Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Players that you completely....

Kevin Campbell and a winger from Tottenham think his name was Paul Moran. Signed by Pleat on loan one season to help our annual relegation fight Campbell was excellent and you knew he would be a top player. Although I was quite young Moran seemed to me to be lightening fast but just kept running the ball out of play ala Forrest Gump.

Also Paul Cooper. Penalty save king and great shot stopper to boot. Very much like Kevin Poole.

Talking of keeoers Martin Hodge the Bodge, Kevin for ****s sake Pressman and Spider Kalac. All utter dog shit.

Spider kalac was so shite, he sparked claridge in to life to shin us into the prem

Most of my Facebook status from the day we got promoted: 

Josh Low, Momo Sylla, Sergio Hellings, Hossain Kaebi, Andy Johnson, Jason Jarrett, Rab Douglas, Stephen Clemence, Gabor Bori, Nicly Adams, Wayne Brown, Alex Bruce, Michael Lamey, Ricardo, Leon Crncic, Moreno, Michael Johnson, Michael Ball, Matt Mills, Jermaine Beckford, Ian ****ing Holloway - **** the lot of you and your mediocre turgid football - we're back where we belong!

One I remember from my youth but many won't was Mick Galloway. Great player whose career was stopped by injury.

Three for our older listeners, from the late 70s/mid 80s:

Russell Osman: won the UEFA and FA Cup with Ipswich, played for England, then joined us - to be honest, put in a good shift as well

George Armstrong: won the Double with Arsenal and signed for us by his old mate McLintock for £15K - and did fvck all in return

Robert Alleyne: came through the ranks, started one, sub twice before moving on: I saw him once, against West Ham at Upton Park, and he was terrible - though he was not alone in that

Ricky Hill.

David Pleat's old mate. The man whose silky skills and midfield generalship were the last piece in the jigsaw which would spearhead a promotion campaign in 1990/01.

We stayed up in Division Two by the skin of our teeth that year, with Ricky Hill having played no part whatsoever in any of the games which mattered.

Quality call!

A bloke in the east stand used to roll his tongue and shout RRRRRRRIIICCKKEEE! Everytime he touched the ball. (Twice a game on average) funny as fook

Archived