, we kept on switching places at the top with Millwall, MON came and we plummeted like a stone and only just scraped into the play-offs on the last day of the season.

MON's first half a season was a disaster, almost as bad as our relegation form run last season, for see nit all to use him as an example is odd, when his championship/div1 record was awful, and his prem record was amazing. (He wasn't exactly ripping up trees with Norwich either.)

Unless that is his point, MON rubbish in Div 1, great in the Prem, NP great in Championship, rubbish in Prem...

Otherwise his logic is just plain weird.

EDIT: MON's Div 1 record, 9 wins in 24 for us, with 4 of them being in the last 4 games.

I won't.

If we go twelve games without a win, I expect a lot of fans to turn on Pearson. I won't, but I can understand why some would. The point is that seenitall isn't even willing to give him twelve minutes in the Prem.

The logic of getting an experienced prem league manager instead is just weird. If the new manager was that good, he wouldn't want to come to Leicester, would he? A foreign coach? He would have to adapt the English game.

Maybe we can take on someone like Tim Sherwood when Spurs sack him at e end of the season? No thanks

Just to add to the points made by other posters that put your post to shame...

Times have changed... Those were times where teams could spend £4m and challenge for top 4... 

It's so different now, As you can tell by MON's career since those times, A good period with villa, In which ended due to LACK OF FUNDS. And Celtic (Which was expected)

For nigel to do what he has with such a disfunctional club, is some feat.

Not quite on par with Oneills cup heroics, but ultimately not far in the grand scheme of where we are as a club.

This is a hypothetical question which I really hope will not apply to Nigel/The owners/LCFC.

If the team were struggling in the Prem. then I hope that the owners would appreciate that this is a manager that has never managed in the Prem. before, therefore he is learning.

This is the guy that has taken the football club into the Prem. after a 10 year absence & has done a brilliant job. I am quite sure that he has 100% support & backing from the players in the full squad. IMO he is a very good man manager, he & his support staff take their time to run the rule over any potential signings. They appear to select players that are going to blend in with the other guys & to compliment the squad.

I think we will be ok in the Prem. but if unfortunately we were relegated, then I hope the owners would stick with Nigel & his staff because he would take us back up & have a wiser head on his shoulders!

Good Luck to all at LCFC & let's look forward to a successful season in the best league in the World.

This is a hypothetical question which I really hope will not apply to Nigel/The owners/LCFC.

If the team were struggling in the Prem. then I hope that the owners would appreciate that this is a manager that has never managed in the Prem. before, therefore he is learning.

This is the guy that has taken the football club into the Prem. after a 10 year absence & has done a brilliant job. I am quite sure that he has 100% support & backing from the players in the full squad. IMO he is a very good man manager, he & his support staff take their time to run the rule over any potential signings. They appear to select players that are going to blend in with the other guys & to compliment the squad.

I think we will be ok in the Prem. but if unfortunately we were relegated, then I hope the owners would stick with Nigel & his staff because he would take us back up & have a wiser head on his shoulders!

Good Luck to all at LCFC & let's look forward to a successful season in the best league in the World.

We got promoted to the Bundesliga? Cool, but there are going to be some seriously expensive away trips next season... :ph34r:

Just to say I made this thread as a hypothetical scenario. If it was up to me Pearson would get a full season next season regardless of the outcome, he's earnt that imo, loyalty in football (especially the owner/manager relationship) seems to be at an all time low and I find that very offputting. It's becoming a bit like formla 1 now at the top end of the sport, business first, sport second, which is ****ing diabolical.

You were happy in mid-table though

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/77203-ferguson-and-villa-boas-out

Archived