Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Players that you completely....

I cant remember the name of that central defender we had, foreign, looked promising but suffered an injury and was never the same.

Looked a little like Lampard.

I wont look it up I'll let one of you guys be the hero.

Tunchev?

Roman Bednar, Jon Stevenson, Martin Reeves, Jon Ashton, Josh Low, Andy Johnson, Jason Wilcox, Ashley Lyth, Tom Williamson, Ricardo, Rufus Brevett, Alan Sheehan, Jacob Laursen, Charlie Miller, Ricky Sappleton, Hossein Kaibei, Sergio Hellings, Tomi Petrescu, Jimmy Willis, Lars Hirchsfield, Neil Lewis, Roberto Mancini, John Curtis, Peter Canero, Kevin Ellison, Lawrie Dudfield, Dean Sturridge, Lee Marshall, Matt Jones, Dennis Wise, Stefan Moore, Kevin Harper, Andy Welsh, Peter Gilbert, Jason Jarrett, Luigi Glombard, Kelvin Etuhu.

Could go on for ages. Probably named a few that have been mentioned already, just thought I'd get in on this somewhat painful nostalgia.

Roman Bednar, Jon Stevenson, Martin Reeves, Jon Ashton, Josh Low, Andy Johnson, Jason Wilcox, Ashley Lyth, Tom Williamson, Ricardo, Rufus Brevett, Alan Sheehan, Jacob Laursen, Charlie Miller, Ricky Sappleton, Hossein Kaibei, Sergio Hellings, Tomi Petrescu, Jimmy Willis, Lars Hirchsfield, Neil Lewis, Roberto Mancini, John Curtis, Peter Canero, Kevin Ellison, Lawrie Dudfield, Dean Sturridge, Lee Marshall, Matt Jones, Dennis Wise, Stefan Moore, Kevin Harper, Andy Welsh, Peter Gilbert, Jason Jarrett, Luigi Glombard, Kelvin Etuhu.

Could go on for ages. Probably named a few that have been mentioned already, just thought I'd get in on this somewhat painful nostalgia.

Tom Williamson is my workmates brother

Steve Thompson - No, not the cultured passing midfielder but the frizzy haired, bushy tached centre half from the late 80's from Charlton leaving after a few months for Sheff Utd. In days of small squads it was unusual to sign an experienced player then never use him.

Wayne "Corner flag" Clarke, so called because in some games the corner flag showed more movement than he did, one of those finishers who "Knows where the goal is" (but has poor touch, link up play, work rate and movement) but would take it literally and just hang about the penalty spot waiting for the ball. "Mooooove Clarke, Mooooooooove" screamed a young fazzy fox in a tone that made Hitler seem a polite communicator in Comparison. File with Jimmy Quinn and Bobby Davison.

Tommy Christensons diving header, amazing that one single non scoring maneuvre is remembered by many after all these years but it was something flashy and seemed almost exclusively continental at the time, like something that we'd only previously seen on TV. Impressive gymnastics but it helps if the ball ends up in the net. Cunningham was signed around the same time and given boths fitness struggles it looks like a case of hedging bets by looking at both then keeping one (for a while) as the quest to replace Lineker went on, settling eventually with Steve "Likes a pint" Moran. I mean come on, you don't get red cheeks like his if you're sober.

I remember Rosenborg played Chelsea a few seasons ago in the Champions League and remember Clive saying that their 'keeper was ex-Leicester. Lars Hirschfeld he was called, made one appearance in 04/05 - still physically can't remember him.

Canadian international I seem to remember

Archived